Lemmings Boards > Reviews

Lemmix Level Reviews

(1/23) > >>

Clam:
EDIT: This thread has been changed to open review. The level review game thread can be found here. I'll leave the rules in this post for reference.

Yes, your levels are subject to criticism  . This was just starting to gain momentum on the old forum, so we can't just stop it now!

RULES for review game format:

1. You may only review ONE level at a time. Levels are to be reviewed in sequence from the chosen levelpack.
2. The same pack cannot be done more than once.
3. You cannot review one of your own levels.
4. You cannot do two or more levelpacks by the same author in a row.
5. The same person cannot review two levels in a row - that includes across packs!.

The review format is as follows:

Levelpack name - Level # - TITLE
PICTURE - these are available from the Lemmings File Archive
Lemmings
Lemmings Required (% required)
Release rate
Time
Skills
Good - Glowing praise for the level goes in this section.
Bad - Enter your damning criticisms here

Continuing from the old thread, the next level is:
elfpak01 level 3 - Gyps Isles

I did the last review, so it's time for someone else to step up to the plate. Let's Go!

Dullstar:
The Critics Say:
Gyps Isles, level 3 in the pack, is not good at all...

Lemmings:  50
Save 100% (50)
RR:  99
Time:  3 Minutes
Skills:  2 climbers, 1 floater, 2 blockers, 2 bombers, five builders, six bashers
Good:  The level is aesthetically pleasing
Bad:  Some areas need grass, and what's the point of blockers and bombers in a 100% level?  Blockers, in the locations that they look like they could be used, are not possible to free, and of course you can't use a freaking bomber in a 100% level!
Also, the only solution I can think of that might possibly not use the blocker, requires you to have 50 floaters, which you do not, and many more builders to save thousands of lemmings from drowning.  Gosh, I hate it when developers trick you into thinking it's okay to lose a couple lemms.

P.S. I think the rules should allow across packs, and a new rule should be added:  multiple people can review the same level,  to get a perspective of the views of several critics.

P.P.S.  Didn't notice this until I posted, but there's a gap between the edge of the level and the water.  That's a problem.

Clam:
I'd rather have just one review per level, otherwise it could take forever to get through a pack. You can comment on other people's reviews if you like - in fact I'll do so right now

Blockers placed on this level CAN be freed if you know how. The gap next to the water happens because the next water object was placed off the left side of the screen - any objects placed off the left or the top will disappear when you load up the level. (It might also cause a crash in DOS - I'm not sure).

I agree that this level needs more grass to make it look good.

Luis:
This is cool. I wanna see some more reviews.

Dullstar:
Just get on with the reviews.

I guess it's already slow enough!!!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version