Author Topic: Level Design Contest #24 - Playing Phase (Update Topic)  (Read 3882 times)

Offline IchoTolot

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Level Design Contest #24 - Playing Phase (Update Topic)
« on: November 07, 2021, 09:45:45 PM »
Note: This topic is ONLY for posting updates to your levels, or making late submissions. All other posts will be deleted. If you want to discuss the levels, post replays, etc, please do so in the Discussion Topic.

Please follow these rules for updates:
1. When posting a new updated version of a level, remove any old updated versions of that level --> Have all your recent updates stored in 1 post! I will delete such old posts eventually if the author doesn't; so don't store any important information in them.
2. Make a new post for a new update; do not edit your most recent post. You may, however, post updates to multiple entries (if you have more than one) in the same post.
3. Use the same filename as found in the ZIP of the entered levels, with "V2" "V3" etc added at the end. No matter how minor an update is, give it a new number.
4. Do not post in this topic, unless it's to post an update to your levels. Use the discussion topic instead for anything else.

Please use the same naming format as in the zip file:  User1_Levelname_R3V5.lvl ---> Level "Levelname" by User1   for Rule 3   Version 5 of the level 

For late submissions also, please use the same kind of filename as is used in the main levels download - ie: your username, and "R1" "R2" or "R3" to mark which rule the level is for. Please be sure to check the original contest announcement topic for the rules; as the notes in the discussion topic are simply meant as reminders, not full explanations of the rules.

Please use the right naming format when posting updates! That would lead to less confusions and less work for everyone.

Link to discussion topic

Offline IchoTolot

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Level Design Contest #24 - Playing Phase (Update Topic)
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2021, 04:32:56 PM »
An update for my R1 level with the following changes:

-1 basher
+1 save req
changed the double OWW to a single one

Offline ∫tan x dx

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2021, 06:53:56 PM »
Updated my R3 level EMERGENCY EVACUATION to V7!

V2 Changelog:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

V3 Changelog:

V4 Changelog:

V5 Changelog:

V6 Changelog:

V7 Changelog:

« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2021, 08:16:23 PM »
Rule 2 Version 4: added one way walls to address kaywhyn's minor backroute.

Offline kaywhyn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2021, 09:12:44 PM »
V3 of my R1 uploaded!

Changelog History of R1:

V2 - Shifted some misplaced terrain at the bottom, added some terrain, and added a laser trap to fix a backroute thanks to KingShadow3. As a result of the laser trap, +1 shimmier

edit: reuploaded V2 again, as I made some more changes. Instead of a laser trap, I added two masher traps and shifted some of the terrain a bit more

V3 - Added some terrain to block an alternative backroute solution Icho found

R2 remains V10 and hence doesn't need to be reuploaded!

Changelog History of R2:

V2 - Added a button and some vine traps as a preemptive fix. I haven't had any solutions to my R2 from anyone yet, but I realized some horrible backroutes from some more testing I did earlier tonight, and so I would like to upload a new version of my R2. I don't know if this will be enough, but let's see.

V3 - Added steel, added another vine trap and made the cloners pickups to fix a backroute thanks to Armani. Once again, I don't know if this will completely enforce the intended solution just yet, but I think this will at least eliminate any really bad ones. Let's see how badly the level is still broken :laugh:

V4 - Added OWAs (as a preemptive fix), moved some terrain near the exit, added more terrain near the exit, moved a button, -1 blocker, and +1 basher to fix backroutes thanks to Armani

V5 - Added some more terrain, modified some terrain near the exit, shifted the exit and the two grass vine traps near it, added some vine traps, and moved 4 of the cloner pickups to fix a backroute thanks to Armani.

V6 - Added some more terrain and added a vine trap to fix backroutes thanks to Armani

V7 - Added more terrain, added a button and a vine grass trap near it, removed a vine trap from the previous version, and added some OWAs to fix backroutes thanks to Armani

edit: Also removed steel, and hence my level is "steelless" again :laugh:

V8 - Removed and shifted some terrain, extended some OWAs, and added some up OWAs close to it to fix backroutes thanks to Armani

V9 - Reduced cloner pickup count to 3 and instead put an additional cloner pickup, and made the bomber skills pickups to fix a slight backroute thanks to Armani

V10 - Shifted some terrain on the far right, and made the blockers pickups and two of the bashers pickups to fix a slight backroute thanks to Armani

R3 remains V3 and hence doesn't need to be reuploaded

Changelog History of R3:

V2 - Shifted and added some terrain to fix a minor backroute thanks to Armani

V3 - Added some terrain on either side of the exit near it, as well as removed 10 tons traps near the exit, not primarily to block Armani's solution, but rather force the player to use more skills. Also reduced the skillset to 4 of everything as suggested by Armani, thanks for the feedback! :)
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCPMqwuqZ206rBWJrUC6wkrA - My YouTube channel and you can also find my playlists of Lemmings level packs that I have LPed
kaywhyn's blog: https://www.lemmingsforums.net/index.php?topic=5363.0

Offline Armani

• :D
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2021, 01:33:25 AM »
Rule1 Update V3 -> V4 thanks to Ichotolot and Apjjm 8-)
My newest Neolemmix level pack : Lemmings Halloween 2023 :D 8-)

About Armani: Armani's Blog
My NL level packs(in chronological order):
  Lemmings Uncharted [Medium~Extreme]
  Xmas Lemmings 2021 [Easy~Very Hard]
  Lemmings Halloween 2023 [Easy-Very Hard]

Offline Kingshadow3

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 03, 2021, 06:41:22 PM »
Update to entries:

---R1 (OttoLicho's Sprudel Squires)---
V1 -> V2 - Added more steel to patch kaywhyn's backroute.
V2 -> V3 - More steel was added to patch IchoTolot's backroute
V3 -> V4 - Had to alter the terrain to fix a backroute by Apjjm

---R2 (Silence in the Library)---
V1 -> V2 - Added another fire gear to the level to patch kaywhyn's backroute.
V2 -> V3 - Added Steel to part of terrain, Also added more terrain to resolve slider mechanics in future Neolemmix versions.

---R3 (Revenge of the King)---
V1 -> V2 - Made the Jumper skill a pick-up skill to patch a backroute discovered by IchoTolot.
V2 -> V3 - Altered the shape of the Robot Clown heads.
V3 -> V4 - Changed the shape of the letter G to patch another backroute discovered by IchoTolot.
V4 -> V5 - Added extra steel to the letter G.

Offline NieSch

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 11, 2021, 11:39:20 AM »
Aerial Antics

N.B: update V10 is (probably) too late to be included in the final contest pack but for the sake of completeness here it is. ;)

V10 changes:
V9 changes:
V8 changes:
V7 changes:
V6 changes:
V5 changes:
V4 changes:
V3: aesthetic changes
V2 changes:
« Last Edit: December 11, 2021, 11:59:27 AM by NieSch »
My NeoLemmix packs: All You Need Is Lemmings - Long Live Lemmings! - Yippee! More Lemmings
SuperLemmix: Tomb Rodents featuring Lemmina Croft