Author Topic: General Comings and Goings  (Read 152105 times)

Offline Clam

• Smiley: :8():
    • View Profile
Re: General Comings and Goings
« Reply #150 on: September 10, 2014, 10:10:10 AM »
I'm moving to a new flat this weekend so will be busy for a while (basically starting now) packing, moving and setting up. I'll still be checking the forums, but don't expect much in the way of lengthy posts or forum game participation for a couple weeks :)

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #151 on: September 16, 2014, 12:31:21 PM »
I'm officially back now. :)
My Lemmings projects
2D Lemmings: NeoLemmix (engine) | Lemmings Plus Series (level packs) | Doomsday Lemmings (level pack)
3D Lemmings: Loap (engine) | L3DEdit (level / graphics editor) | L3DUtils (replay / etc utility) | Lemmings Plus 3D (level pack)

Offline grams88

• Just one more thing.
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: September 23, 2014, 08:29:03 PM »
I've noticed you have been quite active on the forum Namida, Welcome back. Hope your new flat is okay Clam, let us know how you get on.  :thumbsup: It was all happening in Scotland we had our independance referendum vote which was very close but the thing about it was it's got many of us talking about politics. I was so close to bumping into Alex Salmond the first minister, I was in the same centre as him. I was wondering why all the cameras were there.  ???

I'm still struggling along with my mental health issue, lets hope things do improve. I've not been too well for a long time but lets not dwell on the negatives. That ain't good. I'll need to get back into playing custom lemmings levels.

Offline Clam

• Smiley: :8():
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: September 24, 2014, 07:27:04 AM »
Thanks for the kind comments! The flat's going fine so far, although 'flat' is somewhat of a misnomer - it's perched on the side of a hill. It's not the easiest place to get to, but the view is worth it :)

We just had a vote here in NZ too - the general election. Our PM now has his mug on the Wikipedia front page. Lovely.

Offline ccexplore

• View Profile
« Reply #154 on: October 08, 2014, 01:14:38 PM »
My turn now finally to be out traveling, approximately from the 11th to the 25th, with likely sporadic and limited Internet access (plus it will likely be through a phone or tablet, so I won't be too inclined to type much--maybe a random Zendo guess here and there).

Offline mobius

• relax.
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: October 09, 2014, 10:12:29 PM »
this isn't to say I'm going away but I felt like posting.  :)
I applied for a job in my area of expertise [building/designing furniture] about 2 months ago and for some reason just now they contacted me. So I'll be getting a new job and I'll also be beginning a online college course. So Imma be fairly busy lately. Probably only enough time to deal with the lix contest and not much else.
everything by me: https://www.lemmingsforums.net/index.php?topic=5982.msg96035#msg96035

"Not knowing how near the truth is, we seek it far away."
-Hakuin Ekaku

"I have seen a heap of trouble in my life, and most of it has never come to pass" - Mark Twain

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #156 on: October 15, 2014, 07:32:29 PM »
I'll be away for the next 5 days or so. I won't have my laptop with me so won't be able to do any work on Lemmix / NeoLemmix or my level packs, but I'll have my phone so I can access the site still.
My Lemmings projects
2D Lemmings: NeoLemmix (engine) | Lemmings Plus Series (level packs) | Doomsday Lemmings (level pack)
3D Lemmings: Loap (engine) | L3DEdit (level / graphics editor) | L3DUtils (replay / etc utility) | Lemmings Plus 3D (level pack)

Offline Minim

• View Profile
« Reply #157 on: January 11, 2015, 03:14:55 PM »
This week on Tuesday I have an interview coming up (and possibly a two week trial) which may hopefully lead to a permanent job. I haven't been so active on the forum within the past week or two because of potential work, and I may not be as active as I have been within the past 5 years.

Thanks everyone, and wish me best of luck!
Level Solving Contest creator. Anybody bored and looking for a different challenge? Try these levels!

Neolemmix: #1 #4 #5 #6
Lix: #2  #7
Both Engines: #3

Offline Prob Lem

• View Profile
« Reply #158 on: January 11, 2015, 08:51:45 PM »
Best of luck, Minim! :thumbsup:

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #159 on: February 17, 2015, 08:58:41 PM »
Just as a heads up, I'm going to be away from home for about 2 weeks. As usual, I'll be able to come online / work on my stuff, but probably not as much as I usually do. In case of emergencies, all the staff members have several different outside-of-the-site contact details for me. :)
My Lemmings projects

Offline IchoTolot

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: March 07, 2015, 08:20:14 PM »
So I decided to share a bit of the things that happened to me in the last months (WARNING: pls do not read while eating  :sick:):

Last December I noticed that I had problems with eating my food. It did not go down smoothly and I needed to chew some of it again (a bit like a cow). I thought it was not a big deal, because I had a cough and maybe some slime got in the way.
But the problems didn't go away (they got worse) and from time to time I felt some pain for ~ 10 min in my upper body. Also I needed to throw up slime from out of my esophagus (google translated that word sry english is just my 2nd language) more and more often.
So I went to a doctor and he sent me right to an Internist who made a gastric reflex (google translated that word, too) inside my esophagus, stomach and small intestine. He found out that my muscle to my stomach is tensed and my esophagus is widened, because slime and food that did not made it through gathered there (and came up again thorough my mouth more and more often).
That problem is called "Achalasie" in German (achalasia in english) and is a rare hereditary disease (my father has no problems at all).
In the time I could only eat slower and slower to the point that I must stop eating certain things. Also I must throw up slime at a regulary base now.
I made an x-ray that confirmed the problem and on this friday I had the last big check up before the operations that should fix the cause.
I had to eat nothing the whole week to clear up my esophagus. Normally the gastric reflexes are done while I am asleep but on that friday I had also to do sth else. A pressure measuring. A little hose was inserted into my nose to get in my esophagus, whlie I had to gulp water. It was very uncomfortable and while I was laying there slime comming out of my mouth (because I should only gulp on command) the doctor had problems running the program that was doing the measuring. I just thought: "Man get your program working NOW!" But after that was finished the second part could be done while I was sleeping.
Now I have 2 choices to fix to problem:
1.) Three op's with a balloon which will be inflated in the muscle to get it open more and more until it is normal again. Nearly no side effect apart from maybe some little pain. BUT a <2% chance to cause "tragic" consequences: The esophagus tears up => emergency op.
2.) Cut the muscle open and "strangulate" the stomach opening so I dont get permanent indigestion (looked that up too) . "Higher chance for Side Effects" like sewings go open again (So I need to come back again).

I choosed  1.) because the doctor makes the procedure in three "slow" sessions to make it as safe as possible and I am not likely to have more Side effects.
The first procedure is next wensday and I need to stay until thursday. The sessions after that will be 1 month apart each. 
After each session eating will become more and more normal and the throwing up slime will go away slowly.

I just wanted to share my little "medical history" to you and I am hoping to become healthy again in the near future.

(I hope not too many horrible typos made it through  ;))

Offline NaOH

• View Profile
« Reply #161 on: March 07, 2015, 09:09:08 PM »
Yikes, that sounds scary IchoTolot. Good luck and take things easy.  :lix-sad:

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #162 on: March 07, 2015, 10:21:13 PM »
Ouch! That sucks. Hope it all goes well for you!
My Lemmings projects

Offline Wafflem

• View Profile
« Reply #163 on: March 08, 2015, 01:38:23 AM »
So sorry to hear that  :( .

We're all hoping you get well, IchoTolot.
YouTube: www.tinyurl.com/YTWafflem
Twitch: www.twitch.tv/Wafflem467

Have level designer's block right now? Have some of my incomplete levels for LOTS of ideas!

Offline Prob Lem

• View Profile
« Reply #164 on: March 09, 2015, 08:13:09 PM »
Ouch, that's not cool at all, IchoTolot. :( I hope that the procedures to fix the problem go well, and you're back to full health as quickly as possible!

Best of luck. :thumbsup: