Author Topic: Which Lemmings was your first?  (Read 6662 times)

Offline bodie

• View Profile
Re: Which Lemmings was your first?
« Reply #15 on: August 10, 2023, 08:32:53 PM »
I first played Lemmings on the SNES and then got the PS2 one with better graphics and stuff. I never played the game on any of the other various ports so being able to have a go at the expansion and genesis only levels on super lemmix is fab!

Offline Herby

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 21, 2024, 12:52:55 PM »
I'm embarrassed to admit, but my first experience was Lemmings - The Puzzle Adventure. I quit the game on the 5th planet. Later I found a video with the Nes version of Lemmings and then the Snes version. I really liked it and went up to level 1 of Taxing and stopped there. This is how I found the forum after searching the wiki.

Offline weirdybeardy

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 21, 2024, 03:47:57 PM »
No need to be embarrassed about whatever your first game was. :thumbsup: A love of the game franchise (and the community attached to it) can be fostered in many ways, and despite it's slightly mediocre reputation, Puzzle Adventure is a fun little game that's a good way to spark that interest. Most people around here absolutely love the classics (L1, L2, L3) - myself included. 8-)

My very first Lemmings WAS the very first Lemmings, back in 1991. But I have a soft spot for pretty much all of them.
My projects:

Lemmings in Weirdyland (NeoLemmix):
https://www.lemmingsforums.net/index.php?topic=6135.0

My levels for Lemmings 2 The Tribes can be found here:
https://www.lemmingsforums.net/index.php?topic=990.0

Offline Mobiethian

• Keep doing your thing!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 22, 2024, 12:26:27 AM »
Hello, I am new here and this is my first reply. I just wanted to chime in and say that the first Lemmings game that I owned was the first one for DOS, 1991. I still have it (disk), the box, and manual. What a great experience back then and the other games after it will always be loved.

It has taken a great amount of research to find out what 'some' of the others were. Of course, this was when I was no longer a kid and a long time ago. Now I am aware of every Lemmings game. I think?

Offline grams88

• Just one more thing.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 11, 2024, 12:06:13 PM »
Welcome to the forum Mobiethian :)

My very first time discovering it was the original lemmings when I was watching my Mum and Dad play it on their Atari ST, as Strato was saying there was the cheat option which was something I used all the time, I just loved looking at the levels and the decorations of the levels.  I thought there was something quite cool about the decorations and the way the levels looked.  As a kid I used to pretend that I was playing lemmings but using household objects as obstacles.

I've been playing Lemmings 3d recently again and must say this is quite well done. I'm loving the puzzles, I've almost completed Taxing Difficulty.  It was one of the games I found a bit hard when I was younger, I Think it was to do with the navigating around a level.

Offline Adrian060756

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 23, 2024, 02:49:45 AM »
Well I grew up with Sega consoles, our family never owned a PC so naturally it was on the Sega Master System with the Sega Master System version developed by Probe and published by Sega in 1992. When I first played it I had no idea what I was supposed to do? I mistakenly treated it as an action platformer similar to Sonic or Mario. My dad read the instruction booklet and worked out how the 8 skills have to be assigned to a specific Lemming and we both took it from there. All was well until we reached Level 11 of Fun. We were stuck on this level for weeks until that brainwave came and someone said ''you send two over the mountain and turn the first into a blocker and let the other one turn around and bash''.

A year later I got a Mega Drive in 1993 and when I got Lemmings on it, it blew my mind! The improved art, graphics, music and all that extra content not in the Amiga original just made me fall in love with the game. I was way more familiar with Lemmings at this point and knew how to play it. In 1994 I had to leave home for a week and go on a school camping excursion and I actually (hid) the game from my father to stop him progressing further into the game without me being there. Memories ay? I still play the Mega Drive version religiously nearly every year, naturally playing the game every so often over the course of 30 years leaves me remembering every solution off by heart so I can easily breeze through this port nowadays. I know i'm pipe-dreaming but I would really love for hackers to start hacking this port and making their own levels. A specific editor for this port would have to be made in order for this to happen.

PS: I never want to lose that Lemming feeling.

Offline Ste Woz Ere

• Lemmings 2 fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 24, 2024, 10:47:31 PM »
Amiga version for me, at my cousin's house in 1991 followed later by my friend's house (where many a competitive 2-player game went on). But in both cases it was the budget version - I didn't even know about the Beast levels etc. until I got hold of the DOS version a few years later. (and despite the music, I was disappointed...as they were all pushovers compared to the budget replacement levels). Also had the Speccy version, which did have it's upsides. (the lock-on to a lemming feature and hard mode versions of some Fun/Tricky levels that weren't in the Amiga version)

That was one reason I was happy when I found this forum, as I was able to bring back the budget levels and play them again in their proper slots.
Tribes of Steel - a whole new Lemmings 2 game! (120-level pack)
Currently a WIP - all tribes are complete, testing and feedback is welcome!

Offline grams88

• Just one more thing.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 28, 2024, 01:01:40 PM »
Hi Ste Woz Ere, Hi everyone

I like your name, it has a got a lemmings feeling to it as remember the two player level graffiti has a reference such as Gary was here or steve was here or something like that.  One of my missions in my lemmings life is to get people playing the old two player lemmings again.  I wrote a guide for the two player levels on gamefaq and if I get really lucky I could do an interview with someone very close to the original game, I have many questions in relation to the old two player lemmings if I get lucky.  There was the youtube video featuring Mike Dailly talking and mainly focusing a lot on thr two player side of lemmings.  Simon's Lix was also featured in the youtube video. :)