Author Topic: Lemmings Forums Level Design Contest #8  (Read 4365 times)

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
Lemmings Forums Level Design Contest #8
« on: October 27, 2015, 08:24:19 PM »
Please see the general contest rules here.

Note the following change to the general rules:
First place still has first choice of prize, but if you do not pick within 48 hours of being asked to choose a prize, you lose the right to first pick (you still get a prize, but the choice becomes a matter of "first in first served" instead of "first place winner has first pick").

Contest #8

For this contest, your goal is to make a level using one of the graphic sets in this addon pack:
http://www.neolemmix.com/old/stylepacks/L2L3Pack.zip

To use these with the editor (including the playtest mode via NeoCustLemmix), place them in the "styles/NeoLemmix" folder.
To use them with NeoCustLemmix standalone, put them in the same folder as NeoCustLemmix.

This contest's rules were chosen by IchoTolot, and as such, questions about the contest's rules will need to be directed to him.

Please note that the rule about "if you're using a custom graphic set you must include it" won't apply here, as the graphic sets have to be from a specific collection so it's easy enough to find them. This only applies to graphic sets.

Initial Submission Deadline: 11th November 2015  (subject to general rule 4b)

The prizes available for this contest are:
- US$5.00 ($7.50 if at least 7 entries)
- One month's advertising on the forum's news ticker (month and a half if at least 7 entries)
- Title screen logo and/or rank signs for your NeoLemmix pack designed by me (you can request what kind of design, but do note that you'll need to give me some time to make them)

Note that the "choice of next contest's rules" prize is not available this time as I have special plans for the next one.

Current entries: 3
GigaLem
IchoTolot
Nepster
« Last Edit: November 08, 2015, 02:09:18 AM by namida »
My Lemmings projects
2D Lemmings: NeoLemmix (engine) | Lemmings Plus Series (level packs) | Doomsday Lemmings (level pack)
3D Lemmings: Loap (engine) | L3DEdit (level / graphics editor) | L3DUtils (replay / etc utility) | Lemmings Plus 3D (level pack)

Offline GigaLem

• The Dog That Brought Lemmings to Avalice
    • View Profile
Re: Lemmings Forums Level Design Contest #8
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2015, 11:11:31 PM »
"Initial Submission Deadline: 25th September 2015"
Uhh.......September 25th? its past that at the time of this post

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2015, 11:27:34 PM »
Oops, my bad. I forgot to change it from the last contest. One sec...
My Lemmings projects
2D Lemmings: NeoLemmix (engine) | Lemmings Plus Series (level packs) | Doomsday Lemmings (level pack)
3D Lemmings: Loap (engine) | L3DEdit (level / graphics editor) | L3DUtils (replay / etc utility) | Lemmings Plus 3D (level pack)

Offline Simon

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Lix
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2015, 10:51:17 PM »
I didn't win any contest or anything, but for scientific reasons, we need the next contest to be "Build an interesting disjoint union level." :8():

-- Simon

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2015, 11:35:24 PM »
I didn't win any contest or anything, but for scientific reasons, we need the next contest to be "Build an interesting disjoint union level." :8():

-- Simon

You are more than welcome to host and manage your own contest if you like (with or without prizes beyond bragging rights); I (or the staff in general, depending on how you look at it) don't hold a monopoly on level design contests. :)
My Lemmings projects

Offline Nepster

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2015, 05:42:35 PM »
To everyone, who hasn't yet made a level for the contest: You should really try out the L2 styles!
Most contain an incredible amount of different terrain pieces, that both fit together very well and provide the level designer with an enourmous flexibility. It's a real pleasure to work with them!

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #6 on: November 08, 2015, 02:09:32 AM »
There's about three days left to get an entry in. Only 3 so far - so keep 'em coming!
My Lemmings projects