Author Topic: Lemmings Plus Omega (100% complete, now in testing)  (Read 15943 times)

Offline Nepster

• View Profile
Re: Lemmings Plus Omega (63.7% complete) (2nd Demo Available!)
« Reply #30 on: November 28, 2014, 04:06:46 PM »
Here are solutions to Perplexing and Mental (though the Mental solutions might be backroutes).

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
Re: Lemmings Plus Omega (63.7% complete) (2nd Demo Available!)
« Reply #31 on: November 28, 2014, 10:55:48 PM »
DynaLem:
- Perplexing 2: Yes, another backroute, though this one is much easier to fix; I'll just swap one builder for a platformer.
- Mental 1: You're very close to solving this one.

Nepster:
- Perplexing 1: That's the intended solution.
- Perplexing 2: The fall from the cactus was meant to be fatal, that's a major oversight on my part. That being said, this is very very close to the intended way.
- Mental 1: Backroute.
- Mental 2: Backroute too, though this one should be easy to fix.
My Lemmings projects
2D Lemmings: NeoLemmix (engine) | Lemmings Plus Series (level packs) | Doomsday Lemmings (level pack)
3D Lemmings: Loap (engine) | L3DEdit (level / graphics editor) | L3DUtils (replay / etc utility) | Lemmings Plus 3D (level pack)

Offline Wafflem

• View Profile
YouTube: www.tinyurl.com/YTWafflem
Twitch: www.twitch.tv/Wafflem467

Have level designer's block right now? Have some of my incomplete levels for LOTS of ideas!

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
Re: Lemmings Plus Omega (65.2% complete) (2nd Demo Available!)
« Reply #33 on: November 29, 2014, 04:30:02 AM »
A bit different to how I did it, but definitely acceptable. It'll still work on the fixed version (to remove Nepster's backroute) too. :)
My Lemmings projects
2D Lemmings: NeoLemmix (engine) | Lemmings Plus Series (level packs) | Doomsday Lemmings (level pack)
3D Lemmings: Loap (engine) | L3DEdit (level / graphics editor) | L3DUtils (replay / etc utility) | Lemmings Plus 3D (level pack)

Offline Wafflem

• View Profile
Re: Lemmings Plus Omega (70.4% complete) (2nd Demo Available!)
« Reply #34 on: November 30, 2014, 02:46:54 PM »
Here's an attempt replay of Skill Factory from the first demo:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/to0y9rnuzuj3ifc/Mental_02.lrb?dl=0

I'd say this one is one of the hardest Mental levels due to the big level, the pickup skills and the pre-placed permanent skill lemmings.
YouTube: www.tinyurl.com/YTWafflem
Twitch: www.twitch.tv/Wafflem467

Have level designer's block right now? Have some of my incomplete levels for LOTS of ideas!

Offline LJLPM

• View Profile
Re: Lemmings Plus Omega (72.6% complete) (2nd Demo Available!)
« Reply #35 on: December 01, 2014, 05:45:02 PM »
I've just taken a look at Lemmings Plus Omega, and I really enjoyed the fresh contents it brings to Lemmings! Very good work!!! :D
More generally, congratulations for all your work (level packs, NeoLemmix, tools, ...)!!!

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
Re: Lemmings Plus Omega (73.3% complete) (2nd Demo Available!)
« Reply #36 on: December 02, 2014, 05:09:43 AM »
Just reached 100 levels, with the 100th being (if it doesnt get moved) Playtime 4. It's a Sky level using the nuclear bombers gimmick.
My Lemmings projects

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
Re: Lemmings Plus Omega (83.0% complete) (2nd Demo Available!)
« Reply #37 on: December 03, 2014, 10:59:12 PM »
As a point of interest, here's the remaining empty level slots at the moment:

Breezy: 17, 20, 24, 25, 27
Puzzling: 5, 7, 9, 11, 12, 14, 17, 21, 24
Perplexing: 12, 18, 24
Mental: 20, 22
Playtime: 2, 12, 13, 15
My Lemmings projects

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
Re: Lemmings Plus Omega (87.4% complete) (2nd Demo Available!)
« Reply #38 on: December 06, 2014, 03:06:54 AM »
Mental is now finished! :D

Still got to do 3 each for Perplexing and Playtime, and a handful for the first two ranks. I also probably need to revise the level order somewhat in all ranks.
My Lemmings projects

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
Re: Lemmings Plus Omega (88.0% complete) (2nd Demo Available!)
« Reply #39 on: December 06, 2014, 04:51:21 AM »
I've now made the final new gimmick. I think this one will be very interesting indeed...
My Lemmings projects

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
Re: Lemmings Plus Omega (91.9% complete)
« Reply #40 on: December 06, 2014, 09:34:36 AM »
Perplexing and Playtime are both now complete. :D

EDIT: And Breezy too now. Only Puzzling left to go.
My Lemmings projects

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
Re: Lemmings Plus Omega (100% complete, now in testing)
« Reply #41 on: December 07, 2014, 12:56:51 AM »
Development is now complete and the pack is ready to send to testers. :)
My Lemmings projects

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #42 on: December 09, 2014, 12:00:53 PM »
Just to keep everyone updated, so far there have been fixes to 22 levels (4 of which are currently known to need further fixing), and not including those 4, there are 9 more levels that I have listed as needing fixes. Not all of these fixes were to remove backroutes; for example, one was an easy level where the release rate was thought to be too high. This is also not including cases where a level's alteration is simply consequential due to fixes in its repeat, but does include when both have been modified for seperate reasons.

I haven't done any reordering yet, but I have 11 levels listed for potentially being moved, with about a 2 to 1 ratio of too easy to too hard.

Most interestingly, not a single fix (or potential reordering) has come up yet for Playtime, though there is one level where I'm expecting that something will probably come up after further testing (just because it's quite complex).
My Lemmings projects

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #43 on: December 15, 2014, 02:24:42 AM »
Well, I was right about that Playtime level. That aside, fewer and fewer backroutes are coming up now - someone we all know to be VERY good at finding them played through all of Perplexing and found only 3 unintended solutions, one of which I saw no point in fixing as it was far more obscure than the intended one. Mental had 6 as of the latest update (two of which were in the same level and could both be fixed with the same alteration) which is also a major improvement.
My Lemmings projects

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #44 on: December 17, 2014, 05:29:43 AM »
Well, in the latest updates, only two backroutes came up, both in levels that have been problematic to the point I'm not sure how much I can be bothered doing with them and may just leave them as-is and swap them with earlier levels.

I've just sent off to the testers the first version that has some level reordering, I'd say public release is very close now. :) Especially since it's getting close to Christmas, I'd like to get it out very soon, so likely I'll release it in the next few days even if there isn't much more feedback - I can always do a post-release update or two if need be, though hopefully it won't need many.

I'm going to reveal one of the other new gimmicks now (at least in described form); I'll spoiler tag it for those who don't want to ruin the surprise.

It's called the "Zombie gimmick". Some pre-placed lemmings (the engine also supports entire trapdoors having this, though none of the levels with this gimmick use it) are zombies, which have a darker and greenish-tinged skin; the zombies cannot be assigned skills and cannot use exits, but otherwise behave like normal lemmings. If they come in contact with a non-zombie lemming, that lemming also becomes a zombie - and if you're not careful, this contagiousness can take over an entire crowd in only a few frames. Just to be clear, although zombies cannot be assigned skills, if they're performing a skill when they get converted, they will continue performing it; they also retain any permanent skills they have. There are two levels using this gimmick.
My Lemmings projects