Author Topic: SuperLemmini 0.104a  (Read 172698 times)

Online kaywhyn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: SuperLemmini 0.104a
« Reply #315 on: August 26, 2020, 04:03:10 PM »
Hey Dr. Boogang,

The reason the extraction is failing is because you also need a copy of the Winlem files. Both Lemmini and Superlemmini require these files in order to run. You can download a copy here: https://www.lemmingsforums.net/index.php?topic=2101.0. It's the 3rd link where it says Lemmings for Windows. Extract the files somewhere on your computer. Then, when you run the Superlemmini.jar file, when it asks where the source is, that's where you want to navigate to where you extracted the Lemmings for Windows files.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCPMqwuqZ206rBWJrUC6wkrA - My YouTube channel and you can also find my playlists of Lemmings level packs that I have LPed
kaywhyn's blog: https://www.lemmingsforums.net/index.php?topic=5363.0

Offline Dr. Boogang

• View Profile
« Reply #316 on: August 26, 2020, 06:25:35 PM »
It worked! thanks a lot! :thumbsup:

Online kaywhyn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #317 on: August 26, 2020, 06:36:45 PM »
Glad to be of assistance. Enjoy revisiting the game with the many packs available for the engine! :)
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCPMqwuqZ206rBWJrUC6wkrA - My YouTube channel and you can also find my playlists of Lemmings level packs that I have LPed

Offline ericderkovits

• View Profile
« Reply #318 on: August 26, 2020, 06:54:03 PM »
Yes especially mine. I have official remakes just look under levels for other engines. You will see my uploads for many of the original remakes made for Superlemmini.

Also I've done many Conversions of custom packs from Regular Lemmini, now availaible for Superlemmini. Those are just listed in the Superlemmini main board.

Online kaywhyn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #319 on: August 26, 2020, 07:40:47 PM »
Be aware that custom level packs are generally more difficult than the official games. However, if you're willing to look into playing custom level packs, especially with eric's remakes and conversions to Superlemmini, I recommend beginning with Dovelems. It has a really nice difficulty curve from start to finish, and is generally easy throughout, although there's still a few real nailbiters, especially in the later ranks. It was the very first custom level pack I played when I found out about Lemmini.

I can also recommend Dodochacalo's other mini packs too: Franlems, Dodopack, and Cachapack. The former is a pack of 40 levels entirely in French (I believe eric translated it all to English when he converted the pack to Superlemmini), while the latter packs are each 10 levels (20 levels total). These 3 packs are more difficult than his Dovelems pack, but they should still be manageable. Pimolems is another well done pack that's slightly harder than Dovelems, although I say the real difficulty starts at the third rank and stays high until the end of the 4th rank. The remaining ranks are special ranks and a bonus rank.

Then, if you're still willing to tackle even more packs and looking for a real challenge, Reunion is a highly regarded pack that has a nice difficulty curve throughout that's considerably harder than all the packs I mentioned in the previous paragraphs. The pack gets difficult much faster than the original game does. It already starts getting difficult near the end of the first rank. After the other packs I mentioned, this was and still is the largest custom pack I have ever completed, at a total of 150 levels. Also, all the packs I mentioned, including Reunion, I first completed on Lemmini. Reunion took me about 3 months to complete. Definitely not for the faint of heart or for the easily frustrated, but if you're willing to take on the pack, it's readily available for download.

These are all just suggestions, of course. You're more than welcome to start with the harder packs first, but if it's been a really long time since you last played Lemmings (I don't know your history, so I don't know how long it's been since you last played the game or if you have played any custom level packs), I would definitely start with the official games (Lemmings, ONML, Holiday Lemmings, etc) first, followed by Dovelems if you want to play custom level packs. Even without brushing up on the official games first, I say that it's still viable to start with Dovelems, as it does ease you into the game again with tutorial levels for the 8 classic skills, followed by easy puzzles.

I've played and completed all of the packs I mentioned, so that's why I'm able to offer my views on the difficulty of each. In any case, there's so many level packs to play and enjoy that it'll take a long time to get through them all. What's more, more are being made all the time, both from the veteran players and new, so the amount of content continues to grow all the time.   
« Last Edit: August 26, 2020, 07:56:42 PM by kaywhyn »

Offline ericderkovits

• View Profile
« Reply #320 on: August 26, 2020, 08:51:34 PM »
You forgot to mentioned the Sublems pack I just uploaded with the 4 new backroute fixes in the Hellish Rank. (I also uploaded in the Sublems board the .rar file that contains all the levels
including the backroute fixes and the new Retro 20.ini I made. Also the .rar file contains all the new unbroken replays). Just look in the Superlemmini board under Sublems. It's the last post.
Note: after downloading Colorful arty's Sublems pack. Just extract my sublems .rar file over his, this way everything will work.

Also There is Colorful Arty's Reverse Lemmings Pack available in the Superlemmini board too.

Online kaywhyn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #321 on: August 26, 2020, 09:08:41 PM »
I did mention that "there's many packs for Superlemmini." The packs I mentioned were ones I remembered off the top of my head and ones I feel are good for any player to begin with, especially if the person is new or is rusty. My intention wasn't to list every pack available for Superlemmini (too many to list). Also, you kind of already had it covered when you mentioned for him to look under the "levels for other engines" and Superlemmini board, so any packs I didn't mention he could just look in those two places anyway.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2020, 09:19:17 PM by kaywhyn »

Offline Tsyu

• View Profile
« Reply #322 on: May 07, 2021, 07:51:33 AM »
Just so you guys know, I am alive and well, and I have not officially given up on SuperLemmini! Admittedly, though, I have done little with the project since I last wrote here.

The main thing I want to implement before releasing the next version is the oft-requested controls customization. I already implemented a lookup system that accepts key codes and returns the action assigned to that key code. The main thing that's left is to implement a dialog window that allows the user to change the key bindings.

I haven't read any recent posts yet; I intend to do that over the next few days and address them.

Online kaywhyn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #323 on: May 07, 2021, 08:02:36 AM »
Just so you guys know, I am alive and well, and I have not officially given up on SuperLemmini! Admittedly, though, I have done little with the project since I last wrote here.

So good to finally hear from you! :thumbsup: I guess my PM from about a night ago did indeed get through to you. Thanks for the update and letting all of us here know that you're alive and kicking :)

Offline ericderkovits

• View Profile
« Reply #324 on: May 07, 2021, 08:43:34 AM »
OMG, what a nice surprise, finally hearing from Tsyu.

Offline LanaAndCo

• V2.0 Update : Online reactivation
    • View Profile
« Reply #325 on: May 07, 2021, 12:01:18 PM »
That's a very good thing to see when waking up! :D
I'm glad to hear that you're all right. Not gonna lie, I though you abandoned the project after your long absence and we got a bit scared that SuperLemmini was going to be left behind.

Offline WillLem

• Unity isn't sameness, it's togetherness
    • View Profile
« Reply #326 on: May 08, 2021, 02:21:18 AM »
Just so you guys know, I am alive and well, and I have not officially given up on SuperLemmini!

Music! Glad to hear it, and glad to know you're well :thumbsup:

The main thing I want to implement before releasing the next version is the oft-requested controls customization.
---
I haven't read any recent posts yet; I intend to do that over the next few days and address them.

Brilliant stuff. I've made quite a sizable wish list which compiles most if not all of the various features SL players have mentioned they'd like to see in the game. It'd be great to know which of these are possible/likely, and just your thoughts in general.

I've also been learning Java for the past few months, on and off, and I've made small but significant progress in that time. I'm very keen to learn more, so if you'd like any help with a particular task or something that you think a beginner could have a look at, please do let me know.

Anyway, whatever happens, it's good to have you back on the forums, Tsyu! :lemcat:

Offline jkapp76

• View Profile
« Reply #327 on: May 10, 2021, 02:44:53 AM »
What do I need to name the Newer Replay icon to replace it with my own?
...Jeremy Kapp

Offline Tsyu

• View Profile
« Reply #328 on: May 10, 2021, 04:46:43 AM »
The file name for the replay icon is icon_restart (along with the appropriate extension). It should be placed in the gfx\icons folder.

Offline WillLem

• Unity isn't sameness, it's togetherness
    • View Profile
« Reply #329 on: May 10, 2021, 08:30:00 AM »
Unless you mean the "R" symbol which appears in the top right when in Replay mode, in which case it should be placed in gfx\misc, with replay as the file name.