Author Topic: Lemmings Level Jam - #1  (Read 31621 times)

Offline geoo

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Lemmings Level Jam - #1 - LET THE JAMMING BEGIN
« Reply #60 on: April 23, 2013, 06:22:08 AM »
Yeah, I think the voting phase is overdue, but let's wait for Adam for a little longer.

Note: My submission is Lemmings Sound System, not Land of Linebreaks.
LSS wasn't actually supposed to be a hard level, I guess it's just too annoying a level so no-one wants to try too hard.

Meanwhile, I've solved all the latest versions of the levels (attached).
Clam's levels looks like there's all kinds of neat techniques to try which keeps you busy, and then the eventual solution idea is deceptively simple. Really nice one.
Pieuw's level simply looks stunning. And the solution was fun to figure too. Though it turned out slightly simpler than some of the stuff I tried while looking for a solution.
I recognized where the title Crysilis is from, at first I thought it's just one of those no-builder techniques levels like I've made two before, but skill distribution makes this a lot more interesting.
Mazeochism, saved on more than required. Start done only slightly differently this time due to lack of bombers.
Electric Factory, basically the same solution as before, but saving two more than required this time.
Miracle Freezly also similar solution as before.

Offline Clam

• Smiley: :8():
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: April 23, 2013, 06:49:03 AM »
Meanwhile, I've solved all the latest versions of the levels (attached).
Clam's levels looks like there's all kinds of neat techniques to try which keeps you busy, and then the eventual solution idea is deceptively simple. Really nice one.

This is the intended solution, well done and thanks for the comment :)

Offline mobius

• relax.
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: June 03, 2013, 03:09:35 AM »
can I use any of these levels for the Community Levelpack?

I'll PM anybody I need to, to ask them for a final version. Right now, I'm only interested in Switchback Symmetry, Utopia and Land of Line-breaks. (Although I'm not sure RR over 99 work in Lemmini, it could go in the bonus rating as we do have a level sort of similar to this already) Is the RR absolutely necessary?

oh yeah, and uh... ya know.. what happened?  ???
everything by me: https://www.lemmingsforums.net/index.php?topic=5982.msg96035#msg96035

"Not knowing how near the truth is, we seek it far away."
-Hakuin Ekaku

"I have seen a heap of trouble in my life, and most of it has never come to pass" - Mark Twain

Offline Minim

• View Profile
« Reply #63 on: June 03, 2013, 07:46:00 AM »
Hey, I'd like to see my Electric Factory level up on the Community pack if you don't mind. I've patched it up a little to avoid any further backroutes. Here's my second (and final) version.
Level Solving Contest creator. Anybody bored and looking for a different challenge? Try these levels!

Neolemmix: #1 #4 #5 #6
Lix: #2  #7
Both Engines: #3

Offline mobius

• relax.
    • View Profile
Re: Lemmings Level Jam - #1 - TIME TO VOTE!
« Reply #64 on: November 16, 2013, 10:10:36 PM »
as per suggestion by geoo, I'm going to end this contest. So all who were involved or anyone else who'd like to participate, please do:

-Level submission is over.
-Solving is over. Unless you're happy with the final version of your level uploaded here, please upload the final version now (here in this topic don't send me a PM).

-Please, upload the intended solution to your (final version) of your level in a post here (forum doesn't allow attachments to PMs). The voting will be based on these.

Scoring
3 categories:

Most original level
    Best looking level
    Most fun level

Voting
Stealth edit: you can rate every level - give each level a rating between 1 and 10 in each category. 1 is the lowest score, 10 is the highest score. You must vote for every level in this Jam. The level with the highest combined score wins! If a level is tied all parties will win! Unless somebody wants to suggest a way to break the tie.

Submit your votes in a PM to me. As said above, anyone can vote even if you haven't entered a level for the jam. Please, give a vote for every level.

----------------------

Please correct me for mistakes:

These are the levels (not including any info about versions):

Clam Spammer - Switchback Symmetry
Akseli - Crysilis
minimac - Electric Factory
geoo - Lemming Sound System
Insane Steve - Mazeochism
mobius - pillars of creation
Luis - Miracle Freezly
Pieuw - Utopia

attached is a zip folder of everything that was uploaded in this thread. To make is easy for anybody that wants to get that, if they lost previously downloaded material for example.

-------
@minimac: I will consider your level for the next community pack. It was too late for this one sorry.
everything by me: https://www.lemmingsforums.net/index.php?topic=5982.msg96035#msg96035

-Hakuin Ekaku

"I have seen a heap of trouble in my life, and most of it has never come to pass" - Mark Twain

Offline Clam

• Smiley: :8():
    • View Profile
Re: Lemmings Level Jam - #1 - TIME TO VOTE!
« Reply #65 on: November 17, 2013, 07:27:59 AM »
Oh wow, I forgot this even existed - including my own submission! :D I did remember how to solve my level at least :P

Here's a replay (attached). The level file is attached up the way somewhere (v4)

Offline Pieuw

• View Profile
« Reply #66 on: November 17, 2013, 12:52:14 PM »
Hey! :)

Here's the last version of Utopia (which you typoed by the way) and the intended solution.
Now I'll have to take another look at these levels, it's been a while! ;P

Offline geoo

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Lemmings Level Jam - #1
« Reply #67 on: November 17, 2013, 05:11:26 PM »
Here's the solution to my level:

Offline Akseli

• View Profile
« Reply #68 on: November 18, 2013, 06:11:23 PM »
I'm still a bit unwilling to both if I want to watch a solution for a level I haven't solved or if someone watches a solution for my level without solving it at first. :-\ Some people voted in the previous contest for some levels in the fun category although they hadn't solved them, I guess that's some kind of an option, too. Though I understand that all about in this level jam is the levels, not about how many levels has everyone solved etc.

Any deadline for the voting phase? Also, it'll be important that everyone who has submitted a level also votes for every level and in every category - if not, then there'll be some score loss punishments? :P Same for those who didn't submit a level but want to vote, they need to vote for all eight levels in all three categories (so that no level would benefit more than others), does this make any sense? :P

The original solution for Crysilis attached.

Offline geoo

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: November 18, 2013, 06:28:46 PM »
Well, I suppose instead of adding up all the scores one could just take the average. Then it doesn't matter that much how many people provided a score for a level. Or have authors rate their own level (though if I had to rate my level, it'd probably get a very low fun score).

Offline mobius

• relax.
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: November 18, 2013, 10:19:20 PM »
those are good points. If averages make it better (I think not that many people will vote...) I'll go with that.

------
Another much simpler way: Everybody just picks 1 level as winner in the 3 categories. You may vote for your own level. (I certainly won't be voting for my own level  ;P )

a note about my own level: It's final version has backroutes and it will have to stay that way. I will try to upload the intended solution sometime. Honestly I wasn't happy with any part of this level at all shortly after entering it... but nothing to do about that now.

-Hakuin Ekaku

Offline geoo

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: November 21, 2013, 06:25:15 AM »
Alright, I entered my votes. I might give some commentary once the results are out.

Yeah, I definitely suggest to just average the scores. That way people can even leave out levels if they want to, and it doesn't matter too much whether all the authors participate in the voting or not.

And yeah, you should decide on a deadline.

Another much simpler way: Everybody just picks 1 level as winner in the 3 categories. You may vote for your own level. (I certainly won't be voting for my own level  ;P )
I think that's a very bad idea, very little chance to differentiate between individual levels, and wouldn't solve the issue at hand anyway.

Offline Pieuw

• View Profile
« Reply #72 on: November 21, 2013, 09:23:22 AM »
I think that's a very bad idea, very little chance to differentiate between individual levels, and wouldn't solve the issue at hand anyway.

Oops, I just did that. I guess I'll have to vote again then :P

Offline mobius

• relax.
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: November 21, 2013, 09:52:56 PM »
okay then the deadline shall be....  a week from now? Two weeks? Or should it be more like a month?  :-\

current deadline: November 28

Somebody yell at InsaneSteve and others to vote on IRC or something  :P

----------------------
Scoring
3 categories:

Most original level
    Best looking level
    Most fun level

Voting
Stealth edit: you can rate every level - give each level a rating between 1 and 10 in each category. 1 is the lowest score, 10 is the highest score. Score averages will be taken to decide the winner. If a level is tied all parties will win! Unless somebody wants to suggest a way to break the tie.

Submit your votes in a PM to me. As said above, anyone can vote even if you haven't entered a level for the jam. Try to give a vote for every level you can [except your own].

These are the levels (not including any info about versions):

Clam Spammer - Switchback Symmetry
Akseli - Crysilis
minimac - Electric Factory
geoo - Lemming Sound System
Insane Steve - Mazeochism
mobius - pillars of creation
Luis - Miracle Freezly
Pieuw - Utopia

-Hakuin Ekaku

Offline Akseli

• View Profile
« Reply #74 on: November 22, 2013, 06:03:21 PM »
Voted. I didn't vote for my own level, did some people really do that, too? I'm not a fan of that idea. :b
I also want to comment every level more detailed after the results. :P

Here's my Switchback Symmetry v4 solution. Still didn't find other solution than this glitchy one. :-\

And yes, I've also been already for a while in a good mood for next full level design contest. :P