Author Topic: My experience with NeoLemmix so far  (Read 17738 times)

Offline 607

• View Profile
Re: My experience with NeoLemmix so far
« Reply #30 on: June 19, 2015, 03:44:47 PM »
Uh, that's interesting.
I didn't even know there was a possibility of looping specific parts of a song.
Now my problem is the opposite of what it was before: at first I was trying to find more music I could use that would fit (and I searched for .mod specifically, as I thought that was what you were supposed to use) and now I have more interesting themes than levels to use them in :P

I let my younger brother (9) play my hardest level yet earlier today, and he helped me find a backroute, which is nice. After that I forgot the correct solution xD I figured it out again eventually though, and did what I probably should've done earlier: I saved a replay.

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #31 on: June 19, 2015, 04:16:05 PM »
Yep, I try to always save replays every time I make or change a level. Even more important though, is making sure I have replays for every level before releasing amything. There's been the odd case where people have released impossible levels, possibly due to fixing backroutes then not ensuring the intended solution still works, so this is a good way to avoid that.
My Lemmings projects
2D Lemmings: NeoLemmix (engine) | Lemmings Plus Series (level packs) | Doomsday Lemmings (level pack)
3D Lemmings: Loap (engine) | L3DEdit (level / graphics editor) | L3DUtils (replay / etc utility) | Lemmings Plus 3D (level pack)

Offline Simon

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Lix
« Reply #32 on: June 25, 2015, 08:55:13 AM »
other formats [...] aren't explicitly intended to be supported.

I assume this means "supported by the lib". You've given lots of support for it already.

Does the lib outright refuse to load a file with an unwanted ending?

if [...] a format other than OGG or IT doesn't work at some point [...] I'm probably not going to try too hard to fix it.

In that case, the forced rename has put users in the worst of all situations. They won't see at a glance which files have stopped working.

-- Simon