Author Topic: Experimental Releases for Physics Bugs  (Read 14970 times)

Online IchoTolot

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Experimental Releases for Physics Bugs
« Reply #45 on: August 31, 2016, 03:28:36 PM »
Thanks! I will look into the new version over the weekend and see if sth new broke (probably unlikely) and see if older bug stuff works fine now. :)

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #46 on: August 31, 2016, 03:30:27 PM »
As mentioned in the previous post - there's a known issue with teleporters, so if the levels that break involve teleporters and the break occurs /after/ a lemming teleports, don't worry about fixing the level / replay to account for it.
My Lemmings projects
2D Lemmings: NeoLemmix (engine) | Lemmings Plus Series (level packs) | Doomsday Lemmings (level pack)
3D Lemmings: Loap (engine) | L3DEdit (level / graphics editor) | L3DUtils (replay / etc utility) | Lemmings Plus 3D (level pack)

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #47 on: August 31, 2016, 03:45:03 PM »
Just uploaded a new version of GSTool. It supports some settings that don't work in the current version but will in future versions, most notably, a new object type: "Background Image". An object set to this (one per graphic set) will be used as a background image on any level that uses the graphic set in question as its primary graphic set.

Most other newly-supported features are for long-term purposes, not immediate future.

Note that colors work a bit differently with this new version. You no longer set particle colors; instead, you can set the mask color (used eg. for bridge pixels), minimap color, and background color; with the remaining colors being unused (but the first three have planned future use; GSTool, when opening an old DAT graphic set, will automatically set the colors correctly for the new uses, including these future ones. I'm not sure if it sets them correctly when opening an old graphic set from any other format.)
My Lemmings projects
2D Lemmings: NeoLemmix (engine) | Lemmings Plus Series (level packs) | Doomsday Lemmings (level pack)
3D Lemmings: Loap (engine) | L3DEdit (level / graphics editor) | L3DUtils (replay / etc utility) | Lemmings Plus 3D (level pack)

Online IchoTolot

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: August 31, 2016, 03:57:37 PM »
Just uploaded a new version of GSTool. It supports some settings that don't work in the current version but will in future versions, most notably, a new object type: "Background Image". An object set to this (one per graphic set) will be used as a background image on any level that uses the graphic set in question as its primary graphic set.

Most other newly-supported features are for long-term purposes, not immediate future.

Note that colors work a bit differently with this new version. You no longer set particle colors; instead, you can set the mask color (used eg. for bridge pixels), minimap color, and background color; with the remaining colors being unused (but the first three have planned future use; GSTool, when opening an old DAT graphic set, will automatically set the colors correctly for the new uses, including these future ones. I'm not sure if it sets them correctly when opening an old graphic set from any other format.)

So theoretically I could start replacing the huge single colred backgrounds "soon". "Soon" only because I don't want to create ugly errors in existing stuff when I remove them ----> loading a level with them will create an error for a missing piece, but this should be solved as I remember with only giving a notice that a tile is missing and remove it in the level for now rather then giving an error.
EDIT: Also the ordering of the tiles should not have an impact anymore when removing adding stuff.
And of course when the bg image is fully supported I will use them as well instead of the big picture.

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #49 on: August 31, 2016, 04:55:07 PM »
It will work from the next experimental release.

This version won't have any way to handle missing objects; you'd need to replace them with dummy ones for now (future versions will have a better way to deal with this, once the new formats are in use). All that needs to be done is specifying one object's type as "Background Image", and that object's graphic (first frame, if it has more than one) is used as the graphic set's background image.
My Lemmings projects

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #50 on: September 01, 2016, 10:44:39 AM »
I'm going to post all future V1.47n candidate updates solely in the V1.47n announcement topic.
My Lemmings projects