Author Topic: What if you could only assign skills to lemmings facing in one direction?  (Read 30949 times)

Offline Clam

• Smiley: :8():
    • View Profile
Re: What if you could only assign skills to lemmings facing in one direction?
« Reply #75 on: October 20, 2011, 12:14:58 AM »
Reviving this thread with results for Blitz:

L: 1, 3, 6, 7, 8, 12, 14. 100%: 1, 3, 6, 7, 8, 14. Non-100%: 12.
R: All. (Yes, every single level, without glitches!) Non-100%: 12, 15, 16.

A few notes:
9R is also a builder+digger 100% solution, which hasn't been posted on the fewest skill types thread yet. Two for the price of one :D
14R just takes a bunch of miner backstrokes and digging when the lemmings turn around.
15R is the standard climb-bomb-bash backroute, requires extreme precision on the bomber.
16R has already been achieved in my 1-bomber solution, another two-for-one :)

Attached replays for 1L+R, 8R, 9R, 10R, 13R.

Offline Minim

• View Profile
Reviving this challenge thread (Which has happened for the third time :-[) because the Xmas demo levels were clearly forgotten about.

Here are some results. Most of them are not too difficult.

Xmas 91 (both 100%)
1: R
2: L

Xmas 92 (all methods 100%)
1: R
2: Both
3: R
4: R
Level Solving Contest creator. Anybody bored and looking for a different challenge? Try these levels!

Neolemmix: #1 #4 #5 #6
Lix: #2  #7
Both Engines: #3

Offline Proxima

• View Profile
Re: What if you could only assign skills to lemmings facing in one direction?
« Reply #77 on: November 09, 2013, 07:12:37 PM »
Oh, right, Wicked 1.

So far, I've been counting any necessary removal of steel-covered terrain as a glitch. In this case, the gap between steel areas seems to be too narrow to use a bomber without taking out at least a little steel, so you can't avoid removing steel in solving the level by your method. However, I'm not sure whether this really counts as a "glitch", since the term generally refers to unexpected behaviour, and I'd imagine most players would expect a bomber to make a hole in the terrain when it explodes in that position.

So, in the end... I dunno. :-\

So I just noticed, this never did get resolved  :P  I've added Wicked 1 left to the first post. I don't know whether my role as Challenges moderator allows me to adjudicate, but if so, then I would say that incidental removal of steel terrain is not a glitch -- it only counts as a glitch if you actually require the terrain removal for your solution to work.