Author Topic: What are the skills you need for maximum percentage on each level?  (Read 55555 times)

Offline ccexplore

• View Profile
Re: What are the skills you need for maximum percentage on each level?
« Reply #135 on: January 08, 2020, 07:59:26 AM »
As mentioned in the "Minimum Skills with Maximum %" thread, Taxing 4 has been reduced to 8 builders.  You can find the replay there, although the reduction in builders is solely from how I handled the upper part of the level in that new solution.  So for this challenge where we only care about the builders count for this particular level, you may find it easier instead to just do the lower part the old way, and just change the upper part with the mining and subsequent building to match the new solution.

Offline ccexplore

• View Profile
« Reply #136 on: January 10, 2020, 12:02:11 PM »
Once again, improvements found in the "Minimum Skills with Maximum %" thread carry over to this challenge, this time for Mayhem 10 reducing the number of builders to 17.

I'm also almost certain that based on the moves used in this improved solution, we can also (in separate solutions) reduce both bashers and diggers counts by 1, if we use the blocker-free crowd-holding method in the previously presented 1-blocker solution.  Once I have time to actually confirm with replays, I'll update the results table accordingly.  [edit: both confirmed, table updated]
« Last Edit: January 10, 2020, 02:21:27 PM by ccexplore »

Offline ccexplore

• View Profile
« Reply #137 on: February 08, 2020, 07:12:51 AM »
We kicked off the new decade 2020 with the discovery that Mayhem 19 actually has a lose 2 solution, see replay here.

So we need to revise the result reported here for that level, which previously assumed a lose-3 solution.  For now it's just the skill counts as seen from the replay (1 climber, 2 bombers, 18 builders).  I suspect we could end up using 1 or possibly 2 less builders; other skills cannot be further reduced.  Will update results here once improvements can be confirmed.

Offline LemSteven

• View Profile
« Reply #138 on: February 11, 2020, 12:48:35 AM »
Here's a couple of random improvements from ONML:

Crazy 20: 10 builders, 1 basher.  10-builder screenshot attached (requires steel glitches).
Wild 1: 1 builder, 1 miner.  1-builder screenshot attached (requires direct drop).

Offline LemSteven

• View Profile
« Reply #139 on: March 28, 2020, 07:51:59 PM »
I was taking a look at Wicked 15 for the min-skills for max-% thread, and I have to call into question the 7-builder result for that level in this thread.  The result is first mentioned in my post here, but I made a reference to Proxima's earlier work, which I can't seem to find anywhere.  I'm sure I took the 7-builder result from his original post, since I can't seem to replicate it myself.

Later on, Proxima posted this in a post that appears to have been deleted, but not before it was quoted by Clam:

Quote from: Proxima
Wicked 15 -- now that I'm actually playing this in Lemmix, it looks like my previous result may be incorrect. It seems that in the original game you have to place 6 bricks under the hatch to make the fall safe, and that can only be done using a clever trick seen in this video

This suggests that the 7-builder solution may have been incorrect.  I'm going to assume it is unless someone can provide evidence confirming that it's doable.  The fewest I was able to use, while still saving 48/50, is 9 builders.

Offline ccexplore

• View Profile
« Reply #140 on: March 29, 2020, 11:04:20 AM »
I had a look and managed to use 8 builders, it requires the no-basher start that Clam found (which requires assigning builder on very next frame after assigning miner, before it has a chance to remove any terrain), this way you can use the spare basher to later turn the lemming around some steel instead of building to do so.

7 builders seem unlikely and will require a replay proof.  Updating the results from 7 to 8.

[edit: I see that Clam's no-basher start (as seen in the replay he attached in his post) wasn't quite what I did here, so a quick note below about what I did here, for people who can't watch my replay:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
]
« Last Edit: March 29, 2020, 12:13:27 PM by ccexplore »

Offline Minim

• View Profile
« Reply #141 on: March 29, 2020, 04:55:41 PM »
Well, sorry if I happened to fill in the wrong result. :XD: I don't remember where I got that from either.

At least I was able to redeem myself with an improvement to another level which has been left in the dust. Here's Havoc 15 with 15 builders, although considering the route I used, I wonder if it's doable with fewer. I also wonder if the digger can be removed too.

Edit: Down to 13 builders now, but looks like the digger seems to be out of reach, unless there's a way to contain (and free) them with the 5 builders I had left.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2020, 10:07:19 AM by Minim »
Level Solving Contest creator. Anybody bored and looking for a different challenge? Try these levels!

Neolemmix: #1 #4 #5 #6
Lix: #2  #7
Both Engines: #3

Offline LemSteven

• View Profile
« Reply #142 on: April 12, 2020, 10:56:28 PM »
My recent 9-skill solution to Wicked 18 can be adapted to result in a 5-builder solution, improving the result for this thread.  The primary change is that the builder used to release the crowd is replaced with a miner, although a few subtle changes from my screenshot in the other thread were necessary to make this work.  See spoiler for details.

Wicked 18: 5 Builders (click to show/hide)

Offline LemSteven

• View Profile
« Reply #143 on: October 03, 2020, 04:00:20 AM »
Here's a 15 builder solution for Wicked 4.  It's really just a simple refinement of the 16-builder solution I confirmed back in 2012, which saves a builder on the right side.

The 1 climber, 1 bomber, & 1 basher remain unchanged from before.

Offline LemSteven

• View Profile
« Reply #144 on: February 08, 2021, 03:31:01 AM »
Tricky 22 improved to 8 builders.

This is essentially a variation of the 10-skill solution that ccexplore posted here, with one of the build-delays replaced with a floater.

Solution (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: February 08, 2021, 03:36:11 AM by LemSteven »