Author Topic: Old polls removed from forum. Reason?  (Read 2865 times)

Offline Minim

• View Profile
Old polls removed from forum. Reason?
« on: July 16, 2015, 06:22:23 AM »
I was about to start a new off-topic thread that relates to one of my old polls. However, while the thread's still there I noticed that the poll had been removed. Is there any explanation why that's happened? Is this because of the upgrade?
Level Solving Contest creator. Anybody bored and looking for a different challenge? Try these levels!

Neolemmix: #1 #4 #5 #6
Lix: #2  #7
Both Engines: #3

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
Re: Old polls removed from forum. Reason?
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2015, 12:05:32 AM »
Yeah, it wasn't feasible to port them over. I forget the exact reason why they couldn't be ported in a read-only mode; anything else would've had the issue that there's no way to import a record of who voted what (and more to the point, who's voted at all), since that information only exists in the database, it isn't visible (even to administrators) on the site itself. Our backup from LemmingsWelt, IIRC, didn't have information on polls at all, while that from Lemmings Forums.com, we didn't have access to the database. The only site we could possibly have imported them from was IsaMedia.
My Lemmings projects
2D Lemmings: NeoLemmix (engine) | Lemmings Plus Series (level packs) | Doomsday Lemmings (level pack)
3D Lemmings: Loap (engine) | L3DEdit (level / graphics editor) | L3DUtils (replay / etc utility) | Lemmings Plus 3D (level pack)

Offline ccexplore

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2015, 02:54:00 AM »
I tried web.archive.org but generally speaking, it seems to have failed to capture most pages past 2013, so no luck. :(

Somewhat unfortunate, considering back when we transitioned we played around with tools that can crawl the (old) site and save all webpages.  But we only focused on using that for transitioning PMs, so none of my captures have any of the regular posts included.

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2015, 03:17:34 AM »
My capture would most likely have the polls - but I'm not sure if I still have a copy of it, to be honest (since I've gotten a new PC since then).
My Lemmings projects
2D Lemmings: NeoLemmix (engine) | Lemmings Plus Series (level packs) | Doomsday Lemmings (level pack)
3D Lemmings: Loap (engine) | L3DEdit (level / graphics editor) | L3DUtils (replay / etc utility) | Lemmings Plus 3D (level pack)