Author Topic: What levels could be beaten in under one minute?  (Read 33271 times)

Offline GigaLem

• The Dog That Brought Lemmings to Avalice
    • View Profile
Re: What levels could be beaten in under one minute?
« Reply #75 on: July 17, 2009, 03:55:43 PM »
That would be
Taxing 18/30
Overall 186/290

Offline Clam

• Smiley: :8():
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: July 18, 2009, 12:35:43 AM »
Umm... no ???

I notice that Taxing 27 is missing from the list at the start of this thread. With that one included, there's 17 on the list for Taxing.

Offline Minim

• View Profile
« Reply #77 on: September 08, 2009, 04:12:07 PM »
And I may have spoken too soon about Tame 15. If you remove the obstacles (which amount to three terrain pieces - such is the nature of Tame levels :P), you can get 50% through the exit before the clock reaches 2:58. There's no way to get a 1-minute solution that works in Lemmix, but it could just be possible in DOSBox.

I wouldn't make it count, even though there are a few seconds wasted before the first lemming comes out.
Level Solving Contest creator. Anybody bored and looking for a different challenge? Try these levels!

Neolemmix: #1 #4 #5 #6
Lix: #2  #7
Both Engines: #3

Offline ccexplore

• View Profile
« Reply #78 on: September 08, 2009, 07:13:58 PM »
Yeah well, it's not your thread and you're too late anyway, there were already results reported that make use of the pause trick.

Offline Minim

• View Profile
« Reply #79 on: September 08, 2009, 07:14:48 PM »
I wonder how the pause trick works.
Level Solving Contest creator. Anybody bored and looking for a different challenge? Try these levels!

Offline Proxima

• View Profile
« Reply #80 on: September 08, 2009, 07:19:01 PM »
It's been explained several times on the forums :) The essence is that if you pause before the beginning of the level, the couple of seconds it takes for the trapdoor to open aren't subtracted from your game time.

Offline Minim

• View Profile
« Reply #81 on: September 20, 2013, 12:02:12 PM »
I did a run through of Lemmings Revolution to see which ones work in under a minute, and found the following levels to be possible:

1.2, 1.3*, 2.1, 3.1, 3.5, 4.2, 7.4, 8.7, 10.10, 12.7

I'm not sure about this one, as I got the requirement bang on the 4:00 mark (5:00 on that level).

Offline ccexplore

• View Profile
« Reply #82 on: September 20, 2013, 09:37:02 PM »
I'm not sure about this one, as I got the requirement bang on the 4:00 mark (5:00 on that level).

Hmm, it's been a while since I last played it, but I guess I can check over the weekend when I get a chance.

Even though no one has completely worked out the format of level files in Revolution yet, seems like where the time is stored shouldn't be too hard to work out, so maybe one day you'll have the ability to actually play each level with 1 minute set.  I distinctly remember that Revolution is harsher with respect to out of time--whereas earlier games like Lemmings and Lemmings 2 still count any lemmings that exit during the fade-out after times-up, in Revolution they don't count.  While still in the level it will look like they count (ie. you see the counter go up), but then when the game goes into the tally screen, the tally will actually only reflect the number of lemmings exited before the timer hit 0:00.

Offline LemSteven

• View Profile
« Reply #83 on: September 29, 2013, 05:06:28 AM »
With a slight modification of the method, I got the requirement at the 4:02 mark, so 1 minute is definitely possible.

Quote from: Highlight to read
Bomb the 13th lemming out as soon as he comes out, and bomb the first two lemmings later on to complete the path to the exit.  Lemmings 3-12 will exit instead of 4-13, which saves a couple of seconds.

Edit: A few more levels confirmed possible within 1 minute:

2.3, 3.3, 6.5, 6.6, 11.9

Offline DragonsLover

• Do you want fire?
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: October 14, 2013, 03:56:35 AM »
Just something to mention: if you play under the "High Performance PCs mode", you can get extra few seconds at the end because of the level fading out more slowly. I don't know if it's the same thing under Lemmix.
I like dragons! They're the center of my life! I'll never forget them...

Offline Minim

• View Profile
« Reply #85 on: October 14, 2013, 02:03:49 PM »
I've tried this out on Lemmix, and it doesn't work. :P The Lemmings freeze when the time hits zero.

Interesting mention for the DOS HPPC's mode. I wonder how many seconds we will be able to save altogether when this trick is in conjunction with the pause trick.

Offline ccexplore

• View Profile
« Reply #86 on: October 14, 2013, 08:49:40 PM »
Just something to mention: if you play under the "High Performance PCs mode", you can get extra few seconds at the end because of the level fading out more slowly.

Already mentioned near the beginning of this thread.  It sounded like it was never needed though (so far...)

Interesting mention for the DOS HPPC's mode. I wonder how many seconds we will be able to save altogether when this trick is in conjunction with the pause trick.

Well actually you don't save any seconds under any conceivable interpretations; this trick just gives you more seconds than indicated by the timer. ;P  It effectively stretches out your final second to unreal lengths.  I think back when it was first mentioned it was said to give you roughly another second.