Author Topic: GigaLems - A project I plan on making  (Read 58988 times)

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
Re: GigaLems - A project I plan on making
« Reply #105 on: March 23, 2015, 08:38:15 PM »
No worries.

As a point of interest, the Genesis tracks (including special graphics levels) + OhNo tracks come to 27 tracks total. If you can find 3 more tracks, then you've got enough for a different track for each level. There's 4 unique tracks in the Master System version, perhaps you could use 3 of those (or 4 of them and remove one of the other tracks). This is, of course, just a suggestion - it's up to you if you do this or not.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2015, 08:44:21 PM by namida »
My Lemmings projects
2D Lemmings: NeoLemmix (engine) | Lemmings Plus Series (level packs) | Doomsday Lemmings (level pack)
3D Lemmings: Loap (engine) | L3DEdit (level / graphics editor) | L3DUtils (replay / etc utility) | Lemmings Plus 3D (level pack)

Offline GigaLem

• The Dog That Brought Lemmings to Avalice
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: March 23, 2015, 08:42:14 PM »
The Cream de la cream of it is if someone could make Genesis remixes of the OHNO tracks and the exclusive tracks from the commodore 64
that and i wish someone could do RSE & FRLG remixes of all the lemmings themes (including the special levels)

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #107 on: March 23, 2015, 08:44:45 PM »
I doubt that's going to happen any time soon (though you never know!). If you would like the Master System ones, here:

Master System OGGs

The unique tracks are #13, #14, #15 and #17. #13 in particular is unique - while the other 3 are (like many Lemmings tracks) based off classical tunes*, #13 seems to be an entirely original composition for the Master System version (and, I must say, a very catchy track). If you've played Lemmings Plus I or Lemmings Plus Omega, you may recognize it as being levels #13 / #30 in the former, and levels #15 / #30 (except Mental 30 and Playtime 15) in the latter.

* Sources:
14 - "Miniature Overture" by Tchaikovsky
15 - "Scotland the Brave"
17 - "Don't Dilly-Dally On The Way"
My Lemmings projects
2D Lemmings: NeoLemmix (engine) | Lemmings Plus Series (level packs) | Doomsday Lemmings (level pack)
3D Lemmings: Loap (engine) | L3DEdit (level / graphics editor) | L3DUtils (replay / etc utility) | Lemmings Plus 3D (level pack)

Offline GigaLem

• View Profile
« Reply #108 on: March 23, 2015, 08:46:20 PM »
I know i have to get the v1.30b versions of it but when i tried to use the resource builder it gave me a fout 5 error

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #109 on: March 23, 2015, 08:49:04 PM »
If it's the resource builder giving that error, it's probably not a matter of needing to update. The resource builder hasn't been changed since V1.27n-B; only the player EXE has been.

Check the following:
- Have you extracted all contents of the Flexi Toolkit into the folder with it? (in particular, is GoRC.exe in the same folder as the resource builder?)
- Are all your IT/OGG folders in a subfolder called "music"?
- Are all your other files (graphic sets, LEVELxxx.DAT, pXXXX/iXXXX.txt, etc) in a subfolder called "data"?

If so, when exactly does this error occur? Is it immediately when you open resource builder, or only when you click one of the buttons? Does it happen on both buttons, or only on one of them? Does the resource builder create the ARC and RC files (but not the RES file), or does it not create anything?
My Lemmings projects

Offline GigaLem

• View Profile
« Reply #110 on: March 23, 2015, 08:54:31 PM »
I must
1.Move the contents out of the extracted folder
&
2.move the IT/OGG files in to the music folder?

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #111 on: March 23, 2015, 08:59:18 PM »
Easiest way is to just extract everything in the toolkit into one folder, seperate from anything else (so not the same folder as you're using to make your game).

Then, you'll want to:

Data folder
Put all your data files in here. By default, the Data folder already contains copies of every graphic set; you can delete ones you aren't using if you want. If you're using any that aren't in there (custom ones, converted Cheapo ones, etc), make sure to add them. Pretty much, every file for your pack that isn't a music file should be in here.

Music folder
Clear out everything that's already in here (unless you're using them - if you don't have your own, you might want to leave frenzy.it and gimmick.it in here). Put all your music files in here.

After doing that, does it work? If not, can you give more details on exactly what happens (see my last post).
My Lemmings projects

Offline GigaLem

• View Profile
« Reply #112 on: March 23, 2015, 09:08:48 PM »
Easiest way is to just extract everything in the toolkit into one folder, seperate from anything else (so not the same folder as you're using to make your game).

Then, you'll want to:

Data folder
Put all your data files in here. By default, the Data folder already contains copies of every graphic set; you can delete ones you aren't using if you want. If you're using any that aren't in there (custom ones, converted Cheapo ones, etc), make sure to add them. Pretty much, every file for your pack that isn't a music file should be in here.

Music folder
Clear out everything that's already in here (unless you're using them - if you don't have your own, you might want to leave frenzy.it and gimmick.it in here). Put all your music files in here.

After doing that, does it work? If not, can you give more details on exactly what happens (see my last post).
Data files as in .DAT if im right

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #113 on: March 23, 2015, 09:09:25 PM »
Mainly, yes, but also any pXXXX.txt / iXXXX.txt files as well. :)
My Lemmings projects

Offline GigaLem

• View Profile
« Reply #114 on: March 23, 2015, 09:15:10 PM »
Mainly, yes, but also any pXXXX.txt / iXXXX.txt files as well. :)
New text document?
im just trying to make sure

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #115 on: March 23, 2015, 09:18:37 PM »
The ones you've made (if any) for pre-level / post-level texts. If you haven't already created them, then yes, new text document is correct.

Pretty much, if you've got a folder where you've got the (non-toolkit) Flexi player working for your pack, you should copy all the music files from it into the "music" folder, and everything else (except the player EXE) into the "data" folder.
My Lemmings projects

Offline GigaLem

• View Profile
« Reply #116 on: March 23, 2015, 09:22:47 PM »
I still get the error

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #117 on: March 23, 2015, 09:30:58 PM »
If so, when exactly does this error occur? Is it immediately when you open resource builder, or only when you click one of the buttons? Does it happen on both buttons, or only on one of them? Does the resource builder create the ARC and RC files (but not the RES file), or does it not create anything?
My Lemmings projects

Offline GigaLem

• View Profile
« Reply #118 on: March 23, 2015, 09:43:18 PM »
When i click the button

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #119 on: March 23, 2015, 09:49:54 PM »
My Lemmings projects