Author Topic: [SUG][PLAYER] Nudge minimap left & right using hotkeys  (Read 2471 times)

Offline WillLem

• Unity isn't sameness, it's togetherness
    • View Profile
[SUG][PLAYER] Nudge minimap left & right using hotkeys
« on: January 10, 2022, 08:53:11 AM »
I'm currently experimenting with mapping NL controls to gamepad. I currently have the right analog stick setup so that a nudge to the left or right accelerates the mouse cursor to the far left or right of the screen, with it then "springing" back to the centre when the stick is released.

The effect this has is to nudge the gameplay screen left and right, as shown here.

Would it be possible to build this functionality into NL so that "nudge minimap L/R" (for example) could be set to hotkeys without disturbing the position of the mouse cursor?

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
Re: [SUG][PLAYER] Nudge minimap left & right using hotkeys
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2022, 08:19:11 PM »
As this suggestion does not relate to a UI feature introduced in 12.11.X or 12.12.X, it is being automatically rejected under the "mostly no new suggestions" rule. It is likely that a change purely for the sake of gamepad use (which is more of a novelty than a serious use case) would not be accepted anyway.
My Lemmings projects
2D Lemmings: NeoLemmix (engine) | Lemmings Plus Series (level packs) | Doomsday Lemmings (level pack)
3D Lemmings: Loap (engine) | L3DEdit (level / graphics editor) | L3DUtils (replay / etc utility) | Lemmings Plus 3D (level pack)

Offline WillLem

• Unity isn't sameness, it's togetherness
    • View Profile
Reply to a closed suggestion
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2022, 03:20:50 PM »
This is a reply to this suggestion, which has now been closed. Mods, please feel free to move this post to that topic.

@namida - Your reply infers that this suggestion is being made to make gamepad mapping better, but this isn't the case and in fact the reverse is true.

Nudging the minimap left and right is something which is made possible by using external gamepad input software, which is capable of simulating a quick movement of the mouse to the left and right and back to the centre (known as "spring"). So, the idea came about this way and is being put forward because it's a function which non-gamepad users might find useful.

I realise that this doesn't make any difference to the decision; I'm aware you've implemented a blanket "no new suggestions" policy (although tbh I didn't realise that this also includes basic UI stuff).
« Last Edit: January 11, 2022, 03:42:00 PM by WillLem »