Author Topic: [SUGGESTION] [PLAYER] [ADDED] Bring back "Whiting Out" when out of skills?  (Read 2683 times)

Offline Wafflem

• View Profile
« Last Edit: January 25, 2016, 04:29:21 AM by namida »
YouTube: www.tinyurl.com/YTWafflem
Twitch: www.twitch.tv/Wafflem467

Have level designer's block right now? Have some of my incomplete levels for LOTS of ideas!

Offline Wafflem

• View Profile
This was suggested by möbius from way long back.

Should we bring this feature back? This is so people can better tell if they ran out of skills or not. It can be a configuration option.
YouTube: www.tinyurl.com/YTWafflem
Twitch: www.twitch.tv/Wafflem467

Have level designer's block right now? Have some of my incomplete levels for LOTS of ideas!

Online Proxima

• View Profile
please holy Suwako yes

Offline IchoTolot

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
hmm...  to take into acc here, is that it needs to turn back, if pickups are included in the level. In a lot of level with pickup skills you can have 0 skills at all and after some time pick up new skills.

Offline Simon

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Lix
Whiting out is better than putting 0, or even worse, 00.

You put a zero on a quantity if it's very unusual that this quantity is zero. Skills don't qualify for this.

If it's common to have nothing of X, you remove X from the visual listing, to declutter the listing. You may leave an empty space in place of X, because people are used to search for X in a certain place. Digits attract attention, but an empty skill should not attract attention. Instead, the only skills remaining need attention.

The possibility of picking up skills doesn't affect this. You can go back from whited-out to showing nonzero. Whiting it out is good.

-- Simon

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
Seems there's a lot of demand for this, so I'll add it to my todo list.
My Lemmings projects
2D Lemmings: NeoLemmix (engine) | Lemmings Plus Series (level packs) | Doomsday Lemmings (level pack)
3D Lemmings: Loap (engine) | L3DEdit (level / graphics editor) | L3DUtils (replay / etc utility) | Lemmings Plus 3D (level pack)

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
Implemented, will be included in the next update. :)
My Lemmings projects
2D Lemmings: NeoLemmix (engine) | Lemmings Plus Series (level packs) | Doomsday Lemmings (level pack)
3D Lemmings: Loap (engine) | L3DEdit (level / graphics editor) | L3DUtils (replay / etc utility) | Lemmings Plus 3D (level pack)