Author Topic: New Stuff!  (Read 6174 times)

Offline Adam

• Just one more level....
    • View Profile
    • Lemmings Forums
New Stuff!
« on: March 14, 2013, 05:49:14 PM »
Hey all!

I've got a few updates for you all!

Firstly: Following Simon's suggestions, Geoo & Clam Spammer have Global Moderator status. This is subject to their acceptance, but I'm perfectly happy for those two people (and anyone else who volunteers and the consensus is that they'd make a good moderator) to moderate the forums.

Secondly: I'm installing a gallery to make it easier for you all to upload images. It's still very bare, but it works - find it at http://www.lemmingsforums.com/gallery

Thirdly: I've upped the security for new registrations for the time being. After the recent spam attacks, I've set every member to require manual activation. I also found out that email activation was disabled, so this has been re-enabled.

Fourthly: Mr. K is going to be upgrading the forum software at some point soon, so expect some downtime whilst this is happening.

And finally: The Lemmings Encyclopedia made the 15,000th post on this forum! So, well done to him.

In more personal news, I've been able to get the next couple of months off to rest up after my latest battles with anaemia (amongst other things), so I'll be able to dedicate more time to this site.

Offline Minim

• View Profile
Re: New Stuff!
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2013, 07:56:01 PM »
Hey. Thank you for adding more moderators here, even though this forum is smaller than many of the others around. :thumbsup: I think that both Clam Spammer and geoo have some of the best attitudes for a moderator (Calm and Patient).

I updated the 15000th post on the old postal news thread without actually noticing this new thread! :D Anyway, I'm excited about looking for these new features such as the gallery and the forum software upgrade. So keep up the good work!
Level Solving Contest creator. Anybody bored and looking for a different challenge? Try these levels!

Neolemmix: #1 #4 #5 #6
Lix: #2  #7
Both Engines: #3

Offline Clam

• Smiley: :8():
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2013, 06:34:03 AM »
Thanks much for the promotion, it's an honour. And congrats geoo, you've certainly earned yours.

And heck, a postcount milestone on top of it all! This is surely one of the most eventful weeks in LF history 8)

One question: Is the gallery supposed to replace the /resources page as a file repository? Or is it only able to take image files?

Offline Adam

• View Profile
    • Lemmings Forums
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2013, 03:58:47 PM »
Eventually, I want to get a file upload system in place, as well as the gallery.. I believe the gallery can accept some video formats as well as images, but don't quote me on that.

Offline Simon

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Lix
« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2013, 07:10:30 PM »
You can link the forum accounts with the gallery (howto).

-- Simon

Offline Mr. K

• Former admin, always Lemmings fan
    • View Profile
    • Wafflenet
« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2013, 08:26:49 PM »
Well, it looks like the update went well.  Not seeing any problems.  Huzzah, we're not two years behind any more!

Also, since it wasn't really used much, I merged the news forum with this one.

Offline Adam

• View Profile
    • Lemmings Forums
« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2013, 08:35:42 PM »
Woohoo!

Offline Clam

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 20, 2013, 08:50:59 AM »
The upgrade has caused a glitch in my post window:

It extends way off to the right (about 2.5 screen widths) with no way to scroll across to the end (unless you actually TYPE your way over there :o). Also dragging to expand doesn't work.

This happens in Chrome, but not in Firefox (which I still have for no particular reason).

Curiously enough, this is the only visible evidence I can see that the software's been changed at all :D. I guess it's mostly security-related stuff?

Offline Mr. K

• View Profile
    • Wafflenet
« Reply #8 on: March 20, 2013, 03:26:57 PM »
Huh, that's weird.  Didn't notice it because I don't care for Chrome and just use Firefox. :P

I may need to update the theme as well, since we were working with an RC version of the forum before.  On the other hand, it could be a Chrome specific render bug.  I will see if I can do anything-- in the mean time you might be able to scroll over to that side by clicking your mouse wheel and then side-scrolling over there (provided you actually have a mouse wheel of course).

Offline Proxima

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 22, 2013, 03:48:25 AM »
Could I be a moderator for Challenges? There are quite a few topics where the first post hasn't been fully updated, and I'd like to fix these.

Offline Clam

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 22, 2013, 04:35:03 AM »
Oh yeah, geoo and me are able to do that now :). If you post some up-to-date results at the end of the thread then I can copy them into the first post for you.

The above issue has fixed itself – but at the same time, my computer glitched out and forgot all my login settings. Fixing the post window was just a happy side-effect :P

Offline Simon

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Lix
« Reply #11 on: March 22, 2013, 11:01:35 AM »
Proxima good for moderator as well. He is obsessive-compulsive enough to manage all the challenge threads. :]

-- Simon

Offline Minim

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 23, 2013, 01:04:55 PM »
The upgrade has caused a glitch in my post window:

It extends way off to the right (about 2.5 screen widths) with no way to scroll across to the end (unless you actually TYPE your way over there :o). Also dragging to expand doesn't work.

This happens in Chrome, but not in Firefox

I am also getting this problem. (And, for some reason that same problem happens to be on my Firefox browser. ???) I wonder how this can be fixed...
Level Solving Contest creator. Anybody bored and looking for a different challenge? Try these levels!

Neolemmix: #1 #4 #5 #6
Lix: #2  #7
Both Engines: #3

Offline Prob Lem

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 29, 2013, 10:24:35 PM »
I'm not really sure if this counts as a bug or anything, but I figured I'd mention it nonetheless.

When I'm logged in, the entire board index appears normal, but when I'm logged out, the category names ("Lemmings Boards", "Off-Topic Boards", and "Site Boards") are white, and are missing the little arrow buttons for collapsing and restoring the categories.

Chances are that this is how it's supposed to be, but the white text does look rather odd, and I don't remember it being this way before.

I'm on Firefox 19.0.2, on Xubuntu 12.04, just in case that makes any difference. :P

Offline Mr. K

• View Profile
    • Wafflenet
« Reply #14 on: March 29, 2013, 10:52:44 PM »
Hey, you're right.  I can confirm this.  Didn't notice before since I keep myself logged in.  But why it's happening, I have yet to figure out.  The theme is set the same whether you're logged in or not.  ???