Author Topic: [SUGGESTION][EDITOR][FIXED] Adjust Default window placement for certain windows  (Read 2872 times)

Offline Apjjm

• View Profile
Status: Fixed for the next update. For those who want a fix ASAP, the latest experimental version should be stable enough for general use, and contains the fix for this.

Some window elements (most notably the terrain selection window & the shift level window) use the centre of the screen as their default placement, rather than the centre of the editor window / relative positioning with respect to the editor window. As a result, on a 2-monitor setup these windows always appear straddling the two screens, and you have to move them every time before trying to use them.

Below is a list of windows that have this behaviour:
File->New Level
Edit->Insert Terrain
Edit->Insert Object
Edit->Shift Level
Tools->Validate Level
Tools->Dat File Decompression
« Last Edit: February 14, 2016, 03:59:10 PM by namida »
My Level Packs: Quartet

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
Re: [SUGGESTION][EDITOR] Adjust Default window placement for certain windows
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2016, 04:20:04 AM »
Thanks for letting me know. Although I do have two screens, I rarely use them as a two-monitor setup (rather, the external one is attached to a different device) so hadn't noticed this. I'll look into it next time I'm working on the editor.
My Lemmings projects
2D Lemmings: NeoLemmix (engine) | Lemmings Plus Series (level packs) | Doomsday Lemmings (level pack)
3D Lemmings: Loap (engine) | L3DEdit (level / graphics editor) | L3DUtils (replay / etc utility) | Lemmings Plus 3D (level pack)

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2016, 01:55:13 PM »
Finally got around to looking at this. I changed it in the form's specifications, but it didn't seem to affect most of them (it fixed it for a few, such as the DAT File Decompressor). This leads me to believe there must be something in the actual code itself that positions these, so I'll try and find that.
My Lemmings projects
2D Lemmings: NeoLemmix (engine) | Lemmings Plus Series (level packs) | Doomsday Lemmings (level pack)
3D Lemmings: Loap (engine) | L3DEdit (level / graphics editor) | L3DUtils (replay / etc utility) | Lemmings Plus 3D (level pack)

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2016, 02:15:49 PM »
I think I've got this fixed now. Could you try out the latest experimental version (see this topic: http://www.lemmingsforums.net/index.php?topic=2390.0 ) and let me know if you have any issues?
My Lemmings projects

Offline Apjjm

• View Profile
Looks like the experimental version has fixed the issue :thumbsup:
My Level Packs: Quartet

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
Awesome. :)

That experimental version is probably stable enough to use until an official update comes out, so feel free to continue using it rather than the latest (V1.40n) stable version until there's an update.
My Lemmings projects