Author Topic: Lemmings Forums Level Contest #26 - Results  (Read 1708 times)

Offline IchoTolot

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Lemmings Forums Level Contest #26 - Results
« on: November 27, 2022, 03:11:10 PM »
Ladies and gentleman, we've got our final results! :)

The winning levels are:

NieSch's "Blocker from Hell"

and

NieSch's "Wee Walk in Winter Wonderland"

Congratulations to NieSch for winning the contest! :thumbsup:

Congratulations to Armani therefore for reaching the 2nd place with:

Armani's "There's a Sniper in the Forest"

Choice for the prize for the first place is either:

- a month's advertising on the forum's news ticker
- picking the next contest's rules
- US $5.00 (PayPal would be the easiest here I think).

Offline NieSch

• View Profile
Re: Lemmings Forums Level Contest #26 - Results
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2022, 04:10:44 PM »
Yippee! Winning with 2 levels even. Cool that you can also win the contest with a relatively simple level/solution. (I'm referring to 'Wee Walk', which was my personal favorite by the way.)

I'll try to come up with some nice rules for the next contest!

:party:
My NeoLemmix packs: All You Need Is Lemmings - Long Live Lemmings! - Yippee! More Lemmings
SuperLemmix: Tomb Rodents featuring Lemmina Croft

Offline kaywhyn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2022, 10:44:01 PM »
Congrats Niesch on a well-deserved win with both your R1 and R3 levels! :thumbsup: For the record, I voted for your R3 to win the entire contest, and I apparently broke the tie at the time I voted. However, later one someone else came along and voted for your R1 and tied up the result again :laugh: This honestly surprises me a bit, as I thought your R3 would be the clear winner, but nope, it's an even split.

I forgot to put in my vote in the semi-finals, but even then that would not had changed the result of both of your levels advancing to the finals. For that one, my votes would had gone to both Armani's R2 and your R3, but again that wouldn't had been enough to save Armani's R2 from elimination.

As I noted before, you're definitely a fan of 1-of-everything levels, as am I, and your R3 is quite a nice one. Love that red herring that tripped me up for a while with the digger placement! :thumbsup:

As for my own levels, seems like the quality of them suffered quite a bit here. In particular, I was surprised about my R1 not being more well-liked, but I think I know why: It just became a visual mess after a while due to all the backrouting. This would also be one of the few times in which I voted for a level of mine, just because I kind of like the central tricks I sprinkled in there, but other than the visual quality, perhaps it's just how it was likely way too difficult to be a serious contender in the running.

However, nice to know that my R2 was the most popular despite it having gone through more than 20 versions! :thumbsup: I thought that was exactly what was going to really harm it, but looks like not. I think it was simply due to the shimmier concept there! ;)

Anyway, congrats also to Armani for first runner-up and to all the level designers for their levels :)
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCPMqwuqZ206rBWJrUC6wkrA - My YouTube channel and you can also find my playlists of Lemmings level packs that I have LPed
kaywhyn's blog: https://www.lemmingsforums.net/index.php?topic=5363.0

Offline Armani

• :D
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2022, 08:00:19 AM »
:party:

Congratulation Niesch!
I had voted for Blocker from Hell during entire voting phase and it tied for first place! Looks like every vote mattered this time :D
My newest Neolemmix level pack : Lemmings Halloween 2023 :D 8-)

About Armani: Armani's Blog
My NL level packs(in chronological order):
  Lemmings Uncharted [Medium~Extreme]
  Xmas Lemmings 2021 [Easy~Very Hard]
  Lemmings Halloween 2023 [Easy-Very Hard]

Offline WillLem

• Unity isn't sameness, it's togetherness
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2022, 03:26:35 AM »
Congrats NieSch! I also voted for Blocker From Hell, managed to solve it as well. Here's my replay, managed to save 26 lems :lemcat:

Offline NieSch

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2022, 12:47:15 PM »
Thanks all!

@WillLem: Well done! Nice use of that stacker. :)
My NeoLemmix packs: All You Need Is Lemmings - Long Live Lemmings! - Yippee! More Lemmings
SuperLemmix: Tomb Rodents featuring Lemmina Croft