Author Topic: Glacier Tile Set by Zanzindorf  (Read 16113 times)

Offline zanzindorf

• View Profile
    • Zanzindorf.com
Re: Glacier Tile Set by Zanzindorf
« Reply #15 on: September 06, 2016, 11:51:40 PM »
I just added the NeoLemmix version in the original post. I think I'll worry about the background color when the experimental features come to the full release. For now, it can just be black. Also, I mistakenly labeled terrain number 49 as steel, which is wrong. It's fixed now in v1.1.

Offline Wafflem

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 17, 2016, 04:45:51 AM »
This is an EXCELLENT tileset! :thumbsup:

How did you manage to draw all those?

However, with the new NeoLemmix v1.47 update, the trigger area of the exit has gone off by a lot of pixels (as seen in the picture below), and the lemmings are no longer able to exit. You may need to fix up the trigger areas of all the objects.

Also, you should change the sound of the freeze trap as it is playing the same sound as the wheel trap from the Brick set (in NeoLemmix, not sure if it sounds different in SuperLemmini).
YouTube: www.tinyurl.com/YTWafflem
Twitch: www.twitch.tv/Wafflem467

Have level designer's block right now? Have some of my incomplete levels for LOTS of ideas!

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #17 on: September 17, 2016, 05:54:08 AM »
However, with the new NeoLemmix v1.47 update, the trigger area of the exit has gone off by a lot of pixels (as seen in the picture below), and the lemmings are no longer able to exit. You may need to fix up the trigger areas of all the objects.

Just to be sure - did you check this in-game? (Since that screenshot seems to be from the editor.)

The editor, especially the experimental version, isn't always 100% reliable when it comes to this. You can see the actual area, rather than just relying on trial-and-error, by using Clear Physics Mode in V1.47n-B or V1.47n-C.
My Lemmings projects
2D Lemmings: NeoLemmix (engine) | Lemmings Plus Series (level packs) | Doomsday Lemmings (level pack)
3D Lemmings: Loap (engine) | L3DEdit (level / graphics editor) | L3DUtils (replay / etc utility) | Lemmings Plus 3D (level pack)

Offline Wafflem

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 17, 2016, 06:02:44 AM »
Yep, I checked it in game, the lemming walks past the exit, and the trigger area is off.

Even when opening it straight from the NeoLemmix.EXE, the problem still occurs.
YouTube: www.tinyurl.com/YTWafflem
Twitch: www.twitch.tv/Wafflem467

Have level designer's block right now? Have some of my incomplete levels for LOTS of ideas!

Offline mobius

• relax.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 21, 2016, 09:31:56 PM »
Do you have any plans on extracting/working on your contest style to make it a ordinary style with mutiple pieces (instead of being in one bitmap piece)? I also really like that style and would like to use it.

Do you have any problems if I do this myself? Note: I would consider it if you're not but I'm not planning to, this would be a decent amount of work.
everything by me: https://www.lemmingsforums.net/index.php?topic=5982.msg96035#msg96035

"Not knowing how near the truth is, we seek it far away."
-Hakuin Ekaku

"I have seen a heap of trouble in my life, and most of it has never come to pass" - Mark Twain

Offline zanzindorf

• View Profile
    • Zanzindorf.com
« Reply #20 on: September 26, 2016, 01:49:37 PM »
Mobius, I think that's a good idea. I was planning on making another tileset, but didn't know what to do, I think I'll do this. That contest set is based on a game I've been making, and there's a lot more graphics from the game that I could add to the lemmings tileset which aren't in the contest level.

About the exit trigger and the sounds, I'll get to work on that. I've been preoccupied with another project.

Offline zanzindorf

• View Profile
    • Zanzindorf.com
« Reply #21 on: September 26, 2016, 02:06:40 PM »
Fixed the exit issue in version 1.2. The download link's been updated in the main post.

About the sound issue, I'm not sure how to fix this. ???

In the GS Tool, the freeze trap is set to play the fire trap noise, which I think is the one I want. That should be the same sound as the fire pit on the fire levels, right? Although, when I play the level, it sounds like a crank, kinda like the wheel from the brick levels as Wafflem said.

Offline zanzindorf

• View Profile
    • Zanzindorf.com
« Reply #22 on: September 08, 2017, 09:32:52 PM »
Version 1.3

Just posted a link to Nepster's conversion of my set to the new NeoLemmix graphics format. Thanks Nepster!

Offline zanzindorf

• View Profile
    • Zanzindorf.com
« Reply #23 on: October 17, 2021, 05:35:49 PM »

Update: Version 1.4 - For NeoLemmix V12.12.1 and up

Changes:

* All changes should not effect existing levels.
* Removed compression artifacting from exit animation.
* Refined water (blue fire) animation, fixing a downscaling error.
* Refined trap animation (Same trigger, same frame count, see attachment).
* Added locked exit.
* Added buttons.
* Added 1 background (See attachment).

:thumbsup: Download in top post, (But use the style manager when it's updated). :thumbsup: