Author Topic: DireKrow's Feedback (0.0.7.0 Destructives)  (Read 1818 times)

Offline DireKrow

• Noisy Crow
    • View Profile
DireKrow's Feedback (0.0.7.0 Destructives)
« on: January 24, 2022, 12:47:22 AM »
Another major version, another feedback thread, this one focused on the new destructive skills.

I have some concerns regarding their interactions with slopes...

Images 1 (click to show/hide)

- Blockers at the top of slopes that are bombed, in L3D, act as though they are positioned at the highest point of the slope. In Loap, they appear to act as though they are one slice lower, at the 3/4 point of the slope, resulting in a different explosion pattern. This isn't a concern, however...

Images 2 (click to show/hide)

- ...The same is true of Miners, resulting in a miner at the top of a slope removing the top two slices of the next block, instead of only one. This also interrupts them, where as in L3D the miner will continue on. Additionally...

Images 3 (click to show/hide)

- ...A basher that bashes into a wall at the top of a slope shows the same behavior. This results in the basher removing the bottom slice of the block in front of them, and the top slice of the block below, clipping them into a 1-slice-wide hole and prevent any lemmings from following. In L3D, the basher removes the 2 bottom slices of the wall and allows lemmings to follow, as expected.

Images 4 (click to show/hide)

- The behavior of diggers on slopes is different as well. In Loap they remove the bottom two slices only, where as in L3D, the entire slope is destroyed. This may not be a problem, but has been noted for reference.
LOTY 2020 Winner
My NeoLemmix Levels: The Krow Files (File A v1.2 released 21-Feb-2020)

Offline DireKrow

• Noisy Crow
    • View Profile
Re: DireKrow's Feedback (0.0.7.0 Destructives)
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2022, 01:05:01 AM »
Continuing from above and related to some of the other points, in L3D the following happens:

If you assign a basher at the base of the slope: It bashes the bottom 2 slices of the slope
If you assign a basher in the first quarter of a slope: It bashes the middle 2 slices of the slope
If you assign a basher in the second quarter of a slope: It bashes the top 2 slices of the slope
If you assign a basher in the third quarter of a slope: It bashes the top slice of the slope
If you assign a basher in the last quarter of a slope: It does nothing to the slope itself.

Currently in Loap:

If you assign a basher at the base of the slope: It bashes the bottom 2 slices of the slope
If you assign a basher in the first quarter of a slope: It bashes the bottom 2 slices of the slope
If you assign a basher in the second quarter of a slope: It bashes the middle 2 slices of the slope
If you assign a basher in the third quarter of a slope: It bashes the top 2 slices of the slope
If you assign a basher in the last quarter of a slope: It bashes the top slice of the slope... but misses the slope itself.

Images demonstrating this:

Images 5 (click to show/hide)

- I think it would be better if it worked like L3D, because currently in Loap, there's no way to bash a wall above a slope without bashing into the slope itself.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2022, 01:12:24 AM by DireKrow »
LOTY 2020 Winner

Offline DireKrow

• Noisy Crow
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2022, 01:35:01 AM »
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

- Bashers and miners can't destroy builder bridges in Loap currently. They can in L3D (see Image 6-1).
- Diggers in Loap only destroy the lower tile in builder bridges, where as L3D Diggers destroy both tiles in the same grid square. This makes it so diggers can't free blockers on builder bridges in Loap, where as they can in L3D.
- If a builder bridge is offset by half a grid square from a builder starting mid-block instead of at an edge, then attempting to dig the topmost tile will result in the digger doing the digging animation, but not actually breaking anything.
LOTY 2020 Winner

Offline namida

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • NeoLemmix Website
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2022, 07:13:14 AM »
As far as I can tell all issues in this topic are resolved in the latest commit. Therefore I'm closing this topic now - but if I've missed anything please do report it in a new one.
My Lemmings projects
2D Lemmings: NeoLemmix (engine) | Lemmings Plus Series (level packs) | Doomsday Lemmings (level pack)
3D Lemmings: Loap (engine) | L3DEdit (level / graphics editor) | L3DUtils (replay / etc utility) | Lemmings Plus 3D (level pack)