Author Topic: [NeoLemmix] Lemmings Reunion [Difficulty: Medium-Hard]  (Read 36562 times)

Offline kaywhyn

• View Profile
Re: [NeoLemmix] Lemmings Reunion [Difficulty: Medium-Hard]
« Reply #135 on: November 28, 2020, 11:19:31 PM »
Determination is the key, but the true motivation for me is in this place. I often wander far away from LemmingsLand but coming back to the forums often makes me want to dive into it again. It's inspiring to see that the community is still very active today! Lots of good vibes in here, which motivates me to play and create levels, even after months/years of inactivity :thumbsup:

Well, whatever your reasons for taking a long absence, I can honestly say it's great to have you back. I've been a registered member since 2017, but I visited this site daily to silently read the posts in the background. You will recall that was the year I came back and got myself unstuck on your Pimolems pack on Lemmini. It wasn't until early this year in March that I finally made myself known to the community. So, I believe this was at a time when you were still on your hiatus from the forums, particularly since we ended up missing each other for several months until now. In any case, I'm so glad to have finally met the very talented author of Pimolems ;)

The level in the pack that I was stuck on the longest was Nightmare 16 - Another Brick in the Wall. This one took me about 2-3 weeks.
This bodes well for my sanity :crylaugh:

I should also add that Nightmare 16 is also a very huge level as well :evil: I'm semi-joking here. It's not THAT huge, at least not to the point that it would make you explode like a bomber :crylaugh: If you can't resist, simply take a look at your Special rank of your Pimolems in the NL version, as there's a couple of Reunion levels in there. You are correct though that the road ahead will be rough, but again I know that you can do it. A lot of these were very satisfying to solve and figure out. Just don't let the later ranks intimidate you and you should be fine.

Offline IchoTolot

• View Profile
« Reply #136 on: December 01, 2020, 07:38:56 PM »
V 4.6 is out!

No backroutes to fix in Pieuw's replays, but Reunion's menu has received a great upgrade in terms of logo and rank signs thanks to the effort of GigaLem and Plom! :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Again, a big thank you for the "facelifted" menu! :thumbsup:

Online ericderkovits

• View Profile
« Reply #137 on: December 01, 2020, 09:05:11 PM »
yes, i love this new menu now, very nice.

Offline Pieuw

• View Profile
« Reply #138 on: December 02, 2020, 11:20:23 PM »
I'm midway through rank 3 and felt like giving some feedback! A lot of good levels for sure. :thumbsup:
I beat levels 1 to 24 except for 16 and 18, and I didn't try levels 25 to 30 yet. Here are my thoughts on the first half of them:

01 - Path Of Ankh
Starting the rank with a level that gave me a little trouble already! I guess I was looking for a down-to-earth solution, only involving logical use of the terrain removal skills and no trick. What was I even thinking, of course a little trick was involved! :laugh: It's a good level to start the rank.

02 - Casualty Count
A quick level, I think I beat it on my first try. But it was really fun!

03 - And Here Comes The Lemmings Train
Another fun level! Not a hard one since the layout makes it clear what has to be done, but I needed a few tries to make it work.

04 - The Sports Bar
Ah, my first roadblock. I had to skip this level to keep my sanity and solved it when I came back after beating a bunch of other levels. I used the same trick as needed in a later level, and if it's the intended solution I really think this one is harder.

05 - Don't Get Sucked!
This one was a bit deceiving: it seemed really easy at first but then... oh noes, how do I free the crowd? It made me think a bit but when I figured it out I thought it was brilliant :thumbsup:

06 - Winter Soldiers
An easier level which felt more like rank 2. A breather is always welcome!

07 - Nightstalkers
Excellent level! It all depends on the very start, then the solution unfolds beautifully. I love this"sandglass" type of levels.

08 - Redeeming of the Dead Lemmings
This seemed easy but it's always nice to come back to a classic with a twist.

09 - The Royal Halls
This one felt a bit too big for its own good, but I liked the solution. It's always fun to find new ways to bash things :laugh:

10 - Did everyone turn Left?
I was really puzzled at first but then the solution came quickly enough. I didn't use all the skills but I guess it's intended?

11 - A Rocky Mountain Night
Another excellent level! It takes observation to solve, which is always nice. I managed to save 100% while solving it the intended way: if the blocker is placed at the exact right spot it can be released :)

12 - Lost Your Ground?
I enjoyed this one quite a lot. This is a really cunning packed puzzle, it's everyting I love about Lemmings! I also love how you decided to mirror the level, this way it's twice the fun :thumbsup:

13 - The Glacier Station
Splat distance trapdoor, tensioooon!
The use of the steel seemed a little backrouty to me but as I used all the skills I guess it was intended?

14 - Go West!
Going east seems like a bad idea anyway. I like how everything is very logical in this one, still it took a few tries to get it right.

15 - The Lemming Tank Suicide Train
Ah, this is pretty much everyting I don't like in a Lemmings level! I skipped it almost instantly the first time, I guess I was overwhelmed by the size of it and the number of builders. I came back to it with a fresh mind and it wasn't too bad, still this level is on the bottom for me. That being said, the theme and layout are nice :thumbsup:

I will come back after solving the remaining levels. I have to say I'm really puzzled by level 18. Seems like something fishy is going on here :crylaugh:
« Last Edit: December 06, 2020, 06:44:38 PM by Pieuw »

Offline Pieuw

• View Profile
« Reply #139 on: December 06, 2020, 08:44:04 PM »
Second half of the third rank cleared :thumbsup:

16 - Green Hill Zone
I made this level harder than it is! Looking at the replay, everything seems so simple and logical... I absolutely wanted to use a convoluted trick to block the crowd :forehead: It's a nice deceiving level!

17 - Staircase Under Construction
A single look at the skills gives the solution away, then it's all a matter of execution. The mirrored layout makes it, if not harder, tougher to execute.

18 - You don't need them!
This is the level that stumped me the most I think, and I'm not proud about it because the reason was simply that I used my skills in the wrong order. I was looking for some intricate digging manoeuver to execute, and at one point it clicked: I just had to switch two assignments and voilĂ . :crylaugh:

19 - To Hell and Back
I loved the solution here, it's a trick I was not familiar with. I may have encountered it in the past but it's been such a while, it felt brand new when it came to mind. This is the level that allowed me to solve level 04 later, using the same builder trick.

20 - Castle Get-Together
This is a really fine level but it seems a lot easier than its rank siblings. I had one bomber left and thus saved an extra lemming, maybe my solution was a bit backroutish?

21 - Field Trip
I enjoyed this level very much. The very start took me a little while to get right and the rest of the solution needed some tweaking, but it was all fun. I got two extra climbers in the end, not sure where they would have been useful?

22 - A Christmas Journey
Another good level! The right side was a bit fiddly maybe, but I guess this is why you have some extra floaters.

23 - Sternenhimmel
At first glance I was like "oh no :XD:" and the messy start of the level didn't make me feel any better. But the crowd blocking method is really nice, so it's not bad at all :laugh:

24 - The Alternative Way
I'm not sure I solved it the intended way, but it still was a hard solution to pull off.

25 - Metropolis
Ah, I have so much trouble to concentrate on these "non classic" tilesets :crylaugh: This one was on the easier side. No special trick here, only ressource management and some timing. Which is perfectly nice too :thumbsup:

26 - Evolve
Quite intimidating at first, but it all fell into place quickly. I liked it, and the size of the layout felt right :laugh:

27 - Whispers And Lights
Something recurrent in Icho's levels, at least for me, is that I often instantly get what has to be done on the second half of the puzzle, but the beginning takes a little while to get right. This is interesting!

28 - Dirty Work
This one looks like a multitasking monster at first :scared: But it really is easier than it looks. I saved a digger, so I may have taken a shortcut somewhere?

29 - Controlled Release
Very interesting idea. It was easy to know what to do here, but the execution took lots of try-and-rewinds and became somewhat frustrating :cute:. Also, very imposing looking layout, in a good way!

30 - Edge To Insanity
Boss level! :devil: It's nice that all the rank finishers have a common theme. They feel chaotic for sure! I'm not a fan of these mixed and messy looking layouts but I get why they're made that way and I guess it's effective. Nice collection of little tricks here, lots of brainstorming was needed to figure out how to use the skills in the most effective way.

An excellent rank! :thumbsup: Each level has something special to offer and some of them bring back tricks from previous levels in a less obvious way, which makes for good progression!
I'll dive into the next rank soon :)

Offline IchoTolot

• View Profile
« Reply #140 on: December 06, 2020, 08:54:55 PM »
Thanks for all the feedback. Will look through the replays soon. ;)

But as Swerdis has just uploaded the 2nd last level of PimoLems I think I will check and patch that first as it will probably be the most work. ;)

Offline GigaLem

• The Dog That Brought Lemmings to Avalice
  • Discord Server Owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: December 13, 2020, 07:17:08 AM »
V 4.6 is out!

No backroutes to fix in Pieuw's replays, but Reunion's menu has received a great upgrade in terms of logo and rank signs thanks to the effort of GigaLem and Plom! :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Again, a big thank you for the "facelifted" menu! :thumbsup:

Think you could update the credits in the first post? Since Plom did the new logo, at the time of this post that has yet to be updated

Offline IchoTolot

• View Profile
« Reply #142 on: December 13, 2020, 10:58:48 AM »
Done. ;)

Offline IchoTolot

• View Profile
« Reply #143 on: December 15, 2020, 02:30:13 PM »
V 4.7 is out!

Backroute fix thanks to Pieuw's replays:

- 3 21 (Removed some terrain)

All your solutions for the thirs rank were either intended or acceptable alternatives. The ones where you saved a few skills were close enough for me. ;)  3 20 is a little bit backrouty though.

Sometimes you made it a bit messier than it needs to be though - 3 22 for example.

Let's say quite a few levels here have "leftover" skills or different ways to solve them. Sometimes there are also design decisions in there that I wouldn't do again if I would make the pack from scratch again. ;)