Author Topic: Player V1.43n-F | Editor V1.43n-C | Flexi Toolkit V1.17 | GSTool V1.03  (Read 16958 times)

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
Re: Player V1.43n-E | Editor V1.42n-B | Flexi Toolkit V1.11
« Reply #15 on: March 08, 2016, 02:56:59 AM »
V1.43n-E update released. Fixes the above bug, and implements one other very minor (but logical) suggestion that was made recently.

V1.43n-E
--------
* The default selected level when playing a rank that has been completed
  is now the first level, rather than the last one.
* Fixed a bug that caused auto-saved replays to sometimes be empty.
My Lemmings projects
2D Lemmings: NeoLemmix (engine) | Lemmings Plus Series (level packs) | Doomsday Lemmings (level pack)
3D Lemmings: Loap (engine) | L3DEdit (level / graphics editor) | L3DUtils (replay / etc utility) | Lemmings Plus 3D (level pack)

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
Re: Player V1.43n-E | Editor V1.42n-B | Flexi Toolkit V1.11
« Reply #16 on: March 09, 2016, 07:20:55 AM »
Finally, an editor update! The Level List window has been completely remade from scratch; there's also a feature to lock pieces to prevent modification (of course, this can be undone; it's not a security feature, it's a mistake-protection feature). And, the one-way-arrows-get-drawn-on-objects bug is finally fixed.
My Lemmings projects
2D Lemmings: NeoLemmix (engine) | Lemmings Plus Series (level packs) | Doomsday Lemmings (level pack)
3D Lemmings: Loap (engine) | L3DEdit (level / graphics editor) | L3DUtils (replay / etc utility) | Lemmings Plus 3D (level pack)

Offline mobius

• relax.
    • View Profile
Re: Player V1.43n-E | Editor V1.43n | Flexi Toolkit V1.11
« Reply #17 on: March 10, 2016, 12:44:23 AM »
a few questions about this new editor update:
In the inspector window [has changed quite a bit and looks great as does the list window :thumbsup: ] there is now a new thing far off to the right "movement direction" and a complex arrow symbol/form thing. What the heck is that for? ???

Also, note, I was only able to see this by setting the inspector window in the bottom panes and widening the pane so it extended quite a bit. You cannot resize the properties windows when floating.
everything by me: https://www.lemmingsforums.net/index.php?topic=5982.msg96035#msg96035

"Not knowing how near the truth is, we seek it far away."
-Hakuin Ekaku

"I have seen a heap of trouble in my life, and most of it has never come to pass" - Mark Twain

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #18 on: March 10, 2016, 02:49:53 AM »
Also, note, I was only able to see this by setting the inspector window in the bottom panes and widening the pane so it extended quite a bit. You cannot resize the properties windows when floating.

If you've noticed the new panels for setting S/L value effects directly (without having to know the raw values, eg. you don't have to know that an L value of 9 gives a pre-placed lemming Climber and Glider status, you just have to tick the "Climber" and "Glider" boxes); it's one of those. They get moved out of the way when a relevant object isn't selected (for that matter, it should be hidden altogether, but I guess I overlooked something here), but I overlooked the possibility of revealing them by docking it and then resizing that.
My Lemmings projects

Offline mobius

• relax.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 11, 2016, 12:03:33 AM »
^That's very cool btw. The editor is coming along very nice in terms of user friendliness imo. At least compared to what it was. :D

But I don't think you know what I meant. I was referring to this; see pic.

this doesn't seem to effect pre-placed lemmings in a level
everything by me: https://www.lemmingsforums.net/index.php?topic=5982.msg96035#msg96035

"Not knowing how near the truth is, we seek it far away."
-Hakuin Ekaku

"I have seen a heap of trouble in my life, and most of it has never come to pass" - Mark Twain

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #20 on: March 11, 2016, 12:11:56 AM »
Yes, that is what I was talking about. Pre-placed lemming assignments is just one example. There's several different ones of them; the one you're seeing there is for moving background objects.
My Lemmings projects

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #21 on: March 15, 2016, 02:40:51 PM »
EDIT: Ignore this post, I changed my mind about going to V1.44n now. However, keep it in mind anyway - while it doesn't affect this very next version, it will likely have effects in the future, so it may be worth planning ahead now to account for it.

At this point, I'm not going to further update the V1.43n branch.

Probably within the next few days, I'll be releasing V1.44n. It will include the removal of gimmicks (except zombies), secret level triggers, etc, but will not have any changes to physics outside of the culled features (in particular - it won't have the proposed changes to basher behaviour, for example).

At this point, I strongly urge people to consider updating their packs to change / replace / remove any levels using these features. For the playability of older content (including converted Cheapo content), V1.43n-E will remain available to download, but it will not be updated to implement any new features, bugfixes, etc, nor will any support for it generally be given.

As a reminder, the culled features are:
- Secret levels
- All gimmicks (including Cheapo Mode), except zombies
- The "Zombie" gimmick flag - all levels are now assumed to have this on (to have no zombies, simply do not place any zombies)
- Triggered exits (not sure if these have ever been used)
- Two-way teleporters
- Single-object teleporters

The following features are also deprecated at this point - the next update will still support them, but they probably won't be supported for much longer, and so you may want to get rid of them in your packs at the same time:
- Oddtabling (tip: use the "Import Layout" option in the editor for a similar effect)
- Invisible objects
- Fake objects

The following are currently under questioning, so it may be wise to avoid them; however they are not confirmed for removal yet (and very possibly may not get removed in the end):
- Objects (other than one-way-arrows) drawn only on terrain

While there's nothing stopping you from continuing to make and play levels for the older versions if that's what you want to do, I do highly discourage this as it's probably going to mean less people play your levels - and this will likely become more and more true as NeoLemmix improves over time.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2016, 09:15:12 PM by namida »
My Lemmings projects

Offline Nepster

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 16, 2016, 05:17:04 PM »
How about naming it V2.00 instead of V1.44? Given that V1.43 will be the last stable release for a while and will be kept as a download option, it probably should stand out among all the releases and not vanish as just one out of several dozens of V1.xy releases.

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #23 on: March 17, 2016, 11:38:23 PM »
I was wanting to wait until some more significant changes for that - in particular, a proper pack/level browser, and the completion of changing to text / directory based formats (at the moment, the only thing that's been changed to such a format is the savegame files).
My Lemmings projects

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #24 on: March 19, 2016, 09:18:40 PM »
I decided not to go ahead with going to V1.44n now, instead releasing a V1.43n-F update to address the few non-physics bugs / suggestions that I've implemented recently.

However, except in the case of severe bugs (ie: game crashes, physics not matching V1.43n-E, gameplay / replay desyncs), there will be no further updates beyond this one, at all, for a while. This is to give time to tidy up a lot of the code, make as many as possible of the needed physics changes in one go (rather than repeatedly breaking things in successive releases), and perhaps overhaul the file formats at the same time, for the purposes of both user-friendliness and friendliness for the content database project.

V1.43n-F
--------
* Adds an option to cancel the replay following a backwards frame skip.
* The Desert graphic set's quicksand trap now plays a sound when triggered.
* Fixed the following bugs:
  > Locked exits display in their locked state (but function as unlocked)
     in a level with no unlock buttons.
   > Backwards frameskips beyond the start of the level, when Ignore Replay
     Skill Selection is on, can reset the selected skill.
   > If music is turned off then on again before it starts playing, it will
     start, then restart when it should've started normally.
My Lemmings projects

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
Re: Player V1.43n-F | Editor V1.43n | Flexi Toolkit V1.11
« Reply #25 on: March 19, 2016, 10:43:11 PM »
I noticed that I accidentally removed a line responsible for displaying the saved lemming counts as relative. I've fixed that now and reuploaded.
My Lemmings projects

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
Re: Player V1.43n-F | Editor V1.43n | Flexi Toolkit V1.12
« Reply #26 on: March 21, 2016, 04:27:36 AM »
V1.12 update for the Flexi Toolkit. Not a critical update, but it's got some nice additions / changes / fixes. :)

V1.12
-----
> Added a checkbox on the Levels tab to indicate if a rank has a Rank Sign image or
  not; clicking it when it is unselected will allow selecting one.
> Default music rotation list for a new project is now the 17 Orig + 6 OhNo musics,
  rather than a blank list.
> Added an option to reset the music rotation to default.
> Added buttons to move levels to other ranks.
> System / lemming graphics can now be imported from GIF or BMP files as well as PNG,
  and selection of a transparent color can be done rather than having to create the
   images with transparency. Export is still PNG-only.
> Fixed a bug where deleted LVL files may remain in the output, and be re-added next
  time the project is loaded.

EDIT: Tutorial has been updated to include V1.12 modifications.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2016, 04:44:18 AM by namida »
My Lemmings projects

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
Re: Player V1.43n-F | Editor V1.43n-B | Flexi Toolkit V1.12
« Reply #27 on: March 29, 2016, 05:05:32 AM »
V1.43n-B update for the editor released.

V1.43n-B
--------
> Added Undo and Redo functionality (via "Edit" on the menu bar, or Ctrl+Z / Ctrl+Y respectively)
> Added an option for whether or not to set No Overwrite by default on most objects.
> Removed the hotkey "H" to toggle the highlighting of selected pieces.
> Added a horizontal scroll bar in the piece selection window.
> Fixed the following bugs:
  - Right-click popup menu only works when there is no piece underneath the cursor
   - Locked pieces cannot be unlocked
   - Locked pieces can be deleted
   - Some hotkeys stop working after resizing the split panels at the bottom
   - Some S / L value setting panels may be visible when they shouldn't when sub-windows are docked
   - One-Way arrows are rendered on steel piecel (semi-fixed; it still doesn't take into account
     manually placed steel areas)
My Lemmings projects

Offline IchoTolot

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 29, 2016, 07:10:04 PM »
Warning! A bug in the current editor version V1.43n-B regarding the panels:

If you put a winow into the panels and try to edit a value like lvl size, skill ammount or even level name.....the input is ignored!

Numbers will go into the 6th bracket of the bottom of the window (beside items selected). Outside of the panels, inputs into the windows will work normal.

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #29 on: March 29, 2016, 10:54:19 PM »
Ugh. >_>
I'm 99% sure this will be related to the fix for hotkeys breaking after resizing the split panels. But I'm back to the "I have no idea" point in regards to how to fix both at the same time... I'll try to look into it sometime. Or, maybe it's time to just get rid of those damn panels, they cause nothing but problems...
My Lemmings projects