Poll

If you had to use only one of these items which would you use?

Cap
4 (33.3%)
Sunglasses
4 (33.3%)
Sunscreen
4 (33.3%)

Total Members Voted: 12

Author Topic: Cap, Sunglasses, or Sunscreen?  (Read 4290 times)

Offline Minim

• View Profile
Cap, Sunglasses, or Sunscreen?
« on: July 16, 2015, 06:35:31 AM »
Because most of us are in the northern hemisphere and the fact that it's summer up here I thought I'd raise this situation. If you only wanted to use one of these three items on a hot summer's day which one would you use? I would wear sunglasses, because my eyes are quite sensitive, and it also helps in the spring where the sun also shines brightly.

You could substitute a baseball cap for a Cowboy hat in the first option for more sun-protection. I wore that during one of my holidays in Italy.

Edit: Fixed typo in Subject.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2015, 09:10:12 PM by Minim »
Level Solving Contest creator. Anybody bored and looking for a different challenge? Try these levels!

Neolemmix: #1 #4 #5 #6
Lix: #2  #7
Both Engines: #3

Offline 607

• View Profile
Re: Cap, Sunglases, or Sunscreen?
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2015, 09:20:57 AM »
Cap. I don't get sunburn all too often, because I don't spend too much time outside still. When I'm outside I'm moving, and also spend quite some time in the shadow.
I never have too much problems with the light, so I hardly ever wear sunglasses.
A cap, however, I always wear. When outside, that is. Not always in winter of course, but when outside, I think I wear a cap at least 90% of the time. If I don't and there's sun, I feel like my head overheats, and my thinking capabilities lower tremendously. I also tend to get angry much quicker when I don't wear a cap, for some reason.

Offline NaOH

• View Profile
Re: Cap, Sunglases, or Sunscreen?
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2015, 06:32:35 PM »
I have a small assortment of nice hats. Any excuse to wear them is welcome.

Offline Lemika

• The Lurker in the Level
    • View Profile
    • Corner the Maze - a webcomic
Re: Cap, Sunglasses, or Sunscreen?
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2015, 02:25:01 AM »
Sunglasses. My eyes are very sensitive to light, and so I get headaches from bright light easily, so sunglasses are something that I wear when out of doors the majority of the time -- winter included, especially since the reflected light from the snow makes everything very bright during that season.

Hats help with the sun as well, but they alone won't do it, so if I'm only picking one item it must be sunglasses. Sun screen is quite useful and a good idea to use, of course, but I don't sunburn very easily at all (despite having very pale skin), so it's less important than the other two. If I'm going to be spending a decently long time in the sun, however, I will typically wear all three.

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2015, 02:59:27 AM »
Sunglasses, although I rarely even use those. For some reason, despite having a complexion that would suggest otherwise, I don't tend to burn easily, so hats and sunscreen aren't too nessecary. That just leaves sunglasses; and although I rarely use those either, I sometimes find them nessecary when driving around sunrise or sunset.
My Lemmings projects
2D Lemmings: NeoLemmix (engine) | Lemmings Plus Series (level packs) | Doomsday Lemmings (level pack)
3D Lemmings: Loap (engine) | L3DEdit (level / graphics editor) | L3DUtils (replay / etc utility) | Lemmings Plus 3D (level pack)

Offline Timballisto

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2015, 02:35:34 AM »
I excel at burning.  My answer to this is immediately obvious.