Author Topic: Resident GigaLems - Prerelease Testing! (READY! we need 3 more volunteers)  (Read 13283 times)

Offline GigaLem

• The Dog That Brought Lemmings to Avalice
    • View Profile
I need your Help!
I am looking for volunteers to test Resident GigaLems
I am looking the NASTY backroutes, so i can fix them now, and work on the smaller ones later
I'll also need you help on how to fix them.
Once this is set up there will be five volunteers, go ahead ask up (i'll Pm you the link and Rules)
once these BIG backroutes are fixed, i'll release the final product
I'll be sending the PM to those who are volunteers
Current Testers
Namida, Ichotolot
Got any Talisman ideas post em here
Also there is no music pack for the .exe (i forgot to remove that from the read me) the music is in there already

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
Re: Resident GigaLems - Prerelease Testing! (setting up)
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2015, 07:28:56 AM »
I'll be a bit busy over the next few days. If you're still looking for testers later this week (around Thursday or Friday), I could help out with it.
My Lemmings projects
2D Lemmings: NeoLemmix (engine) | Lemmings Plus Series (level packs) | Doomsday Lemmings (level pack)
3D Lemmings: Loap (engine) | L3DEdit (level / graphics editor) | L3DUtils (replay / etc utility) | Lemmings Plus 3D (level pack)

Offline IchoTolot

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2015, 10:05:40 AM »
I don't know why you are unsure using Dropbox, but ok. :-\

I'll also need you help on how to fix them.

I can help you finding the backroutes and testing the pack with my feedback in general, but the "how" is your part of the work.
I don't know if you prefer brute force steelplates, skill palette changes or little terrain changes. This is your choice.
Imagine what is possible with the given skills and after that make changes. Plus this trains the ability to prevent backroutes right when you create stuff.

I can show you a bunch of backroutes and maybe some advice to fix them, but you have to do the prevention.

Offline GigaLem

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2015, 08:28:37 PM »
Do you guy know of any other places i can put it for download?

Offline GigaLem

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2015, 09:59:14 PM »
Okay found a place
Update to the first post in a second

Offline GigaLem

• View Profile
Its in the system.dat its in the folder of the project WHY WONT IT LOAD?!

Offline mobius

• relax.
    • View Profile
I'll volunteer to do some playtesting
everything by me: https://www.lemmingsforums.net/index.php?topic=5982.msg96035#msg96035

"Not knowing how near the truth is, we seek it far away."
-Hakuin Ekaku

"I have seen a heap of trouble in my life, and most of it has never come to pass" - Mark Twain

Offline GigaLem

• View Profile
As soon as i can get that problem out of the way
i'll pm you mobius

Offline mobius

• relax.
    • View Profile
As to your error here's something to try: if you have any levels with gimmicks activated: set a music to it, doesn't matter what. If a gimmick is active on a level with no music designated it won' play. This is an older glitch, for all I know namida may have fixed it already.

Also; In order for someone to help you *fix* a backroute you'd need to send them the intended solution, which I may or may not be willing to do. Sometimes if a level is very fun and puzzling I want to figure it out myself and would rather not see the solution right away.
everything by me: https://www.lemmingsforums.net/index.php?topic=5982.msg96035#msg96035

"Not knowing how near the truth is, we seek it far away."
-Hakuin Ekaku

"I have seen a heap of trouble in my life, and most of it has never come to pass" - Mark Twain

Offline GigaLem

• View Profile
Its the G_lab files its looking for

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
Re: Resident GigaLems - Prerelease Testing! (READY! we need 3 more volunteers)
« Reply #10 on: October 12, 2015, 03:11:44 AM »
You forgot to include a copy of the Lab set in your pack's data files.

Or if you definitely didn't forget, then try opening and re-saving (in the editor) the level that's giving you this problem.

If all else fails, send me the level file of the level that's having this problem (and your customized version of the Lab style, since it sounds like you've made a customized one? - so I'll need that in order to properly open your level).
My Lemmings projects
2D Lemmings: NeoLemmix (engine) | Lemmings Plus Series (level packs) | Doomsday Lemmings (level pack)
3D Lemmings: Loap (engine) | L3DEdit (level / graphics editor) | L3DUtils (replay / etc utility) | Lemmings Plus 3D (level pack)

Offline GigaLem

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 12, 2015, 04:18:55 AM »
Well i put in Lab.dat and Gspec18 and Vspec18 and it still gives me this problem, I cannot find g_lab.dat in the neolemmix styles just lab.dat

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #12 on: October 12, 2015, 05:19:30 AM »
It shouldn't be looking for "g_lab.dat" if "lab.dat" exists. Can you send me a copy of your project's data files (via PM - if the file size is too large, feel free to leave out the music, but please include everything else), along with answers to all of the following questions:

1. Which level(s) is/are having this problem?
2. Are there any Lab graphic set levels that do not have this problem? If so, which ones?
3. Are there any levels in other graphic sets that have this problem? If so, which ones?
4. Do the levels work fine when you try to play them in NeoCustLemmix, either through the editor's playtest mode or loading a single level file from the title screen?
« Last Edit: October 12, 2015, 06:40:33 AM by namida »
My Lemmings projects

Offline GigaLem

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 12, 2015, 06:29:03 AM »
It shouldn't be looking for "g_lab.dat" if "lab.dat" exists. Can you send me a copy of your project's data files (via PM - if the file size is too large, feel free to leave out the music, but please include everything else), along with the following information:

1. Which level(s) is/are having this problem?
2. Are there any Lab graphic set levels that do not have this problem? If so, which ones?
3. Are there any levels in other graphic sets that have this problem? If so, which ones?
4. Do the levels work fine when you try to play them in NeoCustLemmix, either through the editor's playtest mode or loading a single level file from the title screen?
The lab tileset is giving me this problem, any lab level in the pack has that problem

Offline IchoTolot

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 13, 2015, 03:06:58 PM »
Played through the first rank + 4 levels of the 2nd today (replays and overall critic is comming via pm prob tomorrow) and there are a bunch of really good levels there.

BUT I have a few general things I must shout out (rant incomming and sry for harsh words here, but this has to be said!):

HIDDEN TRAPS + HIDDEN EXIT ACTIVATION BUTTONS + HIDDEN SKILLS HAVE TO BE VISIBLE!!!!!!!!!

Some levels were REALLY making me furious because of this stuff! >:(  (and it is not very easy getting me into furious berserk mode >:(>:(>:(>:()
I ragequitted rank 2 level 5, because of tons of invis mines!
And the "guess the right teleporters", "oh there is a hidden pickup skill" and "where is the button in the terrain" games aren't fun either!

Some time limits were not nessesary and sometimes Zombies are just there, but here I have to look again and pm you where they should really go/ reworked.
But these general things you can put on the fix list.

EDIT: One music track is way too loud. I will pm you about this to avoid music track spoilers.