Author Topic: GigaLems - A project I plan on making  (Read 58986 times)

Offline GigaLem

• The Dog That Brought Lemmings to Avalice
    • View Profile
Re: GigaLems - A project I plan on making
« Reply #120 on: March 23, 2015, 09:51:48 PM »
If so, when exactly does this error occur? Is it immediately when you open resource builder, or only when you click one of the buttons? Does it happen on both buttons, or only on one of them? Does the resource builder create the ARC and RC files (but not the RES file), or does it not create anything?
fout 5 error happens on both buttons

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #121 on: March 23, 2015, 09:52:30 PM »
If so, when exactly does this error occur? Is it immediately when you open resource builder, or only when you click one of the buttons? Does it happen on both buttons, or only on one of them? Does the resource builder create the ARC and RC files (but not the RES file), or does it not create anything?
My Lemmings projects
2D Lemmings: NeoLemmix (engine) | Lemmings Plus Series (level packs) | Doomsday Lemmings (level pack)
3D Lemmings: Loap (engine) | L3DEdit (level / graphics editor) | L3DUtils (replay / etc utility) | Lemmings Plus 3D (level pack)

Offline GigaLem

• View Profile
« Reply #122 on: March 23, 2015, 09:58:29 PM »
actually it does sorry for not catching that

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #123 on: March 23, 2015, 10:46:56 PM »
Okay. If it's creating those files, but not creating the RES file, then this would mean for some reason it's unable to run GoRC. You did extract GoRC into the same folder as the resource builder, right?

I'm off for a bit now, but I'll look into it more later.
My Lemmings projects
2D Lemmings: NeoLemmix (engine) | Lemmings Plus Series (level packs) | Doomsday Lemmings (level pack)
3D Lemmings: Loap (engine) | L3DEdit (level / graphics editor) | L3DUtils (replay / etc utility) | Lemmings Plus 3D (level pack)

Offline GigaLem

• View Profile
« Reply #124 on: March 23, 2015, 10:48:44 PM »
Okay. If it's creating those files, but not creating the RES file, then this would mean for some reason it's unable to run GoRC. You did extract GoRC into the same folder as the resource builder, right?

I'm off for a bit now, but I'll look into it more later.
I try to run GoRC but only a window shows for a split second and nothing happens

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #125 on: March 24, 2015, 08:16:25 AM »
That's normal. You don't have to run GoRC yourself; what matters is that it must be in the same folder as the resource builder.

GoRC does nothing unless it's supplied with certain "command line options". You don't really need to worry about these, it's a technical thing - what you do need to know is that when GoRC is needed, LemResourceBuilder will automatically run it (with the correct command line options). So, LemResourceBuilder and GoRC must be in the same folder as each other.
My Lemmings projects

Offline GigaLem

• View Profile
« Reply #126 on: March 24, 2015, 08:30:58 PM »
still that problem is that i need help converting the things i have into a EXE

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #127 on: March 24, 2015, 09:00:55 PM »
The readme describes exactly how to do that, as does the tutorial here. Using LemResourceBuilder to make the RES files is part of that.

If you really can't get it working (or can't understand it), send me all your data / music files and I'll put it together for you - but only if you can tell exactly what doesn't work (or what you don't understand), to make clear that you have tried to do it yourself. (Just like how with the music files, I was happy to do them for you because I could see that you'd tried yourself but couldn't quite work it out.)
My Lemmings projects

Offline GigaLem

• View Profile
« Reply #128 on: March 24, 2015, 09:18:22 PM »
The readme describes exactly how to do that, as does the tutorial here. Using LemResourceBuilder to make the RES files is part of that.

If you really can't get it working (or can't understand it), send me all your data / music files and I'll put it together for you - but only if you can tell exactly what doesn't work (or what you don't understand), to make clear that you have tried to do it yourself. (Just like how with the music files, I was happy to do them for you because I could see that you'd tried yourself but couldn't quite work it out.)
the problem is
1.All music is in the music folder
2.All DAT files (and p0530) is in data folder
3. i have the .ARC and .RC files
even still i get the fout 5 error
and i cant get the .res file ether
i followed the read me too

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #129 on: March 24, 2015, 09:20:21 PM »
And, GoRC is in the same folder as the resource builder (not the data or music folders, but the main folder that LemResourceBuilder is in)? If it is and you still get this error, send me the files and I'll take a look at it. :)

(Rather than upload all the music files (that I already have), which would take a long time, you can just let me know which ones you're using if you prefer.)
My Lemmings projects

Offline GigaLem

• View Profile
« Reply #130 on: March 24, 2015, 09:23:08 PM »
And, GoRC is in the same folder as the resource builder (not the data or music folders, but the main folder that LemResourceBuilder is in)? If it is and you still get this error, send me the files and I'll take a look at it. :)

(Rather than upload all the music files (that I already have), which would take a long time, you can just let me know which ones you're using if you prefer.)
yes the GoRC is in the same folder (and still the same result)

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #131 on: March 24, 2015, 09:24:20 PM »
Alright. Send me the contents of your Data folder, as well as a list of which musics you're using (and the files for any of them that aren't the default ones or the ones I sent you before) and I'll have a go at it. As you probably already know, you can attach files to PMs on this new board. :)
My Lemmings projects

Offline GigaLem

• View Profile
« Reply #132 on: March 24, 2015, 10:25:12 PM »
sure thing
Besides both the genesis and ohno themes i have
24.Megaman 2 intro (super smash bros 3ds/wiiU)
25.You will know our names (xenoblade chronicles)
26.Live and Learn(Sonic adventure 2)
27.Champion theme (pokemon X&Y)
28.Master core-final form(Super smash bros.)
29-33. Final dreadnought 1-4 (freedom planet)
34.Final Boss Brevon (freedom planet)

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #133 on: March 24, 2015, 10:49:05 PM »
I'll need copies of those music files then, in a compatible format (OGG or IT). VGM format is also acceptable, as I have a tool that can easily convert these to OGGs (with the loop data and all).
My Lemmings projects

Offline GigaLem

• View Profile
« Reply #134 on: March 24, 2015, 11:13:19 PM »
For some reason i try to put the files up i click post
It instead goes to "start new topic"