Author Topic: [OLD] Player Bugs / Suggestions  (Read 122179 times)

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
Re: Player Bugs / Suggestions
« Reply #165 on: May 12, 2015, 05:23:22 AM »
Yes, they've been added for a long time. They're options when making custom graphic sets - though the random start frame, I should probably go through and apply it to some objects in the default ones too... (eg: exit decorations, flags)
My Lemmings projects
2D Lemmings: NeoLemmix (engine) | Lemmings Plus Series (level packs) | Doomsday Lemmings (level pack)
3D Lemmings: Loap (engine) | L3DEdit (level / graphics editor) | L3DUtils (replay / etc utility) | Lemmings Plus 3D (level pack)

Offline mobius

• relax.
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: May 12, 2015, 11:29:16 PM »
Yes, they've been added for a long time. They're options when making custom graphic sets - though the random start frame, I should probably go through and apply it to some objects in the default ones too... (eg: exit decorations, flags)

ohhhh. I was hoping that'd be an option in the editor to effect each object individually.
everything by me: https://www.lemmingsforums.net/index.php?topic=5982.msg96035#msg96035

"Not knowing how near the truth is, we seek it far away."
-Hakuin Ekaku

"I have seen a heap of trouble in my life, and most of it has never come to pass" - Mark Twain

Offline mobius

• relax.
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: May 18, 2015, 08:53:53 PM »
is there an option to have the skill bar turn white when at zero like in old Lemmings? I kind of like that better (it's easier to see for one thing) than the 00.
everything by me: https://www.lemmingsforums.net/index.php?topic=5982.msg96035#msg96035

"Not knowing how near the truth is, we seek it far away."
-Hakuin Ekaku

"I have seen a heap of trouble in my life, and most of it has never come to pass" - Mark Twain

Offline GigaLem

• The Dog That Brought Lemmings to Avalice
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: May 18, 2015, 09:00:56 PM »
is there an option to have the skill bar turn white when at zero like in old Lemmings? I kind of like that better (it's easier to see for one thing) than the 00.
That can give me the option to turn the white spaces to say "OUT" when a skill # reaches 0

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #169 on: May 19, 2015, 05:16:36 AM »

Currently, no. At one point, whited-out actually meant "infinite", but later an actual symbol for infinite was added. Perhaps the whited-out for zero can be readded now...
My Lemmings projects
2D Lemmings: NeoLemmix (engine) | Lemmings Plus Series (level packs) | Doomsday Lemmings (level pack)
3D Lemmings: Loap (engine) | L3DEdit (level / graphics editor) | L3DUtils (replay / etc utility) | Lemmings Plus 3D (level pack)

Offline Wafflem

• View Profile
« Reply #170 on: June 09, 2015, 03:39:24 PM »
Lemmings Plus I has an error, which says "Bestand 'g_.dat' staat niet in archief." Also, when i get to Wimpy 1, it says the title but gives me a blank level map, and 0 lemmings with 0% to be saved. I've downloaded LPI from the NeoLemmix website. The other LP players seem to work fine (including Lemmings Plus Flashbacks).

I am not sure if this also affects the official Lemmings games.
YouTube: www.tinyurl.com/YTWafflem
Twitch: www.twitch.tv/Wafflem467

Have level designer's block right now? Have some of my incomplete levels for LOTS of ideas!

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #171 on: June 10, 2015, 04:05:49 AM »
Seems to be an issue with oddtabling that's crept in somewhere. If so, it'd most likely also occur with Orig, Extra and LPOmega, but not any others. I'll look into this later today. I can definitely confirm it only occurs on levels that use oddtabling (eg: Mild 1 and Wimpy 1 have issues, while Medi 1, Danger 1 and Psycho 1 are all fine. Medi 2, on the other hand, also has the same issue. I didn't test too extensively, but if my guess is correct, then you wouldn't see it on, say, Mild 19.)
« Last Edit: June 10, 2015, 04:13:46 AM by namida »
My Lemmings projects

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #172 on: June 10, 2015, 05:29:45 AM »
Okay, I've looked into it a bit more. I can see exactly what is happening, but I'm currently clueless as to why. At any rate though, the oddtabling code is horribly messy and needs a rewrite, so I may as well get that out of the way now rather than trying to fix something that's due to be replaced anyway. (It actually currently works by loading a level over the top of an already-loaded level, and skipping certain parts depending on how an extra argument is set - I'm replacing it with code that loads the two seperately, then copies the needed data over from the source level.)

In all honesty pretty much everything except the game mechanics themself (maybe even some parts of those) really need to be re-done at some point, so I might even redo the entire level loading code while I'm here, to get it out of the way. Though I was hoping to do all the major stuff in a single update too, once we have a fairly stable current version that'll hold up while that's being done.

EDIT: I found where the issue in the existing code was, so I'll keep the rewrite on hold for now. Gonna upload a fix now...
« Last Edit: June 10, 2015, 08:42:08 AM by namida »
My Lemmings projects

Offline Wafflem

• View Profile
« Reply #173 on: June 10, 2015, 02:57:55 PM »
Should all games that were designed using the Flexi player be part of the NeoLemmix update stream (e.g. GigaLems)?

Have level designer's block right now? Have some of my incomplete levels for LOTS of ideas!

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #174 on: June 10, 2015, 03:29:44 PM »
At the moment, GigaLems is the *only* such game (cLemmings Ultimate Edition was also made using Flexi, but it was made using the traditional version). If GigaLem requests, I can update it to the new version, but so far he hasn't asked for it to be updated so I haven't done so. Even if I were to update it, I probably wouldn't make it part of the update stream.

Besides, if I follow the current plans (for V1.35n to be the last in the V1.xxn series, and V2.00n to work on a one-EXE system), then apart from a V1.35n update, there'll be no further need for such anyway. At the moment, the only fanmade game to be part of the update stream is Copycat Lemmings, and that's because due to the need for constantly updating it (prior to release) during development of Cheapo-to-NeoLemmix tools it was much simpler to create a made-from-source version than use the Flexi player; all I have to do to update those to a new version is recompile them (and if any data files are updated, rebuild the compiled data file - this is for me basically the same as building the RES file during making a Flexi-based pack, but no need to do the Resource Hacker part afterwards; it gets built into the EXE while compiling - so this is basically a one-click thing. There's also no need for a SYSTEM.DAT file in these cases.). It didn't make much sense to delete that and change it into a Flexi-based EXE afterwards.
My Lemmings projects

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #175 on: June 11, 2015, 09:31:45 AM »
Two new bugs I found while adding / testing talismans for Lemmings Plus Omega:

- There's a glitch similar to the remaining-blocker-field, though less severe and requires a very specific setup. If you place a blocker, then place another blocker behind him facing the same direction, so that there's only one pixel between their hands, then release the blocker in front first, when you release the one behind, one pixel of blocker turning area will remain.
- Talismans based on "assign skills to only one lemming" will not be awarded if any cloners are used.

Also, one LONG-overdue fix that I'd been completely neglecting to even list - from the next version, it'll finally be possible for multiple sound effects to be triggered during the same frame (previously, only one of them would play). This was also the reason why no skill assign sound occurred when assigning a bomber or stoner - previously, the assign sound was explicitly suppressed so that the OhNo sound would play, because this bug would otherwise cause the OhNo sound not to play.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2015, 04:12:45 PM by namida »
My Lemmings projects

Offline Wafflem

• View Profile
« Reply #176 on: June 17, 2015, 04:09:54 PM »
Some new bugs:

CustLemmixNeo: This has to do with the Unused Gimmicks Pack. If I play the RR Fluctuation level before playing another level in the pack, the level's gimmick combines with the RR Fluctuation (e.g. if I play the RR Fluctuation level, then play the Solid Floor level, that level becomes Solid Floor + RR Fluctuation).

Another glitch in LPO: the exit trigger area seems to be off in the Martian graphic set, as the exit trigger area seems to not be in the center; I've attached an image.

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #177 on: June 19, 2015, 01:31:10 PM »
I'll look into that bug. I thought I weeded out everywhere that can happen, but obviously not.

As for the trigger area, I noticed that myself. I think the Circuit set has a similar issue too, IIRC, though it's not as noticable due to the large exit area.
My Lemmings projects

Offline Wafflem

• View Profile
« Reply #178 on: June 20, 2015, 10:42:57 AM »
With Zombies on Death, when using a Stoner on a lemming and the lemming turns into stone, a zombie still emerges. Is this intentional behavior?

Some things for Instant Pickup Skills:
-It seems that even if a Climber picks up a Climber skill, it doesn't get added to the skillset.
-Clone on Assign + Instant Pickup Skills, even if a lemming picks up a skill and performs the skill, they do not clone. Since the lemming is already assigned the skill upon picking it up, shouldn't they be cloned as well? A similar issue happens with Turnaround on Assign + Instant Pickup Skills and Assign All + Instant Pickup Skills.
-If the Pickup Skill is a Bomber/Stoner and the lemming picks it up, you can see a "1" on the top of the lemming. I don't think this is intended, seeing as that if you normally assign a Bomber/Stoner, the lemming explodes/stones instantly without the "1" on top.
-If a lemming picks up a skill and that skill is also in the skillset, in addition to the lemming performing the skill, that skill is also selected (e.g. if a lemming picks up a blocker, the skillset automatically highlights blocker as if you have clicked on it). This only happens when you use a replay on a level.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2015, 11:20:39 AM by DynaLem »

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #179 on: June 20, 2015, 01:09:40 PM »
The Zombie-on-Death + Stoner thing is intentional. Ways of dying are not discriminated here, as long as you're not meaning "if it's already a zombie, then passes through a slowfreeze, then gets stoned, a second zombie emerges". It even applies to traps that, graphically, would reduce the lemming to nothingness (and applying it with triggered traps was the most difficult in terms of coding).

Will look into the others.

EDIT:
> Climber bug - This actually applies to all skills! Oops. That's what happens when I don't test thoroughly enough. Fixed for -B update. :)
> Instant Pickup Skills + X on assign gimmicks: That's debatable, you could argue that since the player isn't directly assigning the skill, it shouldn't happen. What's happening from a technical point of view is that, these "X on assign" effects don't happen while the skill counts are frozen, and they're frozen while the lemming is given the just-picked-up skill (to avoid the skillset being reduced, or the skill refusing to function if it's not in the level's skillset). So in a way, yes, it's a bug, but it's also one that perhaps the outcome is how things should work anyway.
> Instant Pickup Skills + bomber/stoner: Fixed. Also fixed the one-frame delay before they actually explode/stone.
> Instant Pickup Skills + replay: As long as this doesn't cause any other glitches, I'm not worried about this one.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2015, 11:26:47 PM by namida »
My Lemmings projects