Author Topic: MobiLems II  (Read 23447 times)

Offline Crane

• View Profile
Re: MobiLems II
« Reply #15 on: August 30, 2015, 02:02:06 AM »
I'm looking forward to playing this actually!  Best of luck with finishing it off.

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #16 on: August 30, 2015, 07:39:21 AM »
Sounds good! I haven't played the first one, so it'll all be new to me. :)
My Lemmings projects
2D Lemmings: NeoLemmix (engine) | Lemmings Plus Series (level packs) | Doomsday Lemmings (level pack)
3D Lemmings: Loap (engine) | L3DEdit (level / graphics editor) | L3DUtils (replay / etc utility) | Lemmings Plus 3D (level pack)

Offline mobius

• relax.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 05, 2015, 09:59:07 PM »
<Levels to test>

if anyone is interested in playtesting [backroute finding] some of my levels for MobiLems2, let me know and I'll give some to you. Let me know how many levels you'd be comfortable with.
Thank you
everything by me: https://www.lemmingsforums.net/index.php?topic=5982.msg96035#msg96035

"Not knowing how near the truth is, we seek it far away."
-Hakuin Ekaku

"I have seen a heap of trouble in my life, and most of it has never come to pass" - Mark Twain

Offline mobius

• relax.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 20, 2015, 09:24:33 PM »
It seems I very suddenly lost interest in Lemmings again, plus busy with work and other things, I haven't worked on this in a few weeks. It may be a while until I start working on it again. But if anyone still wants to test level you may.
everything by me: https://www.lemmingsforums.net/index.php?topic=5982.msg96035#msg96035

-Hakuin Ekaku

"I have seen a heap of trouble in my life, and most of it has never come to pass" - Mark Twain

Offline mobius

• relax.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 22, 2015, 01:19:37 AM »
about 2 months went by and I think I'm going to try and finish this up. There are a few issues (some of which I already mentioned).

-quite a few levels have backroutes which I need to fix.
-some need a little more reqorking to get nice. Some I've forgotten and lost solutions to :(
-I had a goal of completing all the incomplete levels I made. [I have a LOT of partially made levels] I wasn't able to do that before; not sure if I can/want to now, I'd like to focus on getting the pack finished and released.

so if all goes well I will finally finish mobilems  2 sometime in the near future.

-Hakuin Ekaku

Offline IchoTolot

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 22, 2015, 11:33:32 AM »
-some need a little more reqorking to get nice. Some I've forgotten and lost solutions to :(

I cannot resist to comment and say my inner mantra when I read this (little Simonish rant incomming hehe ;))

When someone makes a level: It should ALWAYS be bundled with a functional replay!

I would have forgotten details of ~ 10% of my own solutions, too (and I also can't remember everything right now). But I have made replays and sometimes even a video. Projects like this need to be managed carefully with sorted folders and emergency backups and especially replays are a must. :8():

But I am also very exited for MobiLems 2 to end with some nice words :) (hm as I write this I thought: We need also a angel-lem simley with a halo and not just the devil one :laugh:)

Offline mobius

• relax.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 22, 2015, 10:10:20 PM »
I always make replays of every level I make. The problem is I accidentally wrote-over some of them while testing. You don't know how frustrated I was to discover that the replay I was supposed to freaking have for this one level in particular is not correct.

-Hakuin Ekaku

Offline IchoTolot

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 23, 2015, 12:50:26 PM »
I always make replays of every level I make. The problem is I accidentally wrote-over some of them while testing. You don't know how frustrated I was to discover that the replay I was supposed to freaking have for this one level in particular is not correct.

Sry for sounding a bit harsh there, but I already met people offereing help with backroute fixing and when I ask for the intended solution via replay....there were none avialable.
Hm... yes that problem of quickly overwriting replays in NL is a problem. Especially if the replay is kept in the standard output folder it can happen easily and sadly I know the feeling of that loss, but until now just level I still had the solution in mind were affected.
Maybe this tipp can help preventing this in the future: To counteract the overwriting by accident of replays I make extra folders outside of the standard output folder to have (at least) 2 copies of them.

Offline mobius

• relax.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 23, 2015, 09:02:34 PM »
Actually I usually do those things too yet somehow I still managed to screw this one up :XD:
I shouldn't have even bothered mentioning this in the first place actually; because the level whose replay I lost was busted anyway and I need to find a new/better solution for it.

In any case with this pack I will have a replay available for every single level :)

oh and one other thing: I can't remember if I asked you this already or not; do you mind if I include our collab level [from the earlier contest] "deserted cities of the heart" in my pack?
« Last Edit: December 23, 2015, 10:00:58 PM by möbius »

-Hakuin Ekaku

Offline IchoTolot

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 26, 2015, 11:45:33 AM »
The collab level is all yours :)

Offline mobius

• relax.
    • View Profile
Re: MobiLems II --last minute testing--
« Reply #25 on: December 31, 2015, 02:34:40 AM »
Im' getting ready to release my pack soon, but there are still a few levels which have not been thoroughly backroute tested.  please let me know if you're interested to test some levels. 

It will not be very many, I have only 2 right now that I know definitely need testing.

-Hakuin Ekaku

Offline mobius

• relax.
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 19, 2016, 12:42:26 AM »
I've compiled a test version of my pack and I'm currently checking to see if it's going to work properly. I'm having an issue editing my MAIN.DAt [graphics] but I'm sure if I'm going to bother doing that anyway. I really want to get this pack released and in a condition that's at least working and free of game-stopping problems. I've lost all Lemmings-gaming creativity so I'm not in the mood to fiddle with this much anymore.

In any case; I should be uploading my finished pack very soon! :thumbsup:

-Hakuin Ekaku

Offline mobius

• relax.
    • View Profile
Re: MobiLems II --- released!
« Reply #27 on: January 22, 2016, 10:47:23 PM »
The long awaited MobiLems 2 is here!

available by dropbox:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/72760678/MobiLemsII%20v2.zip

Note: I have not uploaded here due to the fileszie [mostly due to music files I think].

to be used with the newest NeoLemmix format.

This level pack begins easy [and gets hard] but there are no tutorials. I recommend playing the NeoLemmix introduction pack before my levelpack if you are unfamiliar with the new features of NeoLemmix.

Feedback is welcome. FYI: I will try to address issues if they come up, but I am not real active with level design now so I can't promise serious issues like backroute fixing etc, happening soon. e.i. I will probably only quickly fix something like "game crashes at this point".

Included with each level is a replay [in the solutions folder]

If you would like to ask me for help, please do so at Lemmingsforum.net; or my email at whatshuh@gmail.com

big thanks to all the people who helped and test and such.
In particular; recent testers (mostly for the newer levels) were Nepster, DynaLem and Akseli) GigaLem made the title icon and gave me the rank names.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2016, 07:44:53 PM by möbius »

-Hakuin Ekaku

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #28 on: January 23, 2016, 12:23:46 AM »
Oooh, awesome! I'll give this a go sometime soon, and most likely video my playthrough. :)
My Lemmings projects
2D Lemmings: NeoLemmix (engine) | Lemmings Plus Series (level packs) | Doomsday Lemmings (level pack)
3D Lemmings: Loap (engine) | L3DEdit (level / graphics editor) | L3DUtils (replay / etc utility) | Lemmings Plus 3D (level pack)

Offline GigaLem

• The Dog That Brought Lemmings to Avalice
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 23, 2016, 05:45:23 AM »
Need any rank signs?
and wasn't the first rank....Pleasant?