Other Lemmings Projects > Other Projects

jLevelBuilder 1.88 (june, 9th 2021)

(1/52) > >>

LJLPM:
*** jLevelBuilder has been released on October, 5th, 2013 ***
*** direct download link: here ***

*** for help, please refer to this post ***

Hi,

I've started to code a Lemmings clone in Java: dev is far from being finished (I code the game in my spare time), but things are going well.
But, in order to have a nice game, I quickly realized that I needed a tool to easily create levels: so I'm now focused on coding the level-editor (Java) : things are going well, too.
The level-editor will be a free app, so people who like the game will be able to create and share levels.

Here's a screenshot of the level-editor (WIP):
(selected items have a yellow border)

- screenshot of upcoming jLevelBuilder 1.79 (WIP@april 2016) :

(*** old forum's topic ***)

Mindless:
Neat.  Will it load Lemmini level files?  Lemmini is Java too, but it doesn't have a Java level editor.

mobius:
it looks awesome!

aw man, are you open to discussion about it? Because there are a ton of things I'd ask for or recommend be considered. Now, people have a much better idea of what we (avid Lemmings players) like and don't like as far as game mechanics.

didn't read the other post you just made. Yes I get excited...

in any case, I hope this turns out well! 

Minim:
I'd take Mindless and mobius' words as well. I like the interface (I think that's what it's called), with every option appearing on the same program unlike the Lemmix level editor which requires you to press functional keys to make them appear. Also, we've never seen options where you can choose level numbers and passwords; that's certainly a unique feature. Good luck creating your program!

Simon:
geoo and me discussed this a little in voicechat, here's the essence:

* We will at the very least passively follow this. :-)
* Everything should be freely mappable to user-definable hotkeys. The Lix editor allows this, and one grows very accustomed to such things...
* Everything should also be accessible without hotkeys, to make the interface explorable. This seems to be done well already, as minimac noted.
* You will probably implement your own custom file format, since you allow to mirror horizontally and seem to detect steel pixel-perfectly by terrain piece numbers, not by independently settable steel areas. An exporting function to the widely used .LVL format would be nice. It doesn't matter if the result needs to be finalized in another editor for steel areas etc. This is of lower priority now, but will get important once people have mastered the editor.-- Simon

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version