Author Topic: Skillbar info  (Read 9044 times)

Offline Proxima

• View Profile
Re: Skillbar info
« Reply #15 on: January 11, 2016, 09:45:10 PM »
Yes, I'd be happy with that.

Offline Nepster

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 11, 2016, 09:51:18 PM »
Sounds good.

Offline mobius

• relax.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 11, 2016, 10:23:24 PM »
I'm still not in favor of counting the cloners into the lemmings counts for the same reasons I mentioned before.

Other than that I don't really care too much about the skill bar. As long as it's simple. Options to display what you prefer would be nice.

I still vote to have the info as minimal as possible. I don't care what anyone else says; as it is now it works for me almost 100% and it's not too complicated. Mimimal is better.

I would put these two together:
Lemming total for level/requirement

I'm not sure I'm fond of "Lennubgs not yet spawned" [even if I suggested this in the past] It seems a bit redundant and might get confusing. But Idk, I don't seem to share the incredible difficulties everybody else seems to be having with this.

On levels with infiniate time I'd prefer a different way of having the count-up time. It's quick and easy to see there's no time limit if you look and it's the way it is now or something similar. Maybe only display it when you mouse over that area.
everything by me: https://www.lemmingsforums.net/index.php?topic=5982.msg96035#msg96035

"Not knowing how near the truth is, we seek it far away."
-Hakuin Ekaku

"I have seen a heap of trouble in my life, and most of it has never come to pass" - Mark Twain

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #18 on: January 11, 2016, 10:27:19 PM »
One thing that came up was - if icons, not just one-letter abbreviations, are used - is to have a different icon for "time limit" than for "time taken". The suggested icons (you can see them on the first page, Simon posted them) an hourglass when there's a time limit, and a stopwatch when there's no limit so it's merely telling you how long you've taken.
My Lemmings projects
2D Lemmings: NeoLemmix (engine) | Lemmings Plus Series (level packs) | Doomsday Lemmings (level pack)
3D Lemmings: Loap (engine) | L3DEdit (level / graphics editor) | L3DUtils (replay / etc utility) | Lemmings Plus 3D (level pack)