Author Topic: MazuLems for NeoLemmix!  (Read 13579 times)

Offline Flopsy

• Global Moderator
  • Lix Nerd
    • View Profile
Re: MazuLems for NeoLemmix!
« Reply #15 on: May 16, 2016, 09:30:48 PM »
I was wondering about that invisible terrain when I played through Mazulems, really caught me off guard as I genuinely did not know it was there!

I really think it should be visible as well because that level was memorable for being annoying :lem-mindblown:

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #16 on: May 18, 2016, 12:19:48 AM »
If you make it visible, the level is now extremely easy. The whole point of that level is to figure out that invisible terrain exists (which will most likely happen by accident eventually), then work out where it is (the visible terrain gives hints to this). Old levels aren't always going to comply with new guidelines, and at any rate this level is definitely a case of "ignore the guideline because it would interfere with the point of the level"; I vote no change on this one.
My Lemmings projects
2D Lemmings: NeoLemmix (engine) | Lemmings Plus Series (level packs) | Doomsday Lemmings (level pack)
3D Lemmings: Loap (engine) | L3DEdit (level / graphics editor) | L3DUtils (replay / etc utility) | Lemmings Plus 3D (level pack)

Offline Simon

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Lix
« Reply #17 on: May 18, 2016, 12:34:04 AM »

The crystal set needs a dark turquoise instead of black. That fixes all the problems at once.

An easy level is better than an annoying level.

-- Simon

Offline grams88

• Just one more thing.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 19, 2016, 02:32:51 PM »
Is it that level. (A leap from the lions head) or something to that nature. I really liked that level even though it did take me sometime to finish it as I knew I never had enough builders so I was thinking there must be a hidden trick so to say.

I would keep it as it is as I think it makes a very good puzzle. :)

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #19 on: May 22, 2016, 10:49:00 AM »
In regards to "It's A Magical World" - I'd especially like to point out that in Flopsy's video of MazuLems, he doesn't try anything remotely simialr to the solution that doesn't work in NeoLemmix; he instead goes for a solution that absolutely would work. Since the possible solutions seem to be more prominent anyway, and there are more than one of them - most, if not all, of which also work in Lemmix - once again I strongly suggest including this level. If nothing else, for completeness's sake.
My Lemmings projects
2D Lemmings: NeoLemmix (engine) | Lemmings Plus Series (level packs) | Doomsday Lemmings (level pack)
3D Lemmings: Loap (engine) | L3DEdit (level / graphics editor) | L3DUtils (replay / etc utility) | Lemmings Plus 3D (level pack)

Offline Wafflem

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 27, 2016, 03:44:28 PM »
Got a question: with the move to colored backgrounds by graphic set, how will this then impact Level 15 "The Leap from the Lions Head"? The black terrain will now be visible and thus ruin the point of the level.
YouTube: www.tinyurl.com/YTWafflem
Twitch: www.twitch.tv/Wafflem467

Have level designer's block right now? Have some of my incomplete levels for LOTS of ideas!

Offline IchoTolot

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 27, 2016, 04:26:55 PM »
Got a question: with the move to colored backgrounds by graphic set, how will this then impact Level 15 "The Leap from the Lions Head"? The black terrain will now be visible and thus ruin the point of the level.

----> change the skillset + maybe some terrain pieces and make a different level out of it. I did it the same way with some PimoLems levels ,like the one with the destroyable steel and the result turned out to be alright.

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #22 on: June 08, 2016, 01:39:46 AM »
I've made an update which includes the previously-removed Level 16, removes most time limits, includes the removed levels 14 & 15 from early versions of MazuLems (in a seperate "Extras" rank), and touches up a few other minor details. :)

http://www.neolemmix.com/old/neolemmix/MazuLems.nxp
My Lemmings projects

Offline mobius

• relax.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 27, 2016, 03:51:50 AM »
I was just watching Indiana Jones, heard the "Leap from the Lions Head" mentioned and realized the reference for the first time. :D Never occurred to me before, I don't think I've actually heard this phrase before hearing it in this pack or from the movie.

So Dodochacalo was not the first to make a level referencing an Indiana Jones movie, in particular that scene. So a level based off the last two trials have been made; A level must be made based on the first trial. A "repentant man shall pass" :D I'd call dibs but my level creation lately has been almost zero.
everything by me: https://www.lemmingsforums.net/index.php?topic=5982.msg96035#msg96035

"Not knowing how near the truth is, we seek it far away."
-Hakuin Ekaku

"I have seen a heap of trouble in my life, and most of it has never come to pass" - Mark Twain