Author Topic: All You Need Is Lemmings [Difficulty: Medium-Hard]  (Read 5100 times)

Offline NieSch

• View Profile
All You Need Is Lemmings [Difficulty: Medium-Hard]
« on: September 27, 2023, 06:46:21 AM »
No one you can save that can't be saved...

All You Need Is Lemmings

- For NeoLemmix v12.12 (or higher)
- 22 levels (no ranks) and 5 gold talismans for extra challenges
- Styles and music: Lemmings 2, original and SMS
- Difficulty: medium - hard

Beachcombing/Season's Greetings

Splash or Splat

Snakes & Lemmings

Wee Walk in Winter Wonderland

Thanks to everyone who played the (contest) levels that I released earlier. :)

Enjoy! :laugh:

Latest update: April 8th, 2024:
« Last Edit: April 08, 2024, 09:39:06 AM by NieSch »
My NeoLemmix packs: All You Need Is Lemmings - Long Live Lemmings! - Yippee! More Lemmings
SuperLemmix: Tomb Rodents featuring Lemmina Croft

Offline Armani

• :D
    • View Profile
Re: All You Need Is Lemmings [Difficulty: Easy/Medium-Hard]
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2023, 06:25:00 AM »
Here're my solutions to first half of the pack. 8-)

Absolutely love your sense of art. I can see you put in a lot of effort into details to make levels look beautiful :thumbsup: Especially I like the looks and the concept of level2.
Nothing feels too off but I found two different solution to level5 and both of them have some leftover skills. You might want to check them.
My newest Neolemmix level pack : Lemmings Halloween 2023 :D 8-)

About Armani: Armani's Blog
My NL level packs(in chronological order):
  Lemmings Uncharted [Medium~Extreme]
  Xmas Lemmings 2021 [Easy~Very Hard]
  Lemmings Halloween 2023 [Easy-Very Hard]

Offline NieSch

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2023, 08:33:44 AM »
Thanks for the kind compliment and the replays, Armani! :)

Your solutions to level 5 (your first solution) and level 6 are the backroutes that I tried to fix for now in a V1.1 V1.2. See the first post. I´ll soon make some more small updates.

Edit: I also fixed your backroute solutions to levels 3 and 10 in the latest update V1.2
« Last Edit: October 02, 2023, 01:58:17 PM by NieSch »
My NeoLemmix packs: All You Need Is Lemmings - Long Live Lemmings! - Yippee! More Lemmings

Offline Armani

• :D
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2023, 05:20:55 AM »
I resolved all the updated levels + second half of the pack!
I smelled some backroutes here :evil:
My newest Neolemmix level pack : Lemmings Halloween 2023 :D 8-)

About Armani: Armani's Blog
My NL level packs(in chronological order):
  Lemmings Uncharted [Medium~Extreme]
  Xmas Lemmings 2021 [Easy~Very Hard]
  Lemmings Halloween 2023 [Easy-Very Hard]

Offline NieSch

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2023, 06:34:37 AM »
Thanks a lot! :)

Backroute fixing was easy. Most of your solutions are intended or otherwise perfectly fine. I only fixed two levels for V1.3 V1.4

- Level 10, your solutions 1 and 2 (2 is still fine, the intended solution is easier I think) Edit: I changed my mind and increased the RR to 80.
- Level 19, I removed the red pillar piece here (and I also removed the gold talisman since this also affects kaywhyn's "no shimmiers" solution):

The L-Team (Part II)
« Last Edit: November 16, 2023, 07:19:36 AM by NieSch »

Offline NieSch

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2023, 03:56:47 PM »
Added to the first post is an attachment with intended solutions for the pack.

Edit: I updated the solutions zip file. Snakes & Lemmings didn't work in the previous file.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2023, 08:27:50 AM by NieSch »

Online kaywhyn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 15, 2023, 07:34:28 AM »
Hi Niesch,

Took a while, but as promised I finally got around to going through this pack of yours and possibly spot some backroutes, and I have solved all the new non-contest levels that I haven't played before. My replays are attached. Other than one of the new levels, I don't think any of these are backroutes, but I'm almost never certain of it. The contest levels should all be good, especially as I've played all of them during the playing phase of the LDC's where they came from and was told my solutions are fine. The only ones that need to be checked are the 3 I needed to resolve (see below).

General Feedback

All You Need Is Lemmings is Niesch's third level pack, after Yippee! More Lemmings and Long Live Lemmings. While LLL only had levels featuring the slider, one of the two final skills added to NL, this latest pack also features the laser levels and hence features all 21 NL skills. However, unlike the previous two level packs, which featured 4 ranks that had the exact same names as L1's, this pack has no ranks and instead is 22 levels in the order defined by the levels.nxmi file in the pack's folder. I think before they might had been arranged by alphabetical order, but there's a defined order now.

Some of the levels are new, but some are contest levels of Niesch's, most of which are quite recent and which I have already played and solved in their respective LDC playing phases. The only one that isn't recent and is from several LDC's ago is "Aerial Antics." This and "Let's Go For Gold" and "The L-Team (Part II) were the ones I needed to resolve.

I was asked by Niesch if I wanted to pre-test the pack, which I agreed to, but the pack ended up being released before I could play more than just "A Silly Place Called Lemlot," which was originally the first level of the pack, when they were just in ABC order. I wasn't completely in a Lemmings playing mood heavily at the time and hence why it took me a while to get around to playing through these levels. If Niesch plans to release more packs in the future, I be more than happy to do pre-testing if he approaches and asks me again, and hopefully I'll be able to do so ;)

Out of the new levels, I officially declare "Who Wants to Be A Pioneer?" my favorite and the best one of the pack which most certainly earns my nomination for LOTY2023! :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup: The close second for my favorite would be "A Silly Place Called Lemlot." Both are quite difficult levels IMO, but they're excellent. Well done on these! :)

Feedback on the new levels (click to show/hide)

Great pack and just like the previous two, I can definitely recommend this! :thumbsup: 
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCPMqwuqZ206rBWJrUC6wkrA - My YouTube channel and you can also find my playlists of Lemmings level packs that I have LPed
kaywhyn's blog: https://www.lemmingsforums.net/index.php?topic=5363.0

Offline NieSch

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 15, 2023, 06:37:07 PM »
Thanks a lot for your replays and feedback kaywhyn! :thumbsup:

You found two solutions that I consider backroutes. I updated these levels in V2.0:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I also added a "thanks to Armani and kaywhyn for finding backroutes" credit and updated the solutions file. :)

Online kaywhyn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 15, 2023, 08:04:01 PM »
Resolved levels 5 and 9. The former looks a bit closer to intended but still a bit backroutey, while I'm very confused by the change for the latter, as I can still do the exact same solution as before, I just needed to tweak my previous replay a bit so that it works.

Looks like you were right with me helping to find backroutes and I therefore would had been quite helpful with actual pre-testing :)

Thanks for the credit, Niesch! :thumbsup:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCPMqwuqZ206rBWJrUC6wkrA - My YouTube channel and you can also find my playlists of Lemmings level packs that I have LPed

Offline NieSch

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 16, 2023, 07:17:18 AM »
Fixed! Level 5: spike trap added. Level 9: 1 pixel more between the white bars so that you can't do that clever trick of yours. ;)

Just Keep on Digging

Online kaywhyn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 16, 2023, 08:27:33 AM »
More resolves. Level 5 should be 100% intended now, as I now use all skills and I do what the level title says now with the digging. Great level! :thumbsup: Level 9 seems a bit hackish though is probably acceptable, particularly since I now use all skills except for one bomber, which was the sacrifice I was allowed. Also no one denies me the "clever trick" I used the previous two times :P

Offline NieSch

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 16, 2023, 09:00:53 AM »
Level 5 is intended, well done! Level 9 is not intended but I would never think of a solution like that so I think my intended solution is easier to find. In other words: perfectly fine solution, no backroute, you can keep your clever trick. ;)

Out of the new levels, I officially declare "Who Wants to Be A Pioneer?" my favorite and the best one of the pack which most certainly earns my nomination for LOTY2023! :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup: The close second for my favorite would be "A Silly Place Called Lemlot." Both are quite difficult levels IMO, but they're excellent. Well done on these! :)

Thanks for this! I'm afraid you can't nominate "Who Wants to Be A Pioneer?" for LOTY2023 because I released it some years earlier in the random level sharing topic. No problem of course, I'm glad you like the level.

Online kaywhyn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 16, 2023, 09:12:58 AM »
Level 5 is intended, well done! Level 9 is not intended but I would never think of a solution like that so I think my intended solution is easier to find. In other words: perfectly fine solution, no backroute, you can keep your clever trick. ;)

Good to hear, I'll make sure to check your solutions to the ones I'm curious about then.

Thanks for this! I'm afraid you can't nominate "Who Wants to Be A Pioneer?" for LOTY2023 because I released it some years earlier in the random level sharing topic. No problem of course, I'm glad you like the level.

Actually, I think it's still eligible for nomination. Back when it was released as a single level, it was eligible for LOTY2022, but it wasn't nominated that time, so the fact that you now released it as part of a pack earlier this year shouldn't affect its eligibility for LOTY2023. We can always ask Icho just to be sure, though :)

At least if I'm understanding this post correctly, in particular conditions 1 and 5:

https://www.lemmingsforums.net/index.php?topic=6131.0

Offline NieSch

• View Profile
Re: All You Need Is Lemmings [Difficulty: Medium-Hard]
« Reply #13 on: February 11, 2024, 02:32:37 PM »
I stumbled upon a Twitch account (here) playing these levels. It was fun to watch and I also learned from it that the pack isn't "easy" at all so I changed the difficulty to "medium-hard". ;)