Author Topic: [NeoLemmix] Revenge of the Lemmings 2.0!  (Read 61255 times)

Offline mobius

• relax.
    • View Profile
[NeoLemmix] Revenge of the Lemmings 2.0!
« on: July 22, 2015, 02:05:06 AM »
-Revenge of the Lemmings-

version: 2.0 exclusively for NeoLemmix

DOWNLOAD: alright, update finally here. This should fix the entrance problems

A new talisman has been added! thanks to crane.

thanks greatly to namida for making bug fixes and to others who have been playing and finding bugs.

If you have any questions or need help, please ask. You can post or PM me.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/72760678/Revenge%20of%20the%20Lemmings2.08-9-2015.zip

Updated on August 9, 2015

or see attachment.

FINALLY! after a very long and often tedious process this project is finished!!!!!!!!!!!

Revenge of the Lemmings alpha version 2.0. This levelpack was originally made for Lemmini in 2013. It has been redone, with many changes for NeoLemmix. Made with the current version of Neo-FlexiLemmix __

This custom levelpack Lemmings game contains 7 ranks of 30 levels each PLUS and additional number of secret levels in each rank totaling over 210 levels. The number of secret levels is a secret.

FAQ:

What does this version have that the Lemmini version didn't?

-Easy installation; simply unzip the exe file and click. That's it!!
-Tons of backroute fixes as well as aesthetic and other fixes.
-Level re-arrangement to make the game more balanced. And a much better difficulty curve
-Some brand new levels! [technically not new, as all the levels are 'old' but levels not present in the Lemmini version]
-a few new custom graphic levels.
-secret levels
-Challenges! 'Talismans' which are unlocked when bonus challenges on a level are solved.
-The friendly interface and functions of NeoLemmix.

You may skip any level by pressing the arrow keys on the level menu screen.

----------------
I would like to thank everyone at the current incarnation of the Lemmingsforum who helped to put this pack together.
Many of these levels were originally designed for DOS or older programs and a lot of the people who made them are no longer around so a lot of work went into figureing them out and making them work as they do today.

for recommendations, nominations, play testing & technical help.

Akseli, Gronkling, Clam, geoo, Crane, Proxima, DynaLem, Nepster,

namida (for creating NeoLemmix and tools to design this pack. Also for additional help)
KewlioMZX (for providing some music)
Crane (for selecting the music tracks)
Mindless (for the database where many of these levels were stored)
Eric Lang (who created Lemmix, a Lemmings level editor)

DMA design for creating Lemmings in 1991

If I forgot to mention your name, please let me know.
-----------------
This is an alpha version [meaning the first version released], which means that as usual there will probably be issues that people find or the never-ending backroutes. If you find a problem or having problems playing this pack please let me know.
----------------
If you have an idea or suggestion for a new talisman achievement; let me know! I'd like to put more into the game.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2017, 02:35:44 PM by Flopsy »
everything by me: https://www.lemmingsforums.net/index.php?topic=5982.msg96035#msg96035

"Not knowing how near the truth is, we seek it far away."
-Hakuin Ekaku

"I have seen a heap of trouble in my life, and most of it has never come to pass" - Mark Twain

Offline Wafflem

• View Profile
Re: Revenge of the Lemmings 2.0!
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2015, 04:08:46 AM »
:thumbsup:

So glad this came out! I like how you used repeat versions of the harder levels for the Picnic rating, and I also liked that you added a new rating to remove the "Bonus" rating.

Can't wait to play the other levels in this pack!

However, there are some glitches. In levels like Picnic 26 "Codrin, Iuliana & Stefan" and Hootenanny 1 "First Things First," not all the trapdoors spawn lemmings. Also:

Edit: I checked again, and it doesn't seem to be doing the above-mentioned glitches anymore.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2015, 04:13:42 PM by DynaLem »
YouTube: www.tinyurl.com/YTWafflem
Twitch: www.twitch.tv/Wafflem467

Have level designer's block right now? Have some of my incomplete levels for LOTS of ideas!

Offline Crane

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2015, 02:20:31 PM »
I'm glad I've got some levels in Armageddon at last!  It was fun selecting the music tracks and playtesting here and there.

Offline mobius

• relax.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2015, 09:33:43 PM »
:thumbsup:

So glad this came out! I like how you used repeat versions of the harder levels for the Picnic rating, and I also liked that you added a new rating to remove the "Bonus" rating.

Can't wait to play the other levels in this pack!

However, there are some glitches. In levels like Picnic 26 "Codrin, Iuliana & Stefan" and Hootenanny 1 "First Things First," not all the trapdoors spawn lemmings. Also:

Edit: I checked again, and it doesn't seem to be doing the above-mentioned glitches anymore.

Have ALL of these glitches stopped? The trap doors worked fine for me. When you first mentioned "First things first" I thought this might be a glitch with using the old mechanics but the other level wouldn't do that so I have no idea what caused that.
I'm more concerned with the secret level because I had this problem before.

-How do you skip to the next level once cheats is enabled? I need to edit the original post, I realize but you can enable cheats by entering "CHEATCODES" as a password. But then what do you do? Pressing 5 or arrows doesn't work.

Also; thanks again Crane, some really nice choices on music in there. :D
everything by me: https://www.lemmingsforums.net/index.php?topic=5982.msg96035#msg96035

-Hakuin Ekaku

"I have seen a heap of trouble in my life, and most of it has never come to pass" - Mark Twain

Offline Wafflem

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2015, 09:36:20 PM »
You actually have to press 1 to skip the level.

Also, I've looked through the levels that you put in the game, but some levels like Carnage 19 give the error 'Bestand "g_.dat" staat neit in archief."
« Last Edit: July 22, 2015, 09:43:54 PM by DynaLem »

Have level designer's block right now? Have some of my incomplete levels for LOTS of ideas!

Offline mobius

• relax.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2015, 09:55:50 PM »

Also, I've looked through the levels that you put in the game, but some levels like Carnage 19 give the error 'Bestand "g_.dat" staat neit in archief."

okay, I'll need namida's help cause I don't know why it's doing that. Cane you tell me the name of the level please? 19 is Slipping, which is an ordinary marble level. Right after that is a special graphic level but it's a repeat and I know the first one works.

I need to go through the whole damn pack, >:( it seems like a bunch of random levels have this error and it crashes the game.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2015, 10:01:05 PM by möbius »

-Hakuin Ekaku

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2015, 01:12:34 AM »
Rather than press 1 to skip the level, you can also just press Right on the level's preview screen. The cheat code also causes all levels to be treated as unlocked (but not as beaten), which is why it'll still only automatically jump to the first unbeaten level, but you can use Left / Right to navigate to any level.

In regards to these problematic levels, my first guess would be the LVL files pre-date when style files were referred to by name (so it only has a number). If you load and re-save the levels in the editor, this should fix it; if it doesn't, send me the source files (if they've changed since the last time) and I'll take a look.

EDIT: Using the files you sent me last time, I tested this level. Loading and re-saving it in the editor does fix the issue. At the same time, there's no reason the issue should've occurred in the first place - the level does contain the style name, and it's in 10KB format (which is still supported for loading, even in the player). So I'll look into what's causing that.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2015, 01:53:13 AM by namida »
My Lemmings projects
2D Lemmings: NeoLemmix (engine) | Lemmings Plus Series (level packs) | Doomsday Lemmings (level pack)
3D Lemmings: Loap (engine) | L3DEdit (level / graphics editor) | L3DUtils (replay / etc utility) | Lemmings Plus 3D (level pack)

Offline Wafflem

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 23, 2015, 02:36:27 AM »

okay, I'll need namida's help cause I don't know why it's doing that. Cane you tell me the name of the level please? 19 is Slipping, which is an ordinary marble level. Right after that is a special graphic level but it's a repeat and I know the first one works.

I need to go through the whole damn pack, >:( it seems like a bunch of random levels have this error and it crashes the game.

I'm not sure what the name of the level is due to the error.

I went through the levels, and the only two levels with the "g_.dat" error are Pain 9 and Carnage 19.

That trapdoor issue I've mentioned? It's happening again in Hootenanny 1 "First Things First". It has nothing to do with the transition from the traditional mechanics to the NeoLemmix mechancs. I think this happened after I played one of the Picnic secret levels.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2015, 02:45:41 AM by DynaLem »

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #8 on: July 23, 2015, 02:41:35 AM »
Does that level work fine if you play it immediately (without playing any other level first)? If it works fine under that circumstance, it'd suggest the problem is the Window Order data not being cleared properly between levels, and thus that'd be something for me to fix in V1.35n-C. If it still has the issue, the problem might be with the level itself, and thus something Mobius would need to look at (but I'm happy to help track down the problem).
My Lemmings projects
2D Lemmings: NeoLemmix (engine) | Lemmings Plus Series (level packs) | Doomsday Lemmings (level pack)
3D Lemmings: Loap (engine) | L3DEdit (level / graphics editor) | L3DUtils (replay / etc utility) | Lemmings Plus 3D (level pack)

Offline Wafflem

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 23, 2015, 02:47:15 AM »
Yes, it works fine when I play it immediately without playing any other level. This also happens with Picnic 26 "Codrin, Iuliana & Stefan", Picnic 27 "Neighbours" and similar levels.

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #10 on: July 23, 2015, 02:53:20 AM »
Could you give me an example of exactly which two levels you play in a row that causes this to happen? Just one or two sets of levels will be fine. :) I think I've discovered the cause of this bug, but need to know exactly what combination of levels to test it on, in order to be sure.
My Lemmings projects

Offline Wafflem

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 23, 2015, 02:59:55 AM »

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #12 on: July 23, 2015, 03:05:42 AM »
Yep, I'd say I've fixed it then. :)
My Lemmings projects

Offline Wafflem

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 23, 2015, 03:58:52 AM »
Thanks!

Another thing I've noticed in the Configuration menu: I don't see the "Relative 'In' Count" option anywhere. I guess you can't fit everything on Page 1 of the menu since there's Challenge Mode, Timer mode and Steel Debug mode (as well as the forced gimmicks/skillsets in Page 2).

A very odd glitch - simply completing Hootenanny 23 "A Fair Old Lick" unlocks the talisman for Hootenanny 24 "Works on So Many Levels". Also, completing Hootenanny 24 itself, even using the diggers, unlocks the talisman.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2015, 05:38:57 AM by DynaLem »

Offline chaos_defrost

• the artist formerly known as Insane Steve
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 23, 2015, 05:08:36 AM »
Downloaded this. I breezed through this pack with the cheats to see what it had, and from what I see, I much like this pack and its ordering and the replacing of levels a lot more than the first version.

There is a problem I have, though -- (at least) 2 levels, Pain 9 and Carnage 20, give me a non-English crash error and close the program when the game tries to retrieve the level.

"Bestand g_.dat staat niet in archief"
"こんなげーむにまじになっちゃってどうするの"

~"Beat" Takeshi Kitano