Author Topic: NeoLemmix Community Pack  (Read 86789 times)

Offline exit

• View Profile
Re: NeoLemmix Community Pack
« Reply #45 on: May 01, 2015, 12:21:34 PM »
I like that name :thumbsup: , but it doesn't seem to be the kind for a community pack(not that I have experience with naming community packs, it's a fitting name, in my opinion).

Offline GigaLem

• The Dog That Brought Lemmings to Avalice
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: May 02, 2015, 02:28:57 AM »
Another name pop'd up in my head
"Lemmings Megamix"
what do you think?
speaking of names i wonder how many ratings we'll have but i was thinking up some names
"Soothing"
"Cautious"
"Supreme"
"Punishing"
Have any ideas i'd like to hear it
(I wish i can be as creative as mobilems)

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #47 on: May 03, 2015, 05:36:02 AM »
Personally, I'd like to see it have something in the name that reflects that it's a NeoLemmix pack. "Lemmings Neo-Mix" would be a possible one derived from your suggestion, although I also feel that's a kinda awkward name. Anyway, feel free to keep the suggestions coming.

As for the rank names, I do quite like those, although I'd swap "Punishing" and "Supreme" around.

By the way - I realised I should've done this sooner; but I made a Dropbox folder (and linked it in the first post) containing all submissions so far.
My Lemmings projects
2D Lemmings: NeoLemmix (engine) | Lemmings Plus Series (level packs) | Doomsday Lemmings (level pack)
3D Lemmings: Loap (engine) | L3DEdit (level / graphics editor) | L3DUtils (replay / etc utility) | Lemmings Plus 3D (level pack)

Offline GigaLem

• View Profile
« Reply #48 on: May 03, 2015, 08:07:02 AM »
Aaaaaaaaaand its done
hope you enjoy these levels :thumbsup:

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #49 on: May 03, 2015, 09:31:12 AM »
Playing them now, and so far, they seem pretty good! I'm playing in alphabetical order by filename (not by level name).

Son of a Birch was fairly simple; I don't really know that Frenzy adds much to the level though.
Tip of the Blade is definitely a very clever puzzle! :D
I'm currently stuck on "Special Beam Cannon". I've managed to save 88%, but that isn't quite enough... EDIT: Got it. I just needed to swap two skills around. Great level!
Clockwork Grey, I'm pretty sure I backrouted. I saved one lemming more than the requirement, and the Cloner served no purpose in my solution apart from getting that one extra lemming.
Coarse, Grain etc, not a bad level. The time limit is a bit tight, and doesn't seem to serve much purpose, though.
Up a creek without a Basher, this one I'm almost certian is a backroute, unless most of the level just serves as a distraction. I'd also say this is another one where a time limit is unnessecary.
Harder Better Faster Stronger, while visually it's very impressive, if my solution is the intended one it's pretty much just a pixel-precise miner followed by a fairly obvious remaining solution. It could be a good early(ish) level if the miner didn't need to be so precise. But this might be a backroute, too.
Try To Keep Him Digging, you've overlooked a MAJOR backroute here.
No Brakes On The Lemming Train, I think this may be a backroute too, but even if not, it's a pretty good level. :)
Into The Builderless is another one with a major backroute.
Lemming No Climb Stairs is a solid medium-difficulty level. :D
Quarantine is another one I'm fairly sure I've backrouted. Didn't need to go anywhere near the zombies, and had plenty of skills left over.
Quick Pyramid is a very interesting concept for a Frenzy level. I like it! :D
Mobi Did You Shrink The Levels?, this is fairly nicely done. The time limit actually works well here, and while I had skills spare, I get the feeling this is meant to happen. However, in case you weren't aware, this concept is originally Insane Steve's idea (as far as I know), not Mobius's.
Slap Me Lemming Sideways is a very nice level, though the exit's position is very unforgiving. I'd suggest moving it up a few pixels; currently you have to build right at the edge of the platform and stretch the builder almost perfectly at each shrug in order to reach it.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2015, 10:17:01 AM by namida »
My Lemmings projects
2D Lemmings: NeoLemmix (engine) | Lemmings Plus Series (level packs) | Doomsday Lemmings (level pack)
3D Lemmings: Loap (engine) | L3DEdit (level / graphics editor) | L3DUtils (replay / etc utility) | Lemmings Plus 3D (level pack)

Offline GigaLem

• View Profile
« Reply #50 on: May 04, 2015, 09:05:49 PM »
I have to say I love your solution to No brakes on the lemming train i wouldn't call it a backroute
i updated the levels hopefully with no backroutes

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #51 on: May 04, 2015, 09:17:48 PM »
I'll check them out later. Currently trying to fix that fucking replay release rate bug. >_>
My Lemmings projects

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #52 on: May 05, 2015, 03:16:54 AM »
Okay; first: It'd help if you added "_V2" or something to the end of the levels you've changed, so I know which ones to check again.

Clockwork Grey - All I had to do was use the Cloner where I previously used the Walker. This does mean it no longer saves every lemming, but it does still work. However, I did notice a minor bug relating to Cloner-adjusted percentages when playing this level (specifically, that it doesn't take pickup skill cloners into account), so thanks for that. :)
Up A Creek Without A Basher - You haven't actually fixed the backroute; just made it a lot harder to pull off. With that being said, it looks like your intended solution involves setting up a miner to go through not one but several builder bridges, which would be quite annoying - on the other hand, the solution I've found would actually make it quite a good level anyway.
Try To Keep Him Digging - The backroute still works; you just have to use a digger instead of a miner for it now.
Into The Builderless - This is a pretty good level now! I don't think my solution is a backroute (although it does save 100% when the level only requires 96%); at any rate it definitely doesn't break the level in the same way the first backroute did.
Slap Me Lemming Sideways - Same solution works with minor adjustments, though I'm not sure if this is intentional. The exit's position is much better now.

All the levels not mentioned here, my V1 replays still worked fine, so they either weren't (and possibly didn't need to be) updated or the backroutes weren't fixed at all. By looking at the filesizes, it looks like you may have also updated "Son of a Birch" and "Special Beam Cannon", but my V1 replays for both still worked.
My Lemmings projects

Offline GigaLem

• View Profile
« Reply #53 on: May 05, 2015, 04:00:12 PM »
Yeah that though just ocurred in my head
Hopefully this works

Offline GigaLem

• View Profile
« Reply #54 on: May 06, 2015, 10:50:04 PM »
Shall we set up a poll for the Level pack's Name?

Offline exit

• View Profile
« Reply #55 on: May 09, 2015, 08:31:02 PM »
Here's a new level I made, not sure how quickly it'll be solved. ;)

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #56 on: May 10, 2015, 02:32:16 PM »
I had a quick look at it - I was able to solve 70%, but haven't yet worked out how to solve the required 90%. I'll try more tomorrow. :) I've placed it in the collection of submitted levels.

Giga - I didn't look at your new-updates yet, but considering that my replays haven't been downloaded yet, don't you think it's worth checking those out before assuming you've fixed the (currently unknown to you) backroutes I found?

Nepster - I finally took a look at Stonerhenge, didn't solve it yet though. I see this level as potentially being quite annoying, though I'll reserve a final judgement until I've actually solved it. :P (Maybe there's a trick you've thought of that I haven't)
My Lemmings projects

Offline GigaLem

• View Profile
« Reply #57 on: May 11, 2015, 10:49:54 PM »
Another update to "up a creek without a basher"
Plus another level known as "Back and Forth"

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #58 on: May 12, 2015, 05:40:21 AM »
Alright; despite the fact you didn't actually view the replays of my last backroutes, I had a go on your updated levels:

Try To Keep Him Digging - Well, the *exact* solution I used last time is now fixed, but something very similar still works.
Up a Creek Without A Basher - Again, the exact solution I used before still works, but I just had to change it a little bit to get it to work again. It's actually easier to do my backroute with this update.
Back and Forth - I'm not sure what the Miner was meant for, but I get the feeling I still found the intended trick even if I executed it slightly differently. This level is quite easy, but it's a solid one that shows off a useful trick.

exit, I still haven't been able to solve your level. This is quite a tough one! :) I have managed to improve it to 80%, but not to the required 90% yet...
EDIT: Got it! Okay, that was a really good level! :)
« Last Edit: May 12, 2015, 05:55:18 AM by namida »
My Lemmings projects

Offline GigaLem

• View Profile
« Reply #59 on: May 12, 2015, 10:12:25 PM »
HOW DO I FIX THAT?!
i can't de-back route this level becuase when i though i remove it another one appears
i can't remove the stone becuase you'll use the stacker just
how do i fix the level just HOW?!?