Author Topic: Anyone who still has the 1.43 introduction pack?  (Read 1616 times)

Offline Strato Incendus

• The King of Shimmiers (crowned by Flopsy ;D )
  • #RIP Spearer/Grenader (2020 - 2021)
    • View Profile
Anyone who still has the 1.43 introduction pack?
« on: September 10, 2017, 01:18:47 PM »
I asked Flopsy on YouTube whether the original version of the introduction pack, i.e. the one featuring the "Gimmicks" rank, was still available anywhere. I know the official one has been updated (or should I say: The last rank just has been completely removed :/ ) in order for it to go along with the current version of NeoLemmix. But now that I've finally gotten the old version to work, I'd like to try some of the gimmick levels myself. So does anyone of you still have it on his PC?

1.43 has some interesting benefits and restrictions compared to the current version - no fencer and no option to combine terrain and objects from different tilesets obviously are a downside, but gimmicks certainly make up for that! ^^ I was originally hoping I could transfer PARALEMS to the older version, even if I had to rebuild all the levels manually. While I see now this won't work, I'm tempted to build something entirely new exclusively around gimmicks. To make it a little more predictable, perhaps a specific gimmick will apply for an entire rank before changing to the next one (a rank of all wraparound levels, a rank of all anti-gravity levels, and so on).
My packs so far:
Lemmings World Tour (New & Old Formats), my music-themed flagship pack, 320 levels - Let's Played by Colorful Arty
Lemmings Open Air, my newest release and follow-up to World Tour, 120 levels
Paralems (Old Formats), a more flavour-driven one, 150 levels
Pit Lems (Old Formats), a more puzzly one, 100 levels - Let's Played by nin10doadict
Lemmicks, a pack for (very old) NeoLemmix 1.43 full of gimmicks, 170 levels

Offline Nepster

• View Profile
Re: Anyone who still has the 1.43 introduction pack?
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2017, 01:25:14 PM »
I found the attached pack in my back-ups. I haven't tested whether it is exactly what you want, but chances are reasonably good.

Offline Strato Incendus

• The King of Shimmiers (crowned by Flopsy ;D )
  • #RIP Spearer/Grenader (2020 - 2021)
    • View Profile
Re: Anyone who still has the 1.43 introduction pack?
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2017, 03:26:59 PM »
That was it, perfect, thanks a lot! :D

I can totally see now why this feature got out of hand... but that is just more motivation for me to try a more systematic approach. Like 1 gimmick per rank, 10 levels in sequence featuring the same gimmick, so the player can get used to it. The name for such a pack kinda picks itself - "Lemmicks" :) .

Since the player 1.43 is still available, I think I'll try building such a thing. And if it's just for nostalgia purposes for the other forum members :D .
My packs so far:
Lemmings World Tour (New & Old Formats), my music-themed flagship pack, 320 levels - Let's Played by Colorful Arty
Lemmings Open Air, my newest release and follow-up to World Tour, 120 levels
Paralems (Old Formats), a more flavour-driven one, 150 levels
Pit Lems (Old Formats), a more puzzly one, 100 levels - Let's Played by nin10doadict
Lemmicks, a pack for (very old) NeoLemmix 1.43 full of gimmicks, 170 levels