Author Topic: The Blizzard of Lemm level pack  (Read 4578 times)

Offline jkapp76

• View Profile
The Blizzard of Lemm level pack
« on: May 19, 2023, 08:23:02 PM »
https://u.pcloud.link/publink/show?code=XZsLaNVZ2AeNSdhd8qBO30cmQyN3SVzPRdfy

This is a level pack I put together in 2015 for Super Lemmini, updated for NeoLemmix/SLX.
This is 65 levels of Snow/xmas themed levels in four ranks made by members of the Lemmings community
long ago. I originally wanted to make this because I created the santa suit lemming animations for Super
Lemmini and wanted a level pack to come out at the same time.

Lots of thanks to Kaywhyn for converting the Super Lemmini pack so I could get this all working.

Update: I added a music file if the one included doesn't work.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2024, 05:41:53 PM by jkapp76 »
...Jeremy Kapp

Offline jkapp76

• View Profile
Re: The Blizzard of Lemm level pack
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2023, 02:46:33 AM »
Updated this pack to 1.3 today.

Found 7 levels that had issues, mostly traps missing the lemming.
It's been 8 years since I've played these and a couple have taken me a bit of time to remember how to win.

It now requires the Style willlem_xmas to play. This makes the traps art match the red suits.

*Updated to 1.4 One more trap was not connecting with the lemming
« Last Edit: August 11, 2023, 12:58:49 AM by jkapp76 »
...Jeremy Kapp

Offline messedupface

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2023, 07:57:08 AM »
Thanks for this, I am no expert & this is about my level.

I've attached my replays. I await an expert to show me how to complete the 3 levels I am short

Offline jkapp76

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2023, 04:30:17 PM »
The last time I played those levels was in 2015 using superlemmini. (Other than some quick tests after conversion)
Your snow palace solution was very good.

I couldn't figure these out quickly, that's for sure. I believe Kaywhyn has beaten all of these levels somewhat recently. I can't remember if he played this on superlemmini or Neolemmix though.

The levels are:
Drift 2, Hit the Slopes
Drift 4, Icy Tombs
and Whiteout 7, Center of attention

Your Whiteout 4 solution was somewhat backrouted, the steam trap failed to hit the lemmings. I fixed and attached the updated level here. Your same method should work It'll just need the blocker repositioned.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2023, 12:42:31 AM by jkapp76 »
...Jeremy Kapp

Online kaywhyn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2023, 09:49:33 PM »
I couldn't figure these out quickly, that's for sure. I believe Kaywhyn has beaten all of these levels somewhat recently. I can't remember if he played this on superlemmini or Neolemmix though.

I played the pack on SuperLemmini a very long time ago. I unfortunately don't have any replays, but I know I have verified that they're all solvable except for "The Snow Palace" on that engine. If you go the natural way of building to get over the top near the exit, you run out of time before you even get up there. However, if an extra minute is added so that the time limit is 11 minutes, then it's solvable, though it really comes down to the wire on time. That appears to be the change you made for the NL version, as I think that was what I saw from a quick skim of the pack when I downloaded it for NL. I believe that was around the time I PMed you asking if the level is possible under the 10 minute timer from a few years back.

@messedupface

I have not played the NL version of the pack yet, and I have plans to eventually do so, but I know that all levels are possible from the time I played the pack on SuperLemmini several years ago. I don't have any replays for the levels on that engine, but I can get a solving replay for the three levels that you weren't able to solve. From what I recall, these levels don't need any fancy tricks or anything (none of the pack does IIRC), especially given that this is a classic 8 skills only pack and that many of these levels are ones others have made and that Jeremy simply collected them and made any changes he thought necessary to make his own pack.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCPMqwuqZ206rBWJrUC6wkrA - My YouTube channel and you can also find my playlists of Lemmings level packs that I have LPed
kaywhyn's blog: https://www.lemmingsforums.net/index.php?topic=5363.0

Offline jkapp76

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2023, 02:42:41 AM »
Blizzard of Lemm was a collection of snow levels that were considered old back in 2014. They all needed modded because superlemmini made a change and lems walked over the exit and not into it.

The community placed all these old levels into zips and put them online to preserve them. I took out the snow levels for the pack and updated them to work with the new superlemmini... because the xmas suits were coming out soon.

These are old levels. I wish I would have saved the whole archive now, snow and classics. They probably disappeared with the old geocities or something.
...Jeremy Kapp

Offline Armani

• :D
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 16, 2023, 04:45:24 AM »
@messedupface
Here are the working replays for the leftover 3 levels.
So I guess every level is proven to be solvable now ???
My newest Neolemmix level pack : Lemmings Halloween 2023 :D 8-)

About Armani: Armani's Blog
My NL level packs(in chronological order):
  Lemmings Uncharted [Medium~Extreme]
  Xmas Lemmings 2021 [Easy~Very Hard]
  Lemmings Halloween 2023 [Easy-Very Hard]

Offline messedupface

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 16, 2023, 02:23:52 PM »
Thanks for all the replies & replays guys, it's really appreciated

Whiteout 4 attached, hopefully not backrouted
« Last Edit: August 16, 2023, 03:02:03 PM by messedupface »

Online kaywhyn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 28, 2023, 09:27:52 PM »
@messedupface
Here are the working replays for the leftover 3 levels.
So I guess every level is proven to be solvable now ???

They were always possible. I didn't save any replays back when I played this pack on SuperLemmini all those years ago because on that engine there's no option to auto-save solving replays, meaning the user would have to remember to save a replay each time.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCPMqwuqZ206rBWJrUC6wkrA - My YouTube channel and you can also find my playlists of Lemmings level packs that I have LPed

Offline sift

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 03, 2024, 01:52:18 PM »
hi Jeremy. the music files for this pack do not play because the included music.nxmi file instructs neolemmix to search in music/Blizzlem for them, whereas the files are loose in the music folder after being extracted.

Offline jkapp76

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 03, 2024, 05:40:21 PM »
Sorry about this. I must have forgot to update the pack. Here's the correct music file from my game.

...Jeremy Kapp

Online kaywhyn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 07, 2024, 10:04:05 PM »
@Jeremy

I know it's not the place for it, since it's for SuperLemmini, not NeoLemmix, but let's keep everything about the pack in one place, so might as well be here :laugh:

So, I finally managed to get Whiteout 13 - The Snow Palace solved last night. Replay attached but if you don't have SuperLemmini set up on your machine, I do have a video solution posted:

https://youtu.be/Sx4kASx7qTE

So, it is possible under the 10-minute time limit after all and hence I have finally proved myself wrong from this post:

https://www.lemmingsforums.net/index.php?topic=1793.msg92128#msg92128

I have checked on NeoLemmix and my SuperLemmini solution will NOT work, as it seems you would need one more digger in order to get through the second-to-last obstacle. It would appear then that this simply due to how Lemmings on SuperLemmini can walk further into walls before turning around than they can on NeoLemmix and would therefore explain the difference in digger mechanics on the engine vs NeoLemmix. I don't think it has anything to do with the digger pits being wider on one than the other.

Even if you did have an additional digger, I think you would unfortunately be a few builders short, especially as what I do at the start needs more than 2 builders. However, since you said you don't remember what you originally intended for the level, let's just keep the current increase to 11 minutes for the time limit as the only change you made for NeoLemmix :)

Offline jkapp76

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 08, 2024, 01:54:30 AM »
Good job!

It's cool to see people still kicking this ancient compilation pack around.

...Jeremy Kapp