Author Topic: Missing images due to unreliable Discord filehosting - switched back to Imgur  (Read 189 times)

Offline WillLem

• Unity isn't sameness, it's togetherness
    • View Profile
Hi all,

It's possible a few people may have noticed this, but a number of my recent posts have been missing images. This is because around June last year I began to use Discord as a pseudo-image-host, copy-pasting the image link in order to display it here on the Forums. Discord apparently isn't too reliable for this sort of use in the long term, and the images began to disappear (not necessarily in any particular order).

The main reason I began to use Discord to host images is that it supports copy-pasting directly from the Windows clipboard, so sharing quick screenshots is so much easier than saving the file to desktop and then browse-uploading it to an image hosting site. However, it turns out that Imgur now supports pasting from clipboard as well, so I'll be going back to this as an image host.

Thankfully, I haven't uploaded too many images from Discord. And, since Proxima enlightened me as to LF's Advance Search feature, I was able to quickly find all posts with missing images by searching "media.discordapp" and "by user: *WillLem".

So, I'm happy to confirm that the images have now all been correctly restored :lemcat:

If anyone on the Forums needs any help with anything relating to image hosting or adding pictures to a Forum post, feel free to ask and I'll be more than happy to guide you with it.

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
Only thing I can add is that imgur has supported pasting from clipboard for as long as I can remember (at least 2018ish).
My Lemmings projects
2D Lemmings: NeoLemmix (engine) | Lemmings Plus Series (level packs) | Doomsday Lemmings (level pack)
3D Lemmings: Loap (engine) | L3DEdit (level / graphics editor) | L3DUtils (replay / etc utility) | Lemmings Plus 3D (level pack)

Offline WillLem

• Unity isn't sameness, it's togetherness
    • View Profile
Only thing I can add is that imgur has supported pasting from clipboard for as long as I can remember (at least 2018ish).

They’ve made it more obvious now, via the upload UI.

Goes to show how important UX is. They lost a regular user for almost a year due to it not being obvious.

Then, they made it obvious and have regained that user ;)