Author Topic: Lemmix Level Reviews  (Read 45166 times)

Offline Joemon

• View Profile
Re: Lemmix Level Reviews
« Reply #105 on: October 11, 2009, 03:53:35 PM »
Original Lemmings package?  So, are you saying the VGAspec3.dat from the original lemmings game?  If not, send it to me.

I found the Lemmings DOS version on the Lemmings file archive. Vgaspec3.dat is in it.

Offline Dullstar

• View Profile
    • Leafwing Studios Website (EXTREMELY OUTDATED)
« Reply #106 on: October 12, 2009, 12:28:16 AM »
I've gotten levels 1-4 of joe01 reviewed.  Level 4 is a prime example of why level developers need to be more careful.  It's on page 7.

Offline Pooty

• View Profile
« Reply #107 on: October 12, 2009, 09:45:49 AM »
Good:  The traps can be seen, so to anyone who has played Lemmings, it should be clear that it isn't just watch the lemmings enter the exit.

I played the level, and I solved it by doing nothing at all.  ???
SEGA Master System version
100% on 110/120 levels (92%). Other levels [Lemmings lost]:
Fun 03 [3], 06 [2], 18 [5]   
Taxing 19 [5], 27 [1], 28 [3]
Tricky 15 [5], 17 [2]
Mayhem 19 [7], 26 [10]

Offline geoo

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: October 14, 2009, 01:24:47 AM »
Ok, I revised the pack to remove some backroutes. I hope. At least, re-try 5, 6, and 7 if you didn't find the "real" routes in the past.

Also here's a text file with hints and solutions.
Steel digging is still possible in level 9, allowing you to waste a builder somewhere in the solution.
Pretty certain I found the intended solutions for 5 & 7 now; retrying level 5 I suddenly realized you could easily send an athlete down to the bottom, something I had previously overlooked. With that in mind, I found the solution pretty quickly and didn't look out for more complex routes.
In level 6 for a long time I blatantly overlooked to most efficient way to do the ending part near the left exit (as you'll remember from my previous replay), but now found a solution that looks to me like it might very likely be the intended solution, the only issue is that there's a leftover builder. Using this additional builder, another route is possible which does not use the key element.
I like the idea a lot, especially having 7 floaters which seem like they'd go to the right exit, 7 climber for the left exit and one leftover lemming; the actual solution still making use of these number, however in a different way.
Solutions via e-mail in a few minutes.

Offline Joemon

• View Profile
« Reply #109 on: October 14, 2009, 07:18:32 PM »
I have a 4th levelpak on the Lemmings file archive now :)

enjoy  :thumbsup:

Offline chaos_defrost

• the artist formerly known as Insane Steve
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: October 29, 2009, 06:13:47 AM »
I randomly downloaded Clam Spammer's 4th and 5th packs.

In pack 4, level 3 is the only level I've successfully done after a few attempts on both.

In pack 5, I passed level 1 with 100% in one try. Then I 1 tried level 2 with no problems.

If pack 5 supposed to be a lot easier than pack 4?
"こんなげーむにまじになっちゃってどうするの"

~"Beat" Takeshi Kitano

Offline Clam

• Smiley: :8():
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: October 29, 2009, 06:16:55 AM »
I made these with Dullstar's fangame in mind. So yes, they are supposed to be easier than the levels in my earlier packs.

Offline chaos_defrost

• the artist formerly known as Insane Steve
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: October 29, 2009, 06:22:30 AM »
Ok, just making sure.

One last thing, is 9 supposed to be possible with no climbers and 2 diggers used?
"こんなげーむにまじになっちゃってどうするの"

~"Beat" Takeshi Kitano

Offline Clam

• Smiley: :8():
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: October 29, 2009, 06:36:51 AM »
If you find a solution in this pack that looks too easy, it's not a backroute, it's an alternate route. Which is kind of a cop out, but hey. :D

Perhaps this level is a little easier than I'd like it to be though, especially considering how tough my original solution was... I'll think about it.