Menu

Show posts

This section allows you to view all posts made by this member. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.

Show posts Menu

Messages - WillLem

#1
We now have helpful overlays which highlight the target card in either red or green to show whether or not the move is valid.

Good for beginners, and to help accustom players to the 4-color setup. This will be toggleable in settings for those who'd prefer not to have in-game hints:


Valid move: Jack of Diamonds -> Queen of Hearts


Invalid move: Jack of Diamonds -> 2 of Hearts
#2
Agreed. I'll fix this for the next update.
#3
From ericderkovits on Discord:

Quote from: ericderkovitsI noticed the force fields can be rotated, inverted or flipped in the editor, thus making the force fields NOT work correctly. (ie flipping a left force field only flips the graphic but not the way it works, so a flipped left force graphic faces right but still acts as a left force field (Wrong), as the .ini file still says it acts whichever direction (left or right) even when the graphic is flipped.

I think force fields should NOT be allowed to be rotated, inverted or flipped just like the OWW's
#4
Yeah I was thinking of making the shade of green a little darker for the clubs.

Background-wise, there's no reason we couldn't have optional backgrounds. I can provide a few different ones, and offer a custom option as well.
#5
Optimized the rendering so the game runs smooth as butter now. Still needs work to make it feel like a professional game, but it's definitely on its way!

Added a move counter, score (yet to be implemented) and a timer. Also added the ability to Undo last move and reset the current game:



More to come!
#6
Finally got around to starting this today!



It's playable - just! - but is very janky and needs a lot of work.

For example, the entire tableau is currently repainted after every click; this should be easy enough to sort out, but I also need to implement card-dragging, flip animations, sounds and plenty of other optimizations to make it smooth and satisfying to play.

One step at a time.
#7
Awesome! Can this be used with Amiga Forever?
#8
Fixed in SLXPlayer commit 13a1855.
#9
The level is now fixed. Rather than distribute it here and have a rendom level floating about, please await the release of the next version of SuperLemmix for the fixed level. It should be ready later this week.

Fixed in SLXPlayer commit b1beadc.
#10
Ah, thanks for reporting.

A SLX update is due later this week; the level will be fixed.
#11
This is a bug, let's not edit the levels. If the top of the block is visible then the lem should climb over.

I'll fix this is the next SLX update.
#12
Yeah, I probably should have been clearer there: I wasn't suggesting that we delete existing topics, just that we archive the In Development board as it is and ask users to use the regular Levels board for WIP.

And, as long as the In Development board is archived, WIP topics can be moved to it once the pack proper has been released. We don't lose anything, even visibility of the topics.

However, it seems that there is significant support for the In Development board staying active and un-archived so I'm happy to retract the suggestion.
#13
Honestly, I think we should just get rid of the "In Development" board. If authors wish to release unfinished work, maybe we could encourage the practice of a [WIP] topic in the regular "Levels" board which subsequently gets deleted when the finished product is ready. This would help to reduce Forum clutter and seems good practice anyway.

Beyond that, I also agree with Silken that the current setup isn't really broken.

We'd then have:

Levels: Random levels by random authors.
Levels: Xyz's levels.
Levels: OhYesNoLems by Xyz.
Levels: [WIP] OhYesNoLems by Xyz.

That keeps all levels on a single board.

Then again, if the concern is that everything on a single board makes stuff harder to find, is there a way to automatically index everything that gets added to the board (or, at least, finished packs)? If not, then maybe a "Loose" board and a "Packs" board might be the best way to go. I'd then suggest that [WIP] should go in "Loose", since any levels released there are technically not part of a finished pack at that point.
#14
Contests / Re: Level Design Contest #34
September 27, 2026, 07:18:07 PM
Quote from: Kingshadow on September 27, 2026, 07:16:21 PMI've had thoughts of considering whether to push to bring in collab contests like Contest #3 used to be

Interesting. What would a 'collab contest' constitute?
#15
Level Search now filters by Author as well as title.

Implemented in NLCEPlayer commit 47bfebf.

Also, the search results remain open until the user hits 'Close' on the search results panel. This is so that the results can be browsed without having to repeat the same search.

Implemented in NLCEPlayer commit 9000c81.

Filtering by style is also something I'd very much like to add, but would require a slight refactoring of what level info gets stored in the level object itself, as well as adding significant time to the initial search.

Armani - if you're happy to send me a link to your source, I'd be interested to see how you resolve these particular concerns.