Author Topic: What are the skills you need for maximum percentage on each level?  (Read 55305 times)

Offline Minim

• View Profile
Re: What are the skills you need for maximum percentage on each level?
« Reply #105 on: June 17, 2012, 03:38:14 PM »
Minimac, you've updated Wicked 15 with no basher, but your result still reads "1 blocker" instead of "1 floater".

Whoops! Thanks for spotting that mistake. I've fixed it now.
Level Solving Contest creator. Anybody bored and looking for a different challenge? Try these levels!

Neolemmix: #1 #4 #5 #6
Lix: #2  #7
Both Engines: #3

Offline Proxima

• View Profile
« Reply #106 on: June 17, 2012, 06:02:07 PM »
Blizzard 1 -- Clam's 3-builder replay here can be improved to 100% fairly easily. The large number of builders given makes it easy to avoid the basher and digger (separately, of course). And ccexplore's replay here can be improved to 100% (also easy, but I've attached a replay anyway) still avoiding climbers and floaters. Result: 3 builders.

Offline Proxima

• View Profile
« Reply #107 on: June 17, 2012, 06:41:30 PM »
As a starting-point on Blizzard 13, I offer 9 builders, 1 basher, 1 miner, 1 digger. Skills are very limited, so this may be the only way to do it....

Offline Minim

• View Profile
« Reply #108 on: June 17, 2012, 06:55:53 PM »
Well, it does seem quite limited, but there is a way to save the miner. You just have to let your worker dig the edge of the second platform before you build and that's the miner saved.

Anyway, only Flurry 10 to go, along with two four other Wicked levels as far as I know.
Level Solving Contest creator. Anybody bored and looking for a different challenge? Try these levels!

Offline LemSteven

• View Profile
« Reply #109 on: June 17, 2012, 07:54:33 PM »
Wicked 14 is surprisingly tough for such an easy level  :( but these two replays, between them, reduce the skills to 2 builders, 1 basher, 1 miner.

Now down to just 1 miner.  Solutions are below.

Quote from: Wicked 14 no builder 100%
The first lemming mines and then blocks very shortly after hitting the bottom floor.  Send two climbers up the wall; the first one blocks shortly before he drops down to the exit.  The other climber mines as soon as he turns around, and he should be just low enough to free the crowd.  The right blocker is freed with a basher, and the left blocker is freed with a miner+basher.

Quote from: Wicked 14 no basher 100%
The first lemming mines and then blocks very shortly after hitting the bottom floor.  Send a climber up the wall; he builds such that he hits his head on the hook at the bottom of the chain by the edge of the platform (he must do this in such a way that the fall distance to the exit is not extended).  He mines toward the crowd, and the crowd builds up to meet the miner's tunnel.  The blocker is freed with a miner+builder.

Offline Proxima

• View Profile
« Reply #110 on: June 17, 2012, 08:14:50 PM »
Good work, both of you  :thumbsup:

Here's Wicked 18 with 6 builders. (It can be done builders-only, so no other skill is necessary.) Wicked 19 is trivial -- 100% can only be achieved by the bottom route, and on DOS (unlike the Mac) this requires all the given skills to reach the exit at all. (That's 6 builders, 2 bashers.)

Flurry 10 -- Clam's replay here is easily converted to 100%, using a standard method for turning around without builders:
The first lemming digs; the second blocks in the dig pit. He will be released by the digger's next stroke, but the digger has been turned and can now bash left.
Therefore, the result for this level is the same, 3 builders.

Offline Proxima

• View Profile
« Reply #111 on: June 18, 2012, 02:39:31 AM »
It's amazing what you can find, looking through this forum  :P

ccexplore's replay for Mayhem 29 100% with additional skills here can indeed, as Clam suggested, be converted to an improvement on the current records in this topic. Specifically, as the attached replays show, 12 builders, 1 basher are necessary as well as the same old 5 blockers, 2 diggers.

Offline LemSteven

• View Profile
« Reply #112 on: June 18, 2012, 05:48:55 AM »
I think I mentioned this before, but Wicked 6 I'm pretty sure comes down to 8 builders & 4 miners.  The 8 builders results from combining my 5-builder solution for the right side with ccexplore's 3-builder solution for the left side, which he mentioned here (see the post from "guest" dated 30 Jul 2005 01:17:50).

For Wicked 7, I've got 4 bombers & 2 blockers.  I highly doubt this is improvable.

Offline Clam

• Smiley: :8():
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: June 18, 2012, 10:17:06 AM »
As a starting-point on Blizzard 13, I offer 9 builders, 1 basher, 1 miner, 1 digger. Skills are very limited, so this may be the only way to do it....

I've managed to improve this to 8 builders, the same as for the earlier required-% challenge. Attached are replays for:
  • 8 builders
  • no miner (for no basher, just use basher instead of miner to stop the builder)
  • no diggers (this is a tough one!)

Plus screenshots of the key starting moves, for non-Lemmix users :)

Offline Minim

• View Profile
« Reply #114 on: June 18, 2012, 04:20:10 PM »
Even though I've already mentioned about the no miner solution to Blitz 13, your solution was different (and more tricky :P) compared to mine.

Anyway. I think that's all levels solved. Fantastic job completing this challenge thread. Thanks to everyone who helped out! :thumbsup:

Offline LemSteven

• View Profile
« Reply #115 on: June 19, 2012, 03:33:50 AM »
Havoc 18 is improved to 9 builders, 1 basher, and 2 diggers.  I've come very close to getting rid of the basher, but so far no luck.

Offline Proxima

• View Profile
« Reply #116 on: June 23, 2012, 04:49:59 PM »
Mayhem 10 works with 1 blocker.

Also, just noticed another previous record that should be added here: Hail 2 with no blockers (here).

Offline LemSteven

• View Profile
« Reply #117 on: June 23, 2012, 07:19:17 PM »
I've eliminated climbers and floaters from Mayhem 5 in separate solutions.  Additionally, only four blockers are needed.  So the result there is down to 4 blockers, 5 builders, and 1 digger.

Offline Clam

• Smiley: :8():
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: June 24, 2012, 01:10:59 AM »
Mayhem
23: 1 basher, 12 builders
26: 4 bombers, 1 blocker, 19 builders

Improved Mayhem 23 to 10 builders, 1 basher, and Mayhem 26 to 3 bombers, 1 blocker, 11 builders. The 3-bomber solution is achieved by sliding instead of bombing through the third bomber spot (after crossing the water). If the crowd could be delayed a little more, then 77/80 might be possible, but it doesn't seem likely even with the 2 builders I had spare.

Offline LemSteven

• View Profile
« Reply #119 on: June 24, 2012, 06:46:47 AM »
Wicked 4 is improved to 1 climber, 1 bomber, 16 builders, and 1 basher.  The 16-builder solution and the 1-climber solution differ in the way that they handle the left side of the level.

The 16-builder solution has the lower-left group build through the stairway to the left of the entrance.  One lemming then builds from this stairway to the red blocks underneath the top left entrance.  This uses up 10 builders, and the other 6 are used on the right side.

The 1-climber solution involves building over each of the four water pools so that the lower left group joins the lower right group.  This allows the two groups to share a climber, but it also requires an extra floater and builder for the top left group (their fall is too far by one pixel).