Sugar Honey Ice Tea - GigaLem
2 (25%)
Victory is Inevitable! - IchoTolot
2 (25%)
Slaughterhouse - mobius
2 (25%)

Total Members Voted: 8

Voting closed: January 12, 2017, 02:14:06 PM

Author Topic: Autumn 2016 LD Contest [VOTING]  (Read 22409 times)

Offline bulletride

• View Profile
Re: Autumn 2016 LD Contest [Discussion]
« Reply #45 on: December 05, 2016, 08:12:18 PM »
What A Bonnie Wee Level! v2
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Doubly-hard-for-flopsy v3

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #46 on: December 05, 2016, 11:22:29 PM »
Not exactly the intended solution, but I would consider this an acceptable alternative. :)

Here's the intended solution.
My Lemmings projects
2D Lemmings: NeoLemmix (engine) | Lemmings Plus Series (level packs) | Doomsday Lemmings (level pack)
3D Lemmings: Loap (engine) | L3DEdit (level / graphics editor) | L3DUtils (replay / etc utility) | Lemmings Plus 3D (level pack)

Offline Flopsy

• Global Moderator
  • Lix Nerd
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: December 05, 2016, 11:40:43 PM »
Fixed Bonnie Wee Level once again, hopefully for the last time now :XD:

Offline zanzindorf

• View Profile
    • Zanzindorf.com
« Reply #48 on: December 06, 2016, 11:47:00 PM »
Played some of the updated levels

Great Scott! V2 - Colorful Arty

Slaughterhouse V2 - Mobius

The Doubly-Hard-For-Flopsy Level V3 - Namida

Offline mobius

• relax.
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: December 08, 2016, 02:20:49 AM »
we have a another contest submission! from Dullstar; you need the attached (genesis dirt) style to play it. I will add it to and update the levelpack when I have time (which is not at the moment I'm afraid).
everything by me: https://www.lemmingsforums.net/index.php?topic=5982.msg96035#msg96035

"Not knowing how near the truth is, we seek it far away."
-Hakuin Ekaku

"I have seen a heap of trouble in my life, and most of it has never come to pass" - Mark Twain

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #50 on: December 08, 2016, 03:05:22 AM »
The Doubly-Hard-For-Flopsy Level V3 - Namida

That's a pretty major backroute.
My Lemmings projects
2D Lemmings: NeoLemmix (engine) | Lemmings Plus Series (level packs) | Doomsday Lemmings (level pack)
3D Lemmings: Loap (engine) | L3DEdit (level / graphics editor) | L3DUtils (replay / etc utility) | Lemmings Plus 3D (level pack)

Offline zanzindorf

• View Profile
    • Zanzindorf.com
« Reply #51 on: December 09, 2016, 04:43:02 AM »
Woo! Played "Great Scott! V3" and "The Doubly-Hard-For-Flopsy Level V4". Fairly confidant my solutions are not backroutes, these solutions feel pretty intentional. Hopefully that's the case. Both are really fun levels :laugh:

Also, I played Muddy Stairs by Dullstar!

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #52 on: December 09, 2016, 05:56:18 AM »
Your solution is definitely close enough to the intended one. :) I could probably block this if I want, but unless more major backroutes that'd also be blocked by the fix come up, I don't think it's nessecary.

Spoilery comments (click to show/hide)
My Lemmings projects

Offline mobius

• relax.
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: December 13, 2016, 12:39:12 AM »
since it seems like participation is dying down, should we close the playing/updating phase soon? I propose a week from now, closing sometime from Friday-Monday. [maybe sooner if people wish but I think Friday sounds early enough]

When it does; (or before it does) make sure the latest version of your level you've uploaded is one your happy with; people will be voting based on that.
everything by me: https://www.lemmingsforums.net/index.php?topic=5982.msg96035#msg96035

"Not knowing how near the truth is, we seek it far away."
-Hakuin Ekaku

"I have seen a heap of trouble in my life, and most of it has never come to pass" - Mark Twain

Offline Dullstar

• View Profile
    • Leafwing Studios Website (EXTREMELY OUTDATED)
« Reply #54 on: December 13, 2016, 12:55:50 AM »
@zanzindorf

Just had a chance to watch the replay. While not identical to the intended solution, it's close enough - you distributed the skills a little differently, but you still performed all the key elements of the correct solution. I could probably remove it by being a little stricter with the skillset, but there's probably not much value in that. I've attached a replay of the intended solution.

I'm honestly not sure if there's anyway to backroute this level that wouldn't at least operate on the same principles as the intended solution. Of course, now that I say that I'm sure someone will find a way :P.

Offline Colorful Arty

• You are so loved!
    • View Profile
    • Colorful Arty's Youtube Page
« Reply #55 on: December 13, 2016, 04:35:53 AM »
Finally got around to seeing zanzindorf's replay for GREAT SCOTT V3. Nicely done! That was NOT what I intended, but it was definitely clever enough to allow as a solution. :thumbsup:
My Youtube channel where I let's play games with family-friendly commentary:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCiRPZ5j87ft_clSRLFCESQA

My Twitch channel: https://www.twitch.tv/colorfularty

My levelpack: SubLems
For New formats NeoLemmix: https://www.lemmingsforums.net/index.php?topic=4942.0
For Old formats NeoLemmix: http://www.lemmingsforums.net/index.php?topic=2787.0
For SuperLemmini: http://www.lemmingsforums.net/index.php?topic=2704.0

My levelpack: ArtLems
For New formats NeoLemmix: https://www.lemmingsforums.net/index.php?topic=4583.0

Offline IchoTolot

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: December 13, 2016, 07:25:30 AM »
since it seems like participation is dying down, should we close the playing/updating phase soon? I propose a week from now, closing sometime from Friday-Monday. [maybe sooner if people wish but I think Friday sounds early enough]

When it does; (or before it does) make sure the latest version of your level you've uploaded is one your happy with; people will be voting based on that.

Well I wanted to replay+record the updated levels this weekend. So I would like it to remain open for at least that time and I also think some people are still trying their luck on solving the levels. There is no need to rush here!

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #57 on: December 13, 2016, 11:01:18 AM »
Here's my replays for the updated / newly added levels up to where I was previously up to.

Colorful Arty's "Great Scott!" (click to show/hide)

Dullstar's "Muddy Staris" (click to show/hide)

I didn't play Flopsy's updated level, firstly because it was unclear whether my solution was actually a backroute or not, and more importantly because the latest update hasn't been included in the NXP yet. If it hasn't been by the time I complete the remaining levels, I'll play it as a single level.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2016, 04:59:57 PM by namida »
My Lemmings projects

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #58 on: December 13, 2016, 11:13:49 AM »
The rest of Rule 2.

mobius's "Slaughterhouse" (click to show/hide)

rtw's "I Get Around" (click to show/hide)
My Lemmings projects

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #59 on: December 13, 2016, 11:47:14 AM »
And finally, rule 3.

mobius's "It's Turbo Time" (click to show/hide)

My Lemmings projects