Author Topic: Posting times when playing lix including multi  (Read 9673 times)

Offline insulfrog

• View Profile
Posting times when playing lix including multi
« on: January 13, 2014, 11:06:52 PM »
I have been discussing with Clam is that not many people play multiplayer. The idea that I had in mind is if we post times when we most likely to play lix (especially multiplayer), then it might be possible to advertise a general time slot when multiplayer games are most likely to take place. Then if we advertise something big, then it has to be in that general time slot. Otherwise we have people at totally different times according to timezones won't get a chance to multiplay with other lix players.

In effort to increase multiplayer activity, I would like to ask if we post times when we play lix, especially multiplayer so we got a better idea the best time slot for multiplayer. Please post your times and the timezone you are based at and please note times during daylight savings as well, as that will help too during summer months especially those from the UK. Use http://www.timeanddate.com/time/map/ to help you with timezones. I will start: -

My best times so far for lix multiplay has been from 8pm to midnight GMT and 8pm to midnight BST (GMT+1) during UK daylight savings time.

Offline Proxima

• View Profile
Re: Posting times when playing lix including multi
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2014, 11:16:31 PM »
Good idea. As for me, 8pm to 2am is best, especially midnight to 2am as that's when I'm too tired to be productive and need to relax  :P

Offline Clam

• Smiley: :8():
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2014, 01:59:55 AM »
We've had some good sessions lately between 2000-0200 GMT.

My usual preferred time is actually 0500-0900 GMT, but I don't expect many to be around then :)

Offline Simon

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Lix
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2014, 03:09:50 AM »
Most probable time for me is from 20 through 23 UTC (= GMT up to leap seconds or so), but not every day, and often sitting in the channel while doing other work.

-- Simon

Offline Clam

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2014, 08:59:49 PM »
Seems like everyone so far agrees on 20:00 GMT as a start time. Incidentally, our first big L++ session also started at 20:00, though IIRC that was just the other side of Daylight Saving time.

This makes sense, since in most English-speaking places it's daytime, or at least not too late at night (Australia is a possible exception as it's early morning there).

Offline mobius

• relax.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2014, 11:39:07 PM »
the time we usually play is fine for me, though I'm kind of surprised at that since it's evening for me but way early or middle of the night for everybody else. I'm probably available to play whenever I'm on chat.

Don't count on me to always play however, I dont... like it *that* much.  I have to be in a certain mood to play and it seems to lose it's value quickly especially If I play several nights in a row. Mutiplayer games tire me out for some reason. And I'm not at all inclined to "practice" a lot to get really good.
everything by me: https://www.lemmingsforums.net/index.php?topic=5982.msg96035#msg96035

"Not knowing how near the truth is, we seek it far away."
-Hakuin Ekaku

"I have seen a heap of trouble in my life, and most of it has never come to pass" - Mark Twain

Offline Clam

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2014, 02:54:38 AM »
We've had some decent games in the last few days, and it looks like we'll get even more people on tomorrow, so I'll put this out there for anyone who might be interested.

We're hoping to organise a big session for tomorrow (Friday evening / Saturday morning), starting about 2100 GMT. If you're keen, just show up on the central server about this time; I should be around at least. If tomorrow's no good, we can try the day after.

If you're new to Lix, don't worry - we can put you on a team with an experienced player :)

See Basic Info and Download link if you don't have the game. We have an IRC chat too :)

Don't count on me to always play however, I dont... like it *that* much  :-[  I have to be in a certain mood to play and it seems to lose it's value quickly especially If I play several nights in a row. Mutiplayer games tire me out for some reason. And I'm not at all inclined to "practice" a lot to get really good.

I feel exactly the same way. But I had a nice long (several months) break from it, so I'm feeling up for it for now at least :)

Offline Minim

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 17, 2014, 06:13:52 AM »
Unlike some people I'm more of an early riser than a late-nighter, so that means I'm around all morning (From around the 0600 GMT range), and I'm only just starting to go further than 11:00PM (2300 GMT). Still, I hope to be there too, but also I must remind myself to update to the latest version of Lix.
Level Solving Contest creator. Anybody bored and looking for a different challenge? Try these levels!

Neolemmix: #1 #4 #5 #6
Lix: #2  #7
Both Engines: #3

Offline RubiX

• Amiga <3 The memories
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 17, 2014, 05:24:11 PM »
Oh good.  Lix activity is back. 
i'll start showing up in IRC again.

(btw im west coast Canada)  Basically 8 hours behind most of europe

Offline Clam

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 17, 2014, 09:12:51 PM »
Session is starting now, let's see how many will roll in! :party:

edit: Session has ended, we got up to 7 players, wow!

Offline mobius

• relax.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 25, 2014, 11:00:18 PM »
did interest suddenly die again? I'd like to experience a 7 player game at least once.
everything by me: https://www.lemmingsforums.net/index.php?topic=5982.msg96035#msg96035

-Hakuin Ekaku

"I have seen a heap of trouble in my life, and most of it has never come to pass" - Mark Twain

Offline Proxima

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 26, 2014, 01:20:02 AM »
Let's see if we can organise an 8-player session for Friday 7th, 8pm GMT  8)  Post here if you can make it... if we get 7 other people (as well as me), I promise to make 8P versions of Diagonal Parts 3 and 4 in time for the session!

Offline Simon

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Lix
« Reply #12 on: January 26, 2014, 01:45:20 AM »
Joining for 8 players on Friday 7th, 20:00 UTC!

-- Simon

Offline mobius

• relax.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 26, 2014, 02:00:46 AM »
I'll join.

wow, Feburary 7th already, how did January go by so fast?  :o

-Hakuin Ekaku

Offline Clam

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 26, 2014, 02:18:16 AM »
Post here if you can make it
*posts*