Author Topic: Have you passed all levels?  (Read 22078 times)

Offline chaos_defrost

• the artist formerly known as Insane Steve
    • View Profile
Re: Have you passed all levels?
« Reply #60 on: January 20, 2005, 12:14:34 AM »
Havoc 4 is painfully difficult. I was stuck on that one for ages.

I back-routed Havoc 19 at least two ways before seeing the right answer. My very first solution as a child involves building into the cliff twice, making a wall to turn the lemmings while still on top of the structure.

A level I had a hard time with in ONML is Havoc 14. I'm really bad with coordinating things.
"こんなげーむにまじになっちゃってどうするの"

~"Beat" Takeshi Kitano

Offline LemSteven

• View Profile
« Reply #61 on: January 20, 2005, 03:12:30 AM »
I was only about 8 years old when my dad and I first started playing Lemmings, so, needless to say, he beat most of the levels before I did.  Here are some of the levels that gave us problems (Please note that this is the PC version of the game):

Tricky 19:  I remember my Dad taking a long time trying to figure this one out because we didn't know the trick of sending a climber to the top and mining down.

Taxing 4:  My dad kept getting zapped by the traps, and he often lost too many lemmings before he could do something about it.  I simplified the solution several years later by taking an outside route.

Taxing 6:  We didn't know that the traps only zap one lemming at a time, but my dad eventually beat the level when he learned that he can bash through the top few pixels of steel.

Taxing 7:  I kept running out of time!  Now, I still usually beat it with less than 15 seconds to spare.

Taxing 11:  My dad never did figure this one out -- he was stumped for three weeks!  I finally beat it for him.

Taxing 13:  My dad kept running out of skills here.  I didn't see him play it much, so I don't remember any more details.

Taxing 15:  My dad kept trying to bomb his way through the spikes to get up to the exit.  I quickly discovered how easy it is to simply build over the hard parts.

Taxing 23:  My dad kept running out of builders on this level.  Now I can save 100% with several builders to spare!

Taxing 29:  When I got to this level, I still didn't know the Climber-Miner trick, so I kept running out of bridges.  My dad finally showed me the solution.

Mayhem 11:  My dad didn't even attempt this level!  He said that I had to do it because my reflexes are better!  I beat it with no trouble at all.

Mayhem 28:  It took my dad three weeks to beat this level!  He kept running out of builders.  Now that I am efficient with builders, I can beat this one easily.

Mayhem 29:  My dad beat this in one evening, but it always took me several tries to get it right (my builder would keep turning around before I got a chance to bash through the pillar near the middle part of the level).

Now, I can easily beat every level, so I try for 100% solutions.

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #62 on: January 20, 2005, 03:53:43 AM »
My mum got stuck on some of the levels in FUN! Fun 16, 17 and 28 all had her stuck for AGES. I don't think she even tried Tricky.
My Lemmings projects
2D Lemmings: NeoLemmix (engine) | Lemmings Plus Series (level packs) | Doomsday Lemmings (level pack)
3D Lemmings: Loap (engine) | L3DEdit (level / graphics editor) | L3DUtils (replay / etc utility) | Lemmings Plus 3D (level pack)

Offline Timballisto

• View Profile
« Reply #63 on: February 06, 2005, 02:30:45 PM »
I have passed neither, I'm sorry to say.

Offline Proxima

• View Profile
« Reply #64 on: May 12, 2005, 08:59:11 AM »
YES!!!!!! Just beat Havoc 20 at last this morning -- so that's every level of both games!

Now I've just got to beat "Final impediment" and I've beaten all the Genesis levels..... then I guess it's the SMS ones next...... and I suppose if I really want to do the thing properly I have to beat "All the 6s" and "Ohayo Lemming san" if I can somehow find a version with them........ it never ends, does it?  :P

EDIT: Now that I've looked at "The Lemmings Solution" and GameFAQs for that level, it seems my solution was rather different.... and quite a bit easier. I ignored the right lemmings totally, used bombers rather than my second miner to get through the wall before the long ascent, and mined with the left lemmings under the right trapdoor to bring the two sets of lemmings together. If I could be bothered to keep trying I could have saved one more than the requirement this way.

drumnbach

« Reply #65 on: May 12, 2005, 12:05:39 PM »
I've passed all PC levels, and all Genesis levels except "Final Impediment", which looks so daunting that I can't be arsed with it.

Offline Isu

• View Profile
« Reply #66 on: May 12, 2005, 02:50:26 PM »
I passed the original lemmings in 2001 on the Amiga. It wasn't a certain level that I was stuck on, it's just that I actually never bothered to complete it before. I think It was "No added colours or lemmings" that I gave up on first. It's the only original level I needed to consult a walkthrough for, then it was "Save me", which can be just damn fustrating at times.
I passed Oh No! on the Playstation later that year, with great help from a walkthrough (that I needed from the middle of Crazy onwards ;)). So now , thats both versions. I always prefered the original lemmings to Oh No!, and I always will.

As for the Sega Megadrive, I have the last levels of the last three settings to complete.

Offline Mindless

• Inactive - may respond to PM.
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: May 12, 2005, 07:30:11 PM »
Oddly enough, I've spent more time making a Lemmings site than I have on completing the game, therefore I havn't finished any of the games, but I'm working on it.

Special_Gunpowder

« Reply #68 on: May 13, 2005, 06:55:24 PM »
Quote from: drumnbach  link=1094183189/60#65 date=1115899539
I've passed all PC levels, and all Genesis levels except "Final Impediment", which looks so daunting that I can't be arsed with it.

It actually isn't that difficult - I found the last two Sunsoft levels and "Private Room Available" to be more difficult to complete.

Anyways, I've completed Lemmings for Windows and the Mega Drive (which I didn't manage until this year, mind). I've yet to complete Oh No!, however, thanks to "Where Lemmings Dare" and "Look before you leap".

Offline chaos_defrost

• the artist formerly known as Insane Steve
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: May 14, 2005, 07:07:18 PM »
I never had that many problems with "Where Lemmings Dare" -- in fact, I think I've passed it with one more lemming than is required (Which, I think, is 97% required, so 98% saved). The hardest part (to me) is the first part, building at the right time so the lemmings aren't eaten.

"Look Before You Leap" took me several attempts because I am not good with bomb timing.
"こんなげーむにまじになっちゃってどうするの"

~"Beat" Takeshi Kitano