Author Topic: NOTE: Spam from 50+ New Forum Members.  (Read 6688 times)

Offline mobius

• relax.
    • View Profile
Re: NOTE: Spam from 50+ New Forum Members.
« Reply #15 on: December 15, 2014, 10:07:51 PM »
honestly I like the way the other forum is laid out a little better, of course I didn't give it a total look over yet. Having an admin that consistently ignores you is pretty annoying.
[btw, I was referring to Adam, Not Mr. K]
everything by me: https://www.lemmingsforums.net/index.php?topic=5982.msg96035#msg96035

"Not knowing how near the truth is, we seek it far away."
-Hakuin Ekaku

"I have seen a heap of trouble in my life, and most of it has never come to pass" - Mark Twain

Offline Nepster

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 15, 2014, 10:10:57 PM »
Hey, geoo is an admin now and I doubt he will ignore us ;). Congrats geoo! :thumbsup:

Offline geoo

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 15, 2014, 11:16:20 PM »
Well I have means to deal with spammers now, but as I'm not a server admin the things I can do are limited, and if the forum goes down or there's some other hickup I can't do anything about that. I'll try to get hold of the forum content, and to reach Adam somehow.

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #18 on: December 16, 2014, 07:31:20 AM »
Many of you have already found the new link, but for thosr who havent: It'll be posted here when the time is right; if this site goes down before then I'll put the correct link on the NeoLemmix website to ensure you can all find it. Alternatively, check the Lix IRC channel (#lix on QuakeNet).
My Lemmings projects
2D Lemmings: NeoLemmix (engine) | Lemmings Plus Series (level packs) | Doomsday Lemmings (level pack)
3D Lemmings: Loap (engine) | L3DEdit (level / graphics editor) | L3DUtils (replay / etc utility) | Lemmings Plus 3D (level pack)

Offline Minim

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 16, 2014, 07:38:26 AM »
EDIT: I've contacted you, Geoo.  Also I have disabled registrations for now and am deleting ALL members with zero posts.  Should stave off the problem until we can move forward.

I really appreciate everyone's hard work on dealing with this matter, but thanks for doing this particular job, Mr. K. I was about to start a new topic complaining about the large number of members without a post. This really does clean up the members list a lot.
Level Solving Contest creator. Anybody bored and looking for a different challenge? Try these levels!

Neolemmix: #1 #4 #5 #6
Lix: #2  #7
Both Engines: #3

Offline Crane

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 16, 2014, 12:07:44 PM »
What version of SMF does your forum use, Crane?
It isn't even SMF - it's IP.Board.

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #21 on: December 18, 2014, 09:00:47 AM »
Okay, I've finally got a solution that allows me to download a copy of the posts including attachments. I'll be able to add the posts to the new forum; I just need to write something to parse the HTML which will be simple once I actually have the files on my computer (which is in the process of being downloaded as I write this, and yes, attachments are definitely included). My suggestion would be to start using the new one now (the old posts will be there soon enough), and especially avoid new attachments on this one - perhaps use a file hosting service in the meantime if you need to post something here. The posts from this board will be there soon enough.

I've also posted in the Site Talk board over there a topic for finding moderators and administrators for the new board - highest priority will go to current staff members here who are fairly active (ie: Clam, geoo and Proxima) if they're interested; if it seems we need more or any of them aren't interested I can look at adding more later.

I'll still leave it to the mods/admins to make an official announcement about this; but that's my two cents at the current point in time. If you don't have the new link yet but want it, just ask around - there's plenty of people who do have it. Of course if the mods/admins do make any public official announcement I'd expect they'd put the link in that too.

Note to the staff: Please DON'T take down the board until I confirm I've got a 100% up to date copy. If nessecary, disabling posting is fine, as long as reading it and downloading attachments (including as guest) is still possible - in fact doing this might be ideal.

EDIT: At the current point, I have a complete backup I can use of the entire board in its current state (or at least the messages and attachments :P ), except for this edit to this post.
My Lemmings projects
2D Lemmings: NeoLemmix (engine) | Lemmings Plus Series (level packs) | Doomsday Lemmings (level pack)
3D Lemmings: Loap (engine) | L3DEdit (level / graphics editor) | L3DUtils (replay / etc utility) | Lemmings Plus 3D (level pack)