Author Topic: SuperLemmix 2.6.1 | Editor 2.6 | Styles 2.6.1  (Read 12667 times)

Offline WillLem

• Unity isn't sameness, it's togetherness
    • View Profile
SuperLemmix 2.6.1 | Editor 2.6 | Styles 2.6.1
« on: March 02, 2023, 01:38:33 AM »
A fork of NeoLemmix featuring new skills, a Classic Mode option and an updated level Editor

Other useful links:

SuperLemmix gameplay, physics and interface are greatly influenced by the Amiga and Windows 95 versions of Lemmings, but with all the QOL features we've come to appreciate from NeoLemmix still at our fingertips. Here's a list of everything that has been implemented for SuperLemmix so far:

New & Modified Skills (click to show/hide)

Classic Mode (click to show/hide)

New Objects (click to show/hide)

Zombie Updates (click to show/hide)

Updated Game Mechanics (click to show/hide)

Updated Game Controls (click to show/hide)

New Talismans (click to show/hide)

Updated panel (click to show/hide)

Updated sounds (click to show/hide)

DMA Compliation Packs (click to show/hide)

Editor Updates (click to show/hide)

Revised & Culled Features (click to show/hide)

Upcoming features / wish list.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2024, 03:02:37 AM by WillLem »

Offline WillLem

• View Profile
Styles 2.4 Download
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2023, 01:42:31 AM »
Download SuperLemmix Styles 2.6.1

This is the latest copy of the styles folder for SuperLemmix. It will be updated periodically, and the version number will appear in the included README file so you can easily keep track of your styles set.

To install, simply unzip the folder and copy/paste the resulting "styles" folder to your SuperLemmix directory.

Any questions, please ask.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2024, 01:01:07 PM by WillLem »

Offline WillLem

• View Profile
Re: SuperLemmix 1.0.0, Editor 1.0 Release Topic
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2023, 02:49:33 AM »
Reserved for Music download

Offline NieSch

• View Profile
Re: SuperLemmix 1.0.0, Editor 1.0 Release Topic
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2023, 08:59:12 AM »
Congratulations on the release!
My NeoLemmix packs: All You Need Is Lemmings - Long Live Lemmings! - Yippee! More Lemmings
SuperLemmix: Tomb Rodents featuring Lemmina Croft

Offline WillLem

• View Profile
Re: SuperLemmix 1.0.1-RC, Editor 1.0 Release Topic
« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2023, 10:59:36 AM »
SuperLemmix 1.0.1 Update

An update already (albeit a minor one)!

Due to the updates made here, I would strongly recommend that you delete your "settings.ini" file from SuperLemmix/settings and start over.

Here's what's changed for 1.0.1:

- Updated the Welcome screen to include a choice between 'Classic Mode' and 'Modern Mode'.

- Updated the Hotkeys Config with options for 'Advanced Hotkeys' and 'Clear All Keys', also widened the form factor for easier reading/havigation.

- Fixed a bug where the "-" RR skill panel button was cropped offscreen at the smallest possible window size in windowed mode.

- Increased the default "Resize Window" size to 1776 x 800 (the current width of the panel at maximum zoom x the height of the panel + the height of a standard level); the window can of course be dynamically resized if this is too wide for you, but note that the panel will jump down to minimum zoom when in hi-res mode. I'm currently looking at creating a new panel to correct this.

- Stretched the minimap out to the right a touch; there was available space on that side that wasn't being used, figure I might as well give it to the minimap for now.

- Updated one level file and one music file, plus added Thrower and Freezer to the Lemminas sprites

Congratulations on the release!

Thanks, NieSch! :lemcat:
« Last Edit: March 10, 2023, 02:22:59 AM by WillLem »

Offline WillLem

• View Profile
SuperLemmix 1.1.1, Editor 1.1 Release Topic [FIRST PROPER RELEASE]
« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2023, 03:27:42 AM »
The first proper release of SuperLemmix is ready!

It's strongly recommended that you get this version even if you downloaded the RC; delete the RC if you have it and use this version instead. There have been a number of tweaks, improvements and bugfixes throughout the program and the included files, including some that are essential for the program to run.

Version 1.1.1 has added the following to what's listed in the OP:

:lemming: The Timebomber is here! Bombers with the 5 second timer are back as a separate, independent skill

:lemming: Updated DMA levels to feature the Timebomber so that they can be played as originally intended

:lemming: Added Thrower sprite to Xmas style

:lemming: Windowed mode now opens with the panel stretched to the full width of the window

:lemming: Slightly improved panel font (this can and will be improved further in a future release)

:lemming: Fixed a few bugs & issues related to graphics & music in the RC release

Enjoy! Feedback and suggestions are welcome.

Please note that from now on the SuperLemmix master downloads will only include styles, music and other files that are necessary for the program to run.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2023, 02:23:18 AM by WillLem »

Offline WillLem

• View Profile
Re: SuperLemmix 1.1.2, Editor 1.1 Release Topic [UPDATE]
« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2023, 02:40:15 AM »
Bugfixes & Features Update

Download SuperLemmix 1.1.2

It's worth downloading the full thing again; apologies to those few people who've been loyally grabbing each version - I have done my best to keep the download as small as possible (it's currently only 44.17MB).

Here's what new for 1.1.2:

:lemming: Kill All Zombies talisman added (with Editor support) - this works, but will need testing for bugs/wierd behaviour

:lemming: All known Timebomber bugs fixed; the skill now works as expected, although further testing is necessary to fully guarantee its stability

:lemming: Added Timebomber graphics to various subfolders and styles (these are required for SLX to run properly)

:lemming: Fixed bug which re-draws the semitransparent skill_selected graphic over the Pause button when backwards framestepping

:lemming: Added Thrower, Freezer and Timebomber sprites to lemminas_honeycomb, so all Lemminas styles are now available

:lemming: Added jKapp's hi-res logos to DMA level packs

:lemming: Some minor fixes to the DMA level files

Thankyou for continuing to support the SuperLemmix project :lemcat:
« Last Edit: March 22, 2023, 03:50:43 AM by Will »

Offline WillLem

• View Profile
I thought I'd compile a handy list of the main differences between NeoLemmix and SuperLemmix for easy reference. It may come in handy if you're considering porting your NeoLemmix levels over: there are a few things to bear in mind, and you may wish to edit your levels to make them more platform-specific.

:lemming: Note that this table only lists things which are different; any features not listed here are the same for both platforms.

:lemming: For the purposes of this list, "optional" and "non-optional" specifically refers to whether these features can be toggled on/off via the Configurations menu.

:lemming: I have only listed features here which are most likely to directly affect gameplay and custom content creation. Superficial tweaks to the Config menu, GUI, etc, are not listed.

:lemming: *Skill Projections are not to be confused with Skill Shadows. Skill Projections are a more advanced version of Skill Shadows, which project the course of a lemming's activity over an extended range. The more immediate, shorter-term Skill Shadows are available and optional in both SuperLemmix and NeoLemmix.

:lemming: *Any levels using the Orig_Fire, Orig_Marble, OhNo_Bubble or OhNo_Rock water objects will need to be updated to include "(orig_fire) lava", "(orig_marble) poison", "(ohno_bubble) blasticine" and/or "(ohno_rock) vinewater" respectively if you want these levels to appear the same. Swimmers can no longer traverse these objects in SuperLemmix, as they have been repurposed and are no longer "water" objects. See below for details.

:lemming: *Direct Drop means 'fallers' & 'splatters' can exit upon contact with the exit's trigger area. *Jump-to-Exit means that Jumpers and the 'reacher' state of the Shimmier skill can exit in midair upon contact with the exit's trigger area.

FeaturesSuperLemmixNeoLemmix
Helper Tools: Clear Physics ModeAvailable, optionalAvailable, non-optional
Helper Tools: GFX OverlaysAvailable, optionalAvailable, non-optional
Helper Tools: Direction SelectAvailable, optionalAvailable, non-optional
Helper Tools: Walker SelectAvailable, optionalAvailable, non-optional
Helper Tools: FramesteppingAvailable, optionalAvailable, non-optional
Helper Tools: Skill QueueingAvailable, optionalAvailable, non-optional
Helper Tools: Skill Projections*UnavailableAvailable, non-optional
Helper Tools: RR Jump-to-min/maxAvailable, optional (via Classic Mode)Available, non-optional
Helper Tools: Assign-whilst-pausedAvailable, optional (via Classic Mode)Available, non-optional
Helper Tools: Replay EditingAvailable, optional (via Classic Mode)Available, non-optional
Helper Tools: Replay Insert ModeAvailable, optional (via Classic Mode)Available, non-optional
Helper Tools: 'Selected' Lemming RecolouringAvailable, optional (via Classic Mode)Available, non-optional
Online Tools: UpdatesUnavailableNotification prompts
Online Tools: Style ManagerUnavailableAvailable
Skills: TimebomberAvailableUnavailable
Skills: GrenaderAvailableUnavailable
Skills: SpearerAvailableUnavailable
Skills: LasererAvailable, 3200px rangeAvailable, 112px range
Skills: FreezerAvailableUnavailable
Skills: LaddererAvailableUnavailable
Skills: BalloonerAvailableUnavailable
Skills: StonerUnavailableAvailable
Default Sprites: FloaterRed & White UmbrellaYellow Umbrella
Default Sprites: 'Athlete' RecolouringTunic to dark blueHair and tunic swap colours
Xmas Sprites: FloaterGreen Umbrella with lightsYellow Umbrella
Xmas Sprites: 'Athlete' RecolouringTunic to dark redTunic to green
Default Styles: Fire Water object*Available as 'lava' (fire object)Available as 'water' (water object)
Default Styles: Marble Water object*Available as 'poison' (new object)Available as 'water' (water object)
Default Styles: Bubble Water object*Available as 'blasticiine' (new object)Available as 'water' (water object)
Default Styles: Rock Water object*Available as 'vinewater' (new object)Available as 'water' (water object)
Objects: RadiationAvailableUnavailable
Objects: SlowfreezeAvailableUnavailable
Default Styles: Secondary Trap AnimationsAvailable with revisions (see below)Available
Panel: Turbo Fast-forwardAvailableUnavailable
Panel: Rewind buttonAvailableUnavailable
Panel: CPM buttonUnavailableAvailable
Panel: Load Replay buttonUnavailableAvailable
Panel: Framestepping buttonUnavailableAvailable
Panel: Direction select buttonUnavailableAvailable
Panel: Compact ModeUnavailableAvailable
Panel: Show Minimap optionAvailableUnavailable
Mouse Controls: LMB+1 Frameskip (hold to repeat)+1 Frameskip
Mouse Controls: RMB-1 Frameskip (hold to repeat), ConfigurableConfigurable
Game Mechanics: Direct Drop*AvailableUnavailable
Game Mechanics: Jump to Exit*AvailableUnavailable
Game Mechanics: Superlemming ModeAvailableUnavailable
Game Mechanics: Climber > ShimmierAlways (reach is extended)Only when directly in reach of terrain
Game Mechanics: Slider > DanglerAvailableUnavailable
Game Mechanics: Level SidesOne-way ForcefieldDeadly
Game Mechanics: Level TopOpenDeadly
Talismans: Kill All ZombiesAvailableUnavailable
Talismans: Play in Classic ModeAvailableUnavailable
Talismans: Play Without Pressing PauseAvailableUnavailable
Sound: Optional Exit soundAvailableUnavailable
Sound: RR soundAvailable, pitchedUnavailable
Sound: Skill button soundAvailable, pitchedAvailable, unpitched
Sound: Menu soundsAvailableUnavailable
Sound: Assign Fail soundAvailableUnavailable

If I've forgotten anything, I'll add it to this lest when I remember/am reminded :lemcat:
« Last Edit: March 14, 2024, 02:57:27 AM by WillLem »

Offline WillLem

• View Profile
Re: SuperLemmix 1.1.2, Editor 1.1 Release Topic [STYLES UPDATE]
« Reply #8 on: April 02, 2023, 04:32:55 AM »
Update to xmas style: added necessary sprites and updated scheme.nxmi

This copy of the xmas style is required to play the holiday levels.

I've also added this update to the main styles download as well, but if you already have that then just download the attached zip and copy it into your existing styles folder.

If you haven't already done so, you can now get all SuperLemmix-ready styles here

Offline WillLem

• View Profile
General progress update
« Reply #9 on: April 03, 2023, 05:23:56 AM »
Quite a lot has happened since the last update. A number of bugs have been fixed, and some minor but important features have been added, particularly in the config menu and the UI. I'll give a full overview of the changes on the next release, which will be 2.0.

Any feedback on SuperLemmix so far? I've noticed a number of problems whilst I've been tinkering about with it, and most of them are fixed now, but I can always use a fresh perspective. Comments welcome.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2023, 10:15:07 AM by WillLem »

Offline WillLem

• View Profile
SuperLemmix 2.0 Major Update - Player, Editor and Styles update
« Reply #10 on: April 27, 2023, 11:45:26 PM »
:party:

Major Update - SuperLemmix Version 2.0 is here!

This is a major update, and so it's strongly recommended that you install this version clean, fresh, and in its own directory. - Get SuperLemmix 2.0 here
Styles have also been updated. - Get Styles 2.0 here

Many features have been added, removed or changed for this version, so stability cannot be guaranteed if you overwrite your old copy. If you have any levels, mods, etc that you want to keep from the previous version, please copy them into the new directory and then delete the old one. I know it's a chore, but I won't be doing a major update for a while now, so it's worth doing :lemcat:

Here's what's changed for 2.0. Exciting stuff:

:lemming: Rewind button added

I've always wanted this. It works a treat, but there are still one or two barely noticeable kinks that I'll need to iron out for the next hotfix update. Here's how it looks:

It's also hotkey configurable as well, of course!

---

:lemming: Pitched sounds for Release Rate and Skill Panel Buttons

The RR/SI buttons and the skill panel buttons now have pitched sound (modelled from Amiga/Lemmini versions). So, the higher the value, the higher the pitch of the sound (and vice versa!).

The RR/SI sound currently doesn't cue whilst the game is paused. This will be fixed in the next hotfix update unless people think it should remain silent whilst paused - feedback welcome!

---

:lemming: New Lemming states & behaviours

Meet the Dangler! This state occurs when a Slider reaches the bottom of a block of terrain. This is to make the transition between Slider and Shimmier easier when playing in Classic Mode, or in real-time without skill queueing*. Note that the skill shadow is now also displayed:

Meet the Looker! This state replaces the Shrugger state after a Spearer or Grenader has thrown their projectile. Note that the Looker state is 6 frames longer than the Shrugger, so please check whether your levels featuring projectile skills are still playable, if you have any:

Meanwhile, Shimmiers can now be assigned to Climbers at any time, and the transition skill shadow is now displayed. This is so that the transition between Climber and Shimmier is easier when playing in Classic Mode or in real-time without skill queueing*. It also means that Shimmiers can now be used to cancel a Climber. The lemming turns away from the wall and performs the "Reacher" state of the Shimmier skill. If they are within reach of Shimmyable terrain, they'll transition to Shimmier, otherwise they'll fall facing away from the wall (note the skill shadows shown here):

*Previously, there was only a single frame where these transitions were possible (i.e. with Skill Queueing deactivated, that is).

---

:lemming: New menu cursor

I've added the Amiga menu cursor to the menus! (The in-game cursor is the same as it was previously). Here's how it looks:

---

:lemming:DMA Compilation Pack updated

Updates to DMA Compilation Pack (click to show/hide)

---

:lemming: Style & sprite Updates

All OG & Lemminas styles containing sprites have now been updated to include the new Dangler, Freezer, Looker, Thrower and Timebomber sprites (some were missing from the previous version). The Xmas Floater has also been given a nice festive makeover, and the Xmas style background is now Amiga blue:

Other styles containing sprites (such as Mantha's various TV themes, Flopsy's Soniclems, GigaLem's Millas) will need to be updated in order to be included in SuperLemmix. I'm not sure when I'll get time to do it myself, so I'd urge either the authors or someone who's good with graphics editing to get on this so that we can include those styles.

Meanwhile, Minim's styles required to run the Playstation 3 level pack have been added to the default styles.

---

:lemming: Brand new Welcome Screen

The welcome screen now contains images and the text has been corrected so it fits the dialog. It also has updated SuperLemmix-specific options. Here it is:

---

:lemming: Show Minimap option

Due to the ongoing debate regarding window size, I've decided that the easiest way to keep the majority of people happy for now is to have an option to Show or Hide the minimap. Doing so adjusts the width of the panel & window accordingly, so if you prefer a smaller window then you may wish to have the minimap hidden.

Hiding the minimap also grants a minimal performance boost, since it is no longer rendered in high-quality when hidden:

---

:lemming: Exit sound option

It's now possible to choose between "Yippee!" and "Boing!" as your preferred exit sound! This is part of an ongoing experiment to see what's possible with the sound options:

---

:lemming: Added option to Replay after Restart

Previously, levels always entered Replay mode when gameplay is Restarted either in-game, or when re-playing from the menu screens.

This behaviour is now optional, and set to not enter Replay mode by default:

---

:lemming: Spawn Interval option added back to the config menu

After much discussion and deliberation, it was decided that there's no good reason not to provide this option:

Note that this always displays as RR when in Classic Mode, since the purpose thereof is to present the game as close to its original Amiga counterpart as possible. I think we can all agree that this is a fair compromise.

---

:lemming: Menu/preview font recolourings

The scroller text is now hue-shifted from green to blue (and the graphic is slightly bigger to make reading easier - note that the text position is slightly lower to account for this change, so any custom scroller graphics you might have will need to be updated):

And, each line of text on the level preview now has its own colour! This has been modelled on the Amiga version:

---

:lemming: New "Quit" sign graphic

The Group and Quit signs have been swapped, and the Quit sign graphic has been updated so that each card-holding lemming is unique:

---

:lemming: Bugfixes

Bugfixes list (click to show/hide)

---

:lemming: Other tweaks

Some of these may or may not affect your own personal usage of SuperLemmix, so it's worth checking these over:

Tweaks list (click to show/hide)

:lemming: Editor 2.0 is also included

Editor 2.0 Updates (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: April 28, 2023, 02:55:22 AM by WillLem »

Offline WillLem

• View Profile
SuperLemmix 2.0.1 - BUGFIX
« Reply #11 on: April 29, 2023, 12:36:10 PM »
2.0.1 Bugfix Update

- Fixed bug which affected saving replays manually. Previously, using the Save Replay hotkey or Postview button would generate a file called "empty_slot.png" (which was actually the saved replay file in disguise!) This has now been fixed, and the replay saving features now fully behave as expected.

I have of course updated the full download in the OP, but if you already downloaded 2.0 you can simply paste the following attachment into your existing copy.

Enjoy!

A later update (2.0.2) is now available.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2023, 01:24:15 PM by WillLem »

Offline WillLem

• View Profile
Re: SuperLemmix 2.0.1 | Editor 2.0 | Styles 2.0.1 | MAJOR UPDATE
« Reply #12 on: May 01, 2023, 02:34:45 AM »
Styles have been updated to 2.0.1 - Click here to download the latest copy.

Changes made to willlem_lemminas, willlem_lemminas_honeycomb and willlem_lemminas_laracroft.

To prevent having to download the full folder every time there's an update, I'll aim to get the online manager back up and running as soon as I can.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2023, 02:43:46 AM by WillLem »

Offline WillLem

• View Profile
2.0.2 Bugfix Update.

Another bugfix. The "Replay After Restart" option wasn't triggering the "Apply" button, and was still tethered to "Replay After Backwards Skips" (i.e. didn't actually work without the latter also being checked)

It's now fully functional, and works independently of "Replay After Backwards Skips" and/or "Activate Classic Mode."

Main download has been updated to 2.0.2.

If you already have 2.0 or 2.0.1 and don't want to download everything again, just paste the attached .exe over your existing copy.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2023, 07:55:54 PM by WillLem »

Offline WillLem

• View Profile
To keep the release topic tidy, please observe the following:

For general comments, please post here.
For bug reports, please post a new topic on the SuperLemmix board with the prefix [BUG] in the topic title.
For suggestions, please post a new topic on the SuperLemmix board with the prefix [SUG] in the topic title.