Author Topic: Lemmings Plus V - Development Topic  (Read 22371 times)

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
Re: Lemmings Plus V - Development Topic (Demo Released!)
« Reply #15 on: February 13, 2016, 04:24:35 PM »
Touchy 2 has some questionable routes - I'm undecided as to whether or not I'll fix them.
Unruly 1 has some beyond-any-doubt backroutes.

I'll wait a little bit longer to see what else people come up with, and release an updated demo that fixes these backroutes.
My Lemmings projects
2D Lemmings: NeoLemmix (engine) | Lemmings Plus Series (level packs) | Doomsday Lemmings (level pack)
3D Lemmings: Loap (engine) | L3DEdit (level / graphics editor) | L3DUtils (replay / etc utility) | Lemmings Plus 3D (level pack)

Offline Ron_Stard

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 14, 2016, 11:01:41 AM »
Lovely music from SMS Sonic I! :thumbsup:

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #17 on: February 17, 2016, 07:00:41 PM »
I've uploaded an updated version of the demo.

It (hopefully) fixes the backroutes to Unruly 1. I didn't change anything for Touchy 2.

It also fixes an issue with the one-way-right arrows in the Abstract set.
My Lemmings projects
2D Lemmings: NeoLemmix (engine) | Lemmings Plus Series (level packs) | Doomsday Lemmings (level pack)
3D Lemmings: Loap (engine) | L3DEdit (level / graphics editor) | L3DUtils (replay / etc utility) | Lemmings Plus 3D (level pack)

Offline Flopsy

• Global Moderator
  • Lix Nerd
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 18, 2016, 04:40:03 PM »
Well I've had a playthrough of the levels aswell, I haven't been able to solve The Working Bee and The Forgotten Beauty yet.

I think all the levels are very well made though, I particularly liked The Colony Drop and Can't Go Over It. I felt pretty good about myself when I finally figured them out, Can't Go Over It had an amazing solution.
I think I did all the solutions the intended way anyway as I had nothing left over afterwards except for the early levels of course!

You've done a great job on these levels namida, unfortunately I'm not as great as others on here at finding backroutes :sick:

Offline 607

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 19, 2016, 08:20:29 PM »
Aah, I really love this, and it really makes me itching to get back into Lemmings!
But there's so much I want to get back into, but... school... :(
Anyway, I will try to at least get my files from my old disk to my new one (I got a completely upgraded setup, sans keyboard, because I love my old one, having used it all my life), and perhaps I'll get going on original Lemmings or Lemmings Plus again, and I might make some more levels, we'll see! :) (after making sure my old ones are still solvable, of course, as there seem to have been some updates in my absence from Lemmings)

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #20 on: February 20, 2016, 02:27:15 AM »
Well I've had a playthrough of the levels aswell, I haven't been able to solve The Working Bee and The Forgotten Beauty yet.

The Working Bee is a bit tricky, but if you've solved my earlier packs, most of the tricks used are ones you've seen before. :)

As for The Forgotten Beauty, it is a very hard level (at least if it's backroute-free now). I couldn't decide whether it should go into the 4th or 5th rank; I currently have it placed very close to the end of the 4th, but I might move it into the 5th.
My Lemmings projects

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #21 on: February 20, 2016, 06:15:16 AM »
So, time to reveal the 3rd graphic set!

Mineshaft! :)

At this point, I'm also leaning towards only having 4 graphic sets again, but nothing's for sure yet. :)
My Lemmings projects

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #22 on: March 07, 2016, 12:40:04 PM »
Progress has been a bit slow lately - between putting a lot of work into NeoLemmix itself, and non-lemmings-related IRL stuff - but it's still coming along. Made a couple of new levels over the last few days. :)

Also received via PM another solution to Unruly 1 from the demo. This wasn't the intended solution, but I'm undecided at this stage whether I'm going to block off that solution or not - I do very much like it.
My Lemmings projects

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #23 on: March 21, 2016, 06:52:54 AM »
So, it's still coming along quite slowly (due to a combination of IRL stuff, putting more effort into NeoLemmix itself, and a lack of ideas lately), but as of just now, I've hit the one-third-of-the-way mark for levels! (And still haven't even started, or chosen, a 4th graphic set... mind you, I think LPII was about half done before I made the Desert set).

Here's the level that hit that mark. I've currently got it placed at Unruly 4, but I'm not entirely sure if I might move it to late-Edgy instead.

"A Waiting Game"
Save 15 of 15, Release Rate 99, No Time Limit
6 Builders, 3 Bashers
My Lemmings projects

Offline Wafflem

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 21, 2016, 04:10:58 PM »
Ooh, that's a really nice-looking large level! :thumbsup: Nice to see another Honeycomb level, though you haven't done a lot of level previews on Mineshaft yet (you've only showed one).

What are those red walls on top of the trapdoor? Are they supposed to be fire objects, or just regular terrain?
YouTube: www.tinyurl.com/YTWafflem
Twitch: www.twitch.tv/Wafflem467

Have level designer's block right now? Have some of my incomplete levels for LOTS of ideas!

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #25 on: March 21, 2016, 06:57:28 PM »
What are those red walls on top of the trapdoor? Are they supposed to be fire objects, or just regular terrain?

Regular terrain. It's meant to be a wooden frame with honey in it; but it's kind of hard to tell when it's that small.
My Lemmings projects

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #26 on: April 12, 2016, 01:06:20 PM »
Just finished the first new level in a while! Well, to be precise, I mostly made the level a week or so ago, but didn't finish testing it etc until today.
My Lemmings projects

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
Re: Lemmings Plus V - Development Topic
« Reply #27 on: June 08, 2016, 12:06:28 AM »
I know progress has been extremely slow (especially by my standards), but I assure you, Lemmings Plus V is not abandoned! :) In fact, we're technically half way on the level count now - I say that as half of 75 is 37.5, and I have 37 complete levels plus one somewhere-near-half-complete work in progress level that I'm a bit unsure on how I want to continue with. :P I've also done some more work on the 4th graphic set lately.

It's also looking like, difficutly-wise, this may end up being another LPIII rather than another LPII / Omega, so be ready... ;)
My Lemmings projects

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #28 on: June 08, 2016, 05:45:26 PM »
Well, we're now well and truly past half way. Here's the level map that brought us past this point.

As you may have guessed, this is LPV's 20-of-everything-except-builders level. :)
« Last Edit: June 15, 2016, 10:09:00 PM by namida »
My Lemmings projects

Offline Flopsy

• Global Moderator
  • Lix Nerd
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 21, 2016, 08:37:43 AM »
Finally solved Working Bee and The Forgotten Beauty. :thumbsup: (namida did give me a hint to Working Bee)

I think Working Bee was by far the hardest level in that demo for me personally.

I swear The Forgotten Beauty is a backroute because it didn't look intended eventhough I used all the skills.