Author Topic: SuperLemmini 0.104a  (Read 171563 times)

Offline Tsyu

• View Profile
Re: SuperLemmini 0.104
« Reply #300 on: March 31, 2020, 03:46:46 AM »
For those of you (as well as me) who prefer having bomber timers, no directional selection, and such, I have been thinking of adding a difficulty selection that toggles these behaviors: an "Original" mode that enables bomber timers and disables directional selection, skill assignment while paused, frame-stepping, rewinding (if it's ever implemented), builder/digger/bomber guides (ditto), and maybe resuming from replays; and another mode (which I haven't named yet; perhaps "Normal" or "Easy") that behaves like how SuperLemmini currently does. I think the latter mode will be the default unless you guys prefer the "Original" mode.

P.S. Whilst there are a few SL peeps active on here at the mo, does anyone know what this button does?

As others have determined, yes, that button disables vertical scrolling. I implemented it because Lemmings 2 also has that control (albeit only on the keyboard; it's the S key). If it would reduce confusion, I can remove that button for levels that don't feature vertical scrolling (which is almost all levels).

Also it would be nice if you added ohaya lemming san level from the SNES Version since you have some other levels already there from like the amiga set and dos' vacation in gemland.
I'll add it and the Sunsoft levels if I can extract them directly from the ROM. (I managed to do it with the Genesis version but not the SNES version. I think the SNES version's levels are compressed.)

(And yes, I will eventually include the Genesis levels with SuperLemmini rather than provide them as a separate download.)
« Last Edit: March 31, 2020, 03:56:48 AM by Tsyu »

Offline WillLem

• Unity isn't sameness, it's togetherness
    • View Profile
« Reply #301 on: March 31, 2020, 06:55:33 AM »
For those of you (as well as me) who prefer having bomber timers, no directional selection, and such, I have been thinking of adding a difficulty selection that toggles these behaviors: an "Original" mode... and another mode... that behaves like how SuperLemmini currently does.

Thanks for the reply Tsyu. A difficulty selection is a great idea and it's similar to an idea I've had previously; I'm sure it would be a welcome feature for a lot of players. 8-)

Will you also provide the opportunity to toggle individual behaviours on and off as well? Or are you thinking it would be better to simply toggle everything either on or off?

I'd probably suggest the former be available from the Options menu for those that want to tailor their experience more specifically, whilst the more general difficulty option you've suggested be available from the main menu screen, and/or even in-game via a hotkey.

Either way, it's really great to know that this is being considered.

As others have determined, yes, that button disables vertical scrolling... If it would reduce confusion, I can remove that button for levels that don't feature vertical scrolling (which is almost all levels).

Thanks for clarifying. This sounds good: I'd definitely vote for removing the button when it's not needed, if possible. :thumbsup:

Offline LanaAndCo

• V2.0 Update : Online reactivation
    • View Profile
« Reply #302 on: March 31, 2020, 04:04:06 PM »
So if this button exist, is there actually a way to make vertical levels in SuperLemmini?

Offline Ron_Stard

• View Profile
« Reply #303 on: March 31, 2020, 04:24:15 PM »
Is there any chance to include more levels by default in the new version? I was thinking of Mazulems and Lemmings 2 Classic Tribe.

Offline WillLem

• View Profile
« Reply #304 on: March 31, 2020, 08:09:41 PM »
So if this button exist, is there actually a way to make vertical levels in SuperLemmini?

If you use NeoLemmix Editor 1.43n-C (there's a permalink to it on this page), you can by all means make vertical levels.

Open the editor and press F10 to open the level properties window, then change the second "Size" value to however many pixels high you want your level to be. I've attached a quick test level I made just now called Only Floaters Can Survive This 2 which is 640 wide by 800 high. I can confirm that it works in the latest version of SuperLemmini.

Let me know when you've made a level and I'll give it a playthrough! :lemcat:

Offline LanaAndCo

• View Profile
« Reply #305 on: March 31, 2020, 09:47:35 PM »
I already use NeoLemmix to correct my levels (I had made them entirely with jLevelBuilder before the 0.104 SuperLemmini update). The problem is that when I play a level that can scroll vertically, it crashes. So I always thought that these types of levels were exclusive for NeoLemmix.

I've taken a screenshot of the error.

Thank you for your help! :cute:

Offline WillLem

• View Profile
« Reply #306 on: March 31, 2020, 11:11:51 PM »
The problem is that when I play a level that can scroll vertically, it crashes. So I always thought that these types of levels were exclusive for NeoLemmix.

I've taken a screenshot of the error.

Thank you for your help! :cute:

No problem, thanks for sending the screenshot. I get the same error, but only when I actually click the minimap. If you hover your mouse pointer over the arrows at the top and bottom of the minimap, it should scroll.

This is most likely to be a bug; I've now reported it as a separate topic.

Have you got some levels in LVL or INI format currently? I'd like to see them if you don't mind sharing. :lemcat:

Offline LanaAndCo

• View Profile
« Reply #307 on: March 31, 2020, 11:30:20 PM »
Oh thanks, I didn't even knew about that!

Sorry, the level pack I'm making at the moment is in a very early state, so I can't share it now.
But if you are really interested, I'll publish a demo with the basic levels in it when they'll be finished.

Offline Tsyu

• View Profile
« Reply #308 on: April 01, 2020, 12:07:19 AM »
I just now tracked down the problem and fixed it. (The crash occurs when the level is narrower than the game window, not when the level has vertical scrolling.) I will have an updated version out shortly.

Offline Tsyu

• View Profile
Re: SuperLemmini 0.104a
« Reply #309 on: April 01, 2020, 12:56:26 AM »
Version 0.104a has been released to fix the crashing that LanaAndCo has been experiencing.

• Fixed a crash that occurs when the minimap is clicked while the game window is wider than the level.

Offline ericderkovits

• View Profile
« Reply #310 on: April 01, 2020, 01:19:08 AM »
Thanks, I downloaded it already and extracted it. thanks

Offline WillLem

• View Profile
« Reply #311 on: April 01, 2020, 09:21:47 AM »
the level pack I'm making at the moment is in a very early state, so I can't share it now.
But if you are really interested, I'll publish a demo with the basic levels in it when they'll be finished.

Sounds good - but, I totally understand if you'd rather wait until the pack is finished before sharing! Let me know if you need someone to playtest it for backroutes/general feedback.

Offline WillLem

• View Profile
« Reply #312 on: April 01, 2020, 09:30:44 AM »
Version 0.104a has been released to fix the crashing that LanaAndCo has been experiencing.

• Fixed a crash that occurs when the minimap is clicked while the game window is wider than the level.

Thanks Tsyu, I can confirm that the crash no longer occurs.

Offline LanaAndCo

• View Profile
« Reply #313 on: April 01, 2020, 10:59:05 AM »
It works! Thanks a lot Tsyu!
« Last Edit: November 19, 2021, 06:40:42 PM by LanaAndCo »

Offline Dr. Boogang

• View Profile
« Reply #314 on: August 26, 2020, 03:47:11 PM »
It doesn't work for me. When I extract it it gives me an error that says

"Resource extraction failed. File gfx\blink.spr not found"

I don't know what to do someone help please. ???