Author Topic: Lemmings on Windows 7  (Read 6115 times)

Offline Bazza

• View Profile
Lemmings on Windows 7
« on: December 28, 2009, 07:46:13 PM »
Hi everyone.
I've not played Lemmings for years.. it used to keep me up into the small hours  :)
Does anyone know if I can play it again on Windows 7? If so where can I get it?
I feel the need to play with my little friends again  :thumbsup:

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
Re: Lemmings on Windows 7
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2009, 10:15:20 AM »
Do a google search for "Lemmix".
My Lemmings projects
2D Lemmings: NeoLemmix (engine) | Lemmings Plus Series (level packs) | Doomsday Lemmings (level pack)
3D Lemmings: Loap (engine) | L3DEdit (level / graphics editor) | L3DUtils (replay / etc utility) | Lemmings Plus 3D (level pack)

Offline ccexplore

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2009, 10:21:19 AM »
As another option, go to www.dosbox.com to obtain a suitable free DOS emulator, and (if you lost your original copy) find a copy of PC Lemmings to download from abandonia.com.  Works fine on my Windows 7 computer.

[edit: typo fixed]

Offline Simon

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Lix
« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2009, 10:23:07 AM »
Typo? www.dosbox.com :-)

-- Simon

Offline Bazza

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2009, 10:26:43 AM »
Thanks guys.. I'll give it a go!!!!
(I'm looking forward to this)  :thumbsup:

Offline Pooty

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2009, 12:56:41 PM »
Yeah, you need Dosbox to run Lemmings on Windows 7. You can't run DOS applications directly on it, even if you have Windows XP mode. But it's okay, Dosbox runs fine, and so does Lemmix.
SEGA Master System version
100% on 110/120 levels (92%). Other levels [Lemmings lost]:
Fun 03 [3], 06 [2], 18 [5]   
Taxing 19 [5], 27 [1], 28 [3]
Tricky 15 [5], 17 [2]
Mayhem 19 [7], 26 [10]

Offline Bazza

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 29, 2009, 09:26:30 PM »
I got it working with Dosbox but the music was different to how it used to be, also 1 or 2 other bits were slightly different.... so...... I've now got it working with the Amiga emulator and it's identical to how it was when I played it on my Amiga 500+
Thanks for your help and advise 
:lem4ever:

Offline ccexplore

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 30, 2009, 01:27:20 AM »
I've now got it working with the Amiga emulator and it's identical to how it was when I played it on my Amiga 500+

Ah.  Well you should've said "Amiga" in the first place, it's generally assumed that you played Lemmings on the PC unless otherwise stated.  Looks like you were able to find all the relevant stuff for Amiga emulator on your own though :thumbsup:; it's a little harder to find IMO (especially the Kickstart ROM).  Have fun!

Offline Dullstar

• View Profile
    • Leafwing Studios Website (EXTREMELY OUTDATED)
« Reply #8 on: December 30, 2009, 05:28:01 AM »
I'm not completely sure if he'd appreciate being bugged about it, but if you can't find the stuff I think Mr. K has it.  I'm not 100% sure.  I have 7 as well, but it only has a 50 gigabyte partition because I run most of my Windows programs in a virtual machine of XP under Mac OS X Snow Leopard.  If someone is stuck completely, though, with Lemmings and Windows 7, the partition *should* be large enough for testing Lemmings stuff. however, I'd only work when I want to play SPORE (which, for a variety of dumb reasons courtesy to EA, is installed on the Windows partition because of EA's DRM crap.  Game exists for both Windows and Mac but deauthorization tool exists only on Windows. :P)

I've had this computer for a little over a week, but it's already been better to me than my old one was.

Offline GigaLem

• The Dog That Brought Lemmings to Avalice
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 30, 2009, 07:05:04 AM »
That's a Great idea like make it look like lemmini without the copy of lemming
Just all the music,sounds,sprites,and levels

BTW: my dad tested windows 7 And the Wip version (That's whats my bro told me)

Offline Bazza

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 30, 2009, 05:21:51 PM »
I've now got it working with the Amiga emulator and it's identical to how it was when I played it on my Amiga 500+

Ah.  Well you should've said "Amiga" in the first place, it's generally assumed that you played Lemmings on the PC unless otherwise stated.  Looks like you were able to find all the relevant stuff for Amiga emulator on your own though :thumbsup:; it's a little harder to find IMO (especially the Kickstart ROM).  Have fun!
At the time I didn't think about the Amiga emulator.. it was a sudden idea because I wanted to have another go at Fighter Bomber also - another old game I played on my Amiga at the time.
I knew how to set up the Amiga stuff so I thought I'd go that way instead..... and both work a treat so I'm more than happy.
Have a good new year everyone!  :thumbsup:

Offline GuyPerfect

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 30, 2009, 10:49:14 PM »
Looks like you were able to find all the relevant stuff for Amiga emulator on your own though :thumbsup:; it's a little harder to find IMO (especially the Kickstart ROM).

Oops, did I just attach something to this post? Nobody tell the feds!

Offline Bazza

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 31, 2009, 06:46:19 AM »
Looks like you were able to find all the relevant stuff for Amiga emulator on your own though :thumbsup:; it's a little harder to find IMO (especially the Kickstart ROM).

Oops, did I just attach something to this post? Nobody tell the feds!

How strange... I'm sure my next post was going to be of a similar nature  ;)  8)

Offline AsmodeusXero

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 08, 2012, 02:43:46 AM »
what if i told you i have an installer with the original free version of lemmings all re-packed into a working installer that runs on windows 7...