Author Topic: Player V1.43n-F | Editor V1.43n-C | Flexi Toolkit V1.17 | GSTool V1.03  (Read 16856 times)

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
The latest player update adds a mass-replay checker (accessible by pressing F7 on the title screen then selecting a replay; all replays in the same folder as the selected one will be tested), fixes a lot of bugs, and cleans up some inconsistencies with the climber, as well as a few other tweaks. The big change is that there's no more "Prevent Direct Drop" option; all new packs will have this option applied. There is a temporary backwards compatibility for older packs; but this will be removed a few versions down the line - it is simply there to give pack creators time to adjust their levels for it, if need be. As usual, the subsequent minor updates are mostly bugfixes, though V1.43n-C introduces a new format for the save file (it is capable of loading older save files, so your progress won't be lost; but will always use the new format when saving).

V1.43n
------
* Direct drop is now always disabled; however this is (for now) not applied to packs that do not
  require V1.42n or higher.
* Swimmer and Drowner no longer have the same sound effect.
* A sound now plays when a lemming falls out of the level.
* Multiple copies of the same sound will no longer play at the same time.
* Added functionality to mass-test replays. To do this, place all the replays you want to test in
  the same folder, press F7 at the title screen, and select any replay in that folder. Replays from
  as far back as V1.03n are supported, though those from versions older than V1.35n will only work
  if they were created in a dedicated player (not if they were loaded as single levels or played
  through testplay mode).
* Fixed the following bugs:
  > A climber can climb through an overhang 7 pixels above the ground, as long as the wall isn't
    exactly 7 pixels tall.
  > A climber can climb through overhangs at 8 pixels above the ground if the wall is exactly 9
    pixels tall.
  > Climbers who hit an overhang at the same height may fall at different times, depending on the
    height of the overhang and whether or not it's at the top of the wall.
  > Single levels don't usually play music unless they have a specific track specified.
  > It's possible to open a non-existant file, resulting in a blank level.
  > When loading a replay file, the game remains paused.
  > The entrance displayed wrong in-game in some graphic sets (primarily, but not exclusively,
    Cheapo or Lemmini conversions).
  > When "Ignore Replay Skill Selections" is on, assigning a skill to a highlit lemming neither
    gets recorded nor interrupts the replay if in replay mode at the time.

V1.43n-B
--------
* Direct drop backwards compatibility has been removed.
  > Level dumping fails in packs that use oddtabling.
  > Backwards framesteps may cause a desync between current state and replay.
  > Backwards framesteps may change the highlit lemming, sometimes only visually,
    sometimes functionally as well.
  > Saved replay text files have a blank space instead of the pack's name.

V1.43n-C
--------
* The score system has been removed.
* The save file format has been replaced. New save files can be identified by them
  having the ".nxsv" extension instead of ".sav".
* Fixes the following bugs:
  > Online options configured in the config menu aren't saved even though they display
    correctly.

V1.43n-D
--------
* Fixed a bug that caused errors if a player was to pause the game (before performing
  any action recorded in the replay), change the release rate, then perform a frame
  advance without first unpausing.

V1.43n-E
--------
* The default selected level when playing a rank that has been completed
  is now the first level, rather than the last one.
* Fixed a bug that caused auto-saved replays to sometimes be empty.

V1.43n-F
--------
* Adds an option to cancel the replay following a backwards frame skip.
* The Desert graphic set's quicksand trap now plays a sound when triggered.
  > Locked exits display in their locked state (but function as unlocked)
     in a level with no unlock buttons.
   > Backwards frameskips beyond the start of the level, when Ignore Replay
     Skill Selection is on, can reset the selected skill.
   > If music is turned off then on again before it starts playing, it will
     start, then restart when it should've started normally.

V1.43n-F-alt
------------
* Disables Windowed mode and removes some code relating to it.

Generally you will want to use V1.43n-F. However, (at the cost of disabling windowed mode), V1.43n-F-alt might have slightly less problems under WINE, or with certain recording software.

Download V1.43n-F: http://www.neolemmix.com/old/NeoLemmix143n-F.exe
Download V1.43n-F-alt: http://www.neolemmix.com/old/NeoLemmixAlt.exe
NXPs of Official Games: http://www.lemmingsforums.net/index.php?topic=2479.0
Source: V1.43n | V1.43n-B onwards

The Editor update implements a couple of recent suggestions and finally fixes a harmless but annoying bug that's been around for quite some time. The -B update likewise just implements a few suggestions and bugfixes, including one very long-awaited feature: Undo and Redo. :)

V1.43n
------
> Level List window has been remade from scratch. One advantage is that scrolling no longer interferes
  with selection.
> Added a "Lock Piece" selection. Locked pieces cannot be modified at all; they can still be copied.
  Lock data is preserved when saving / loading a level in either NeoLemmix or SuperLemmini format.
> Fixed the bug where one-way arrows get drawn onto objects as well as suitable terrain.

V1.43n-B
--------
> Added Undo and Redo functionality (via "Edit" on the menu bar, or Ctrl+Z / Ctrl+Y respectively)
> Added an option for whether or not to set No Overwrite by default on most objects.
> Removed the hotkey "H" to toggle the highlighting of selected pieces.
> Added a horizontal scroll bar in the piece selection window.
> Fixed the following bugs:
  - Right-click popup menu only works when there is no piece underneath the cursor
   - Locked pieces cannot be unlocked
   - Locked pieces can be deleted
   - Some hotkeys stop working after resizing the split panels at the bottom
   - Some S / L value setting panels may be visible when they shouldn't when sub-windows are docked
   - One-Way arrows are rendered on steel piecel (semi-fixed; it still doesn't take into account
     manually placed steel areas)

V1.43n-C
--------
> Removed the panels at the bottom of the main window
> Various improvements to window ordering
> Fixes the following bugs:
  - Input in text boxes is discarded unless another text box is selected before saving
  - Screen jumps to screen start position when undoing / redoing

Download for new users: http://www.neolemmix.com/old/neolemmixeditor143nc.zip

The V1.11 update to Flexi Toolkit is solely to remove the "Prevent Direct Drop" option. V1.12 adds quite a lot of nice fixes / improvements. V1.13 is just a bugfix update. V1.14 allows arbitrary filenames for levels instead of a strict system of names. V1.15 and V1.16 are just more bugfix updates. V1.17 adds the ability to track replays.

V1.11
> Removes the "Disable Direct Drop" option; direct drop is now always disabled.

V1.12
-----
> Added a checkbox on the Levels tab to indicate if a rank has a Rank Sign image or
  not; clicking it when it is unselected will allow selecting one.
> Default music rotation list for a new project is now the 17 Orig + 6 OhNo musics,
  rather than a blank list.
> Added an option to reset the music rotation to default.
> Added buttons to move levels to other ranks.
> System / lemming graphics can now be imported from GIF or BMP files as well as PNG,
  and selection of a transparent color can be done rather than having to create the
   images with transparency. Export is still PNG-only.
> Fixed a bug where deleted LVL files may remain in the output, and be re-added next
  time the project is loaded.

V1.13
-----
> Actually fixed the bug with deleted LVL files.

V1.14
-----
> Level filenames can now be arbitrary. The list of which level is which position is kept in the
  levels.ini file in the levels subfolder.

V1.15
-----
> Fixes a bug where an error may occur when attempting to open very old packs.

V1.16
-----
> Fixes a bug which may corrupt levelpacks that are saved after using the buttons to move levels
  to different ranks.

V1.17
-----
> Replays can now be tracked alongside levels.

Download: http://www.neolemmix.com/old/FlexiToolOld.zip
Source: V1.11 | V1.12 onwards
Tutorial: http://www.neolemmix.com/old/flexitutorial.html
Resource Packs: http://www.neolemmix.com/old/neoflexi.html

There was no corresponding graphic set tool update here, but I'm putting the download link for the old (SuperLemmini- and NeoLemmix V1.43n-F- supporting version) so all of these can be found in one place.

Download: http://www.neolemmix.com/old/gstoolold.zip
« Last Edit: September 11, 2016, 09:08:56 PM by namida »
My Lemmings projects
2D Lemmings: NeoLemmix (engine) | Lemmings Plus Series (level packs) | Doomsday Lemmings (level pack)
3D Lemmings: Loap (engine) | L3DEdit (level / graphics editor) | L3DUtils (replay / etc utility) | Lemmings Plus 3D (level pack)

Offline 607

• View Profile
Re: Player V1.43n | Editor V1.42n-B | Flexi Toolkit V1.11
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2016, 04:48:31 PM »
What is "Prevent Direct Drop"?

Offline Proxima

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2016, 05:24:53 PM »
"Direct drop" is the mechanic, present in some versions of Original Lemmings (DOS and Genesis at least; not in Amiga and Mac), whereby lemmings can fall onto the exit from any height, and will exit instead of splatting. (Technically, the lemming is converted into a splatter, which then exits.)

"Prevent direct drop" was an option for designers who wished to remove this mechanic (so lemmings falling onto the exit from too great a height would splat). As namida said, after a previous discussion it was decided to always disable direct drop, so the option is no longer there.

Offline Flopsy

• Global Moderator
  • Lix Nerd
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2016, 04:50:04 PM »
Since updating to V1.43, I haven't been able to change the music from the Amiga music while playing Lemmings Plus I whereas I was able to before updating.

I still have the .dat files for the Acorn,Dos,Genesis etc. which used to be on the NeoLemmix site and I've downloaded the newer .ogg files.

Just want to check that I'm not overlooking anything as I have put the files in a subfolder labelled "music" as stated on the NeoLemmix site.

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2016, 04:55:42 PM »
The "music" subfolder is a subfolder of where the EXE is, not where the NXPs are (if that's a different folder), right?

The DAT files aren't needed anymore. Just the OGG files, which should be in the "music" subfolder - the names should be left as-is in the ZIPs, not changed to "track_01" etc.

Do you have a recent version of Lemmings Plus I? It doesn't have to be the very latest, but it should be at least recent enough that no warning dialog pops up when loading it.
My Lemmings projects
2D Lemmings: NeoLemmix (engine) | Lemmings Plus Series (level packs) | Doomsday Lemmings (level pack)
3D Lemmings: Loap (engine) | L3DEdit (level / graphics editor) | L3DUtils (replay / etc utility) | Lemmings Plus 3D (level pack)

Offline Flopsy

• Global Moderator
  • Lix Nerd
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2016, 05:25:55 PM »
I think I've found out what's wrong. I was trying to use the Oh No music with Lemmings Plus I but I'm guessing that pack won't trigger with that level pack.

I wasn't able to get the Oh No music files to work with Lemmings plus I in V1.40 either but the others except Special of course all work.

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2016, 05:35:01 PM »
Ah. Packs won't use music outside the ones that are specified for them to use (in the case of LPI, it specifies only orig_01 through orig_17, also with 16 and 17's positions swapped). It will only use alternative versions of the same tracks.
My Lemmings projects

Offline Flopsy

• Global Moderator
  • Lix Nerd
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 25, 2016, 06:07:12 PM »
Can't seem to find any pack which uses the Oh No Dos music except for the Oh No More Lemmings .nxp itself.

Guess I just love the Oh No music a little too much :evil:

Oh Well, I did find something out while sussing out all of this. I learned how to turn the 00 skills into blank spaces which I prefer.

Thanks for your help namida :thumbsup:

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #8 on: February 25, 2016, 06:34:52 PM »
Can't seem to find any pack which uses the Oh No Dos music except for the Oh No More Lemmings .nxp itself.

NeoLemmix Introduction pack in a few levels; Extra Official Levels NXP; Lemmings Plus II; Lemmings Plus Omega (note that this last one doesn't follow the track order you'd expect, and only two of the ONML tracks are used in it). GigaLems does theoretically, but in practice the most-updated version of it predates the current music system so it isn't possible to use custom versions of the tracks with it. (With that being said, I'm pretty sure this means it will revert to the default ordering, which would indeed mean a few levels get ONML musics.)
« Last Edit: February 26, 2016, 01:58:15 AM by namida »
My Lemmings projects

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #9 on: February 29, 2016, 08:42:09 AM »
Player V1.43n-B has been released.

Note that it removes altogether the direct drop backwards compatibility (which it appears wasn't quite working properly anyway). That aside, it fixes the desync and highlight-lemming-change bugs associated with backwards framesteps.

For the avoidance of doubt, secret level and gimmick support has not been removed.

EDIT: First upload, I forgot to remove the "EXPERIMENTAL PLAYER VERSION" marker. If this bothers you, just redownload it now (there's no change between the reuploaded version and the previous one except that the reuploaded one hasn't got that message, so if it doens't bother you, no need to redownload).
My Lemmings projects

Offline IchoTolot

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 29, 2016, 09:16:41 AM »
I don't know if this is just me, but:

I double checked, Highlight Lemming is bound to right-mouse-click and in game it doesnt work for me, unless I activate One-click-Highlight.
Without this option I cannot manage to highlight a Lemming at all.
It may be already explained somewhere how to do it without it, but the fact that I cannot naturally manage highlighting without this option is not optimal.

EDIT: Maybe make it the deafault option could help aswell.

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #11 on: February 29, 2016, 09:23:31 AM »
Sounds like a bug. The intended behaviour is:

- "One Click Highlight" on, Highlight assigned to RMB or MMB: Click the lemming with RMB or MMB to highlight it
- "One Click Highlight" off, Highlight assigned to RMB or MMB: Hold the RMB / MMB and left-click a lemming to highlight it
- Any setting for "One Click Highlight", Highlight assigned to a keyboard key: Hold the key and left-click a lemming to highlight it

Default settings should be One-Click Highlight on, and Highlight assigned to RMB.

I'll check that all combinations and defaults are still performing as intended, and fix them up if they're not.

EDIT: Just checked, and at least for me, everything is working as intended. If the above behaviours aren't working for you (as opposed to just misunderstanding how they should work, which would simply suggest better explanations is needed somewhere), can you come on #neolemmix?
« Last Edit: February 29, 2016, 09:28:41 AM by namida »
My Lemmings projects

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
Re: Player V1.43n-C | Editor V1.42n-B | Flexi Toolkit V1.11
« Reply #12 on: March 04, 2016, 06:41:27 AM »
Player V1.43n-C update released. Some futureproofing, removed the score system, and a minor bugfix.

V1.43n-C
--------
* The score system has been removed.
* The save file format has been replaced. New save files can be identified by them
  having the ".nxsv" extension instead of ".sav".
* Fixes the following bugs:
  > Online options configured in the config menu aren't saved even though they display
    correctly.

Unless there's bugs with any of the changes, this will probably be the last version in the V1.43n branch, and as such, the last version intended for general usage for a while.

For the record - it can load your old save files just fine. No need to start over again. :)

For the avoidance of doubt - gimmicks are still intact! However, the new save format doesn't save forced gimmick settings; I saw no reason to bother, since this is going to probably be the only release that supports forced gimmicks /and/ uses the new save format.
My Lemmings projects

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
Re: Player V1.43n-D | Editor V1.42n-B | Flexi Toolkit V1.11
« Reply #13 on: March 06, 2016, 05:49:08 AM »
An update to the player to fix a bug that occurs in very specific, but very surprising that it took so long to occur, circumstances:

V1.43n-D
--------
* Fixed a bug that caused errors if a player was to pause the game (before performing
  any action recorded in the replay), change the release rate, then perform a frame
  advance without first unpausing.
My Lemmings projects

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
Re: Player V1.43n-D | Editor V1.42n-B | Flexi Toolkit V1.11
« Reply #14 on: March 07, 2016, 10:01:45 PM »
(At least) V1.43n-D appears to have a bug that causes auto-saved replays to sometimes be empty. The exact cause isn't yet determined. Please do not rely on auto-saving of replays until I can investigate this; be sure to manually save any replay files you want to keep.

http://www.lemmingsforums.net/index.php?topic=2564.0

EDIT: After some investigation of the code (have not tested in-game), it would appear that this should only happen if one exits the postview screen directly to the main menu. If one instead goes to the next level's preview screen, the replay will save properly. This bug most likely affects all versions starting from when the change was made to not erase replay data if the user fails, views the postview screen, and immediately retries.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2016, 10:29:21 PM by namida »
My Lemmings projects